Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 95. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
You can see relevant info on the public irc channel or Trello.  I'm happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

Your obviously entitled to your own opinions but to show negativity without any evidence or factual info whatsoever is very troll like.  We're open to debate.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Mint already touched 5 satoshi. It will go lower. Dump all your mintcoin now. Don't wait for it to go to less than zero satoshi. Dump your coins fast while they are still worth anything.

True, this coin have no future
Activity: 188
Mint already touched 5 satoshi. It will go lower. Dump all your mintcoin now. Don't wait for it to go to less than zero satoshi. Dump your coins fast while they are still worth anything.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
I'm not worried about it. Happy Thanksgiving.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Yeah. I just wish I had known ahead of time they would do this, then I could grab up the cheap coins. For me, I don't have any extra to buy coins right now, so it sort of sucks. I am definitely not selling though. Whoever selling at these price is not smart though imo. Think about it. The minting rate is going to drop like 30%! Then 50% again in a year! Minty fresh new coins are going to be a lot rarer soon. Oh well, I guess I can't really complain. I have been hoping to get more coins, so if the price goes down then it means more coins for those of us who like the coin.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Be thankful for cheap coins!  Smiley
Activity: 336
Mintcoin is tanking hard. I highly recommend selling all your coins now if you are holding any still. Don't wait until they go to one or two satoshi. Dump them now.

The tanking is manipulation just before the big rise, the big players are filtering out people without a steady hand.
This game is a lot like poker actually and how bigger your stack how easier the game gets Wink

I'll snag up some more mint tonight probably  Cool
Activity: 250
Gain Real Value On Exchanges
Hi Mintcoin,

Just a quick message to let you know that we have updated our Scrypt and SHA256 profitability so you can expect to see much more MINT from Steak Cloud by your next payout.

Regards

Steak Cloud support

Increasing Altcoin Value
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mintcoin is tanking hard. I highly recommend selling all your coins now if you are holding any still. Don't wait until they go to one or two satoshi. Dump them now.

You buying? Wink
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Mintcoin is a 100% pure poof of stake coin now. The original distribution was several weeks by proof of work at first, for fair distribution. It is arguably the first coin of its kind, in the sense that it was the first coin to be released, with PoW at first distribution, with the intent to be later converted to PoS. Some other coins were cloned immediately after Mintcoin's release with an even faster initial distribution (basically instamined) in a few days, and thus technically became converted over to PoS first, before Mintcoin did. But Mintcoin was released first.

As for the syncing issues. I have never used the bootstrap before, just letting it sync block by block. If you do that it will take about a week of letting your client just run 24/7. Sometimes it seems to clock up, but if you jest be patient and come back in a few more hours, it will have moved forward and made progress again. The graphic user interface isn't always responding while doing a ton of syncing, but it IS still syncing in the background, u der the hood. Once it is caught up finally, you will be able to see it. Sometime restarting the client every few hours can help speed up the syncing too, IMO.

Also it seems people with Windows 10 have been having more issues lately... Not sure, just saying, are u on windows 10?

PS, switch to Linux Smiley

Yes MintCoin was more than just a copy past coin when it was launched and was innovative with a short POW period leading to POS only.

I calculated that from taking the average of a few hours of syncing that it would have taken me about 6 days to sync fully at the rate of sync I was getting, it was too long because I was due to stake and missed the wallet up date so I had staked with a dud wallet previously I didn't want to loose out by going over the deadline of 11 days as it was then. Syncing does work yes, it is just very slow when compared to some other wallets but the number one coin BTC is a terrible wallet to sync in my experience and I was trying to sync that up as well.

The bootstrap was easy once I realized that I only needed the contents of the zip file and was forced to install 7zip to unzip the files.

As for Windows10 I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's equipment, windows stopped at 7 for me and I am moving to Linux slowly.

My wallet took a long time to sync and there's no point trashing your CPU while it's syncing, so I used a command to stop it staking until it was fully synced. I typed something like reserved=1000000 into the debug window and it stopped staking. Coins from staking are treated as orphans by the network until your wallet is fully synced, so it's best to disable staking until then.
Activity: 188
Activity: 336
Still nothing is really happening so i think this "thirding" won't bring anything for the traders
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
10 days left to the block reward reduction. Smiley

Halving incoming - what will happen what are the possible reactions

-samsunk

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12796449
Technically it is not a halving, it is a thirding. A 33.33% drop.

It was a 25% decrease last year, is 33.33% decrease this year, and will be a 50% decrease next year.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Any updates on new wallet development. I mean if defined in %, how far have we come with it? I am very excited about reduction in resource usage that devs are trying to achieve. TIA
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Halving incoming - what will happen what are the possible reactions

-samsunk
Activity: 703
a bunch of text

I have a DB that zipped up uploaded to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6c5ttsz0c77mtp/mintcoin.zip

this will bring you up to 11/1 for anyone that needs, and doesn't understand how the bootstrap works
Activity: 364
Mintcoin is a 100% pure poof of stake coin now. The original distribution was several weeks by proof of work at first, for fair distribution. It is arguably the first coin of its kind, in the sense that it was the first coin to be released, with PoW at first distribution, with the intent to be later converted to PoS. Some other coins were cloned immediately after Mintcoin's release with an even faster initial distribution (basically instamined) in a few days, and thus technically became converted over to PoS first, before Mintcoin did. But Mintcoin was released first.

As for the syncing issues. I have never used the bootstrap before, just letting it sync block by block. If you do that it will take about a week of letting your client just run 24/7. Sometimes it seems to clock up, but if you jest be patient and come back in a few more hours, it will have moved forward and made progress again. The graphic user interface isn't always responding while doing a ton of syncing, but it IS still syncing in the background, u der the hood. Once it is caught up finally, you will be able to see it. Sometime restarting the client every few hours can help speed up the syncing too, IMO.

Also it seems people with Windows 10 have been having more issues lately... Not sure, just saying, are u on windows 10?

Yes MintCoin was more than just a copy past coin when it was launched and was innovative with a short POW period leading to POS only.

I calculated that from taking the average of a few hours of syncing that it would have taken me about 6 days to sync fully at the rate of sync I was getting, it was too long because I was due to stake and missed the wallet up date so I had staked with a dud wallet previously I didn't want to loose out by going over the deadline of 11 days as it was then. Syncing does work yes, it is just very slow when compared to some other wallets but the number one coin BTC is a terrible wallet to sync in my experience and I was trying to sync that up as well.

The bootstrap was easy once I realized that I only needed the contents of the zip file and was forced to install 7zip to unzip the files.

As for Windows10 I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's equipment, windows stopped at 7 for me and I am moving to Linux slowly.

Activity: 356
Activity: 356

Activity: 364
Is this coin first POS stake coin ?

PeerCoin first as far as I know, Peer Unity wallet syncs like a dream.
Pages:
Jump to: