Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 104. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Followed on Twitter @steakcloud
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
Hello Mint Community,

I would like to announce that we've requested that MintCoin be added as a payout option on Steak Cloud mining site. They are currently considering the coin to be added and would love to show them that this is a great community and will be beneficial not only to them but MintCoin itself.

Steak Cloud is a multipool mining site that allows you to use your payout address as your username and get paid in that coin.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
Three questions:

1.  Is the latest version downloadable from mintcoinofficial.com yet?

2.  How long until the next wallet release?

3. Is there a 2.0.1 release for windows 64 bit operating system?

1. Mintcoinofficial.com has always just linked to google drive and Dropbox for release downloads, I don't particularly like that format of distribution, but yes those links do contain the latest release.

2. Honest answer: when its ready

3. There is currently a runtime error that occurs with win64 builds. Tracking down the cause and fixing it is on our list, but currently isn't a top priority.
@crzybilly i am connected & staking.

@Fuzzbawls thanks for explaining. We have moved desktop wallet to new github rep. fairglu couldn't find the link in your post so i have sent him a PM with the link now Grin

Only got a link to a binaries and source zip (https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0), but the github repository itself has not been updated (last commit from august 5, cf. https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master)

Is the github repository itself going to be abandoned and only used for downloads? (updated explorer wallet from src.zip but using src.zip means changes and commit history are lost, unability to easily fork locally, etc.)

Check the branches. The 2.0.1.0 release is the last commit in the 2.0 branch. Master wasn't updated specifically because this release contains some bug fixes that just aren't needed downstream. And rather than have to revert a bunch of commits, we decided to keep this particular patch release segregated.

sorry, i edited my post to ask a third question too! thanks for the replies.

Only 32 bit for now. I will bring the suggestions to the devs.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
sorry, i edited my post to ask a third question too! thanks for the replies.
Two questions:

1. yes

2. this is unknown because we're working on overhauling the single file db
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Three questions:

3. Is there a 2.0.1 release for windows 64 bit operating system?
I initially wanted to update the subversion for this patch release for that exact purpose, but we ultimately decided to hold off until 2.1.

Subversion updates should be generally harmless, it's protocol version change you have to watch for.

Thanks for asking here, maybe Fuzzbawls can help you. Smiley

EDIT: This fork from fuzzbawls is ahead of main repository. Maybe they will update to his version later. I hope Fuzzbawls will clear the situation.

https://github.com/Fuzzbawls/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet

that github is strictly for what fuzzbawls is working on, other mintcoin devs have their own github too, and when a build it ready the merge them with the main mintcoin github.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I initially wanted to update the subversion for this patch release for that exact purpose, but we ultimately decided to hold off until 2.1.

Subversion updates should be generally harmless, it's protocol version change you have to watch for.

Thanks for asking here, maybe Fuzzbawls can help you. Smiley

EDIT: This fork from fuzzbawls is ahead of main repository. Maybe they will update to his version later. I hope Fuzzbawls will clear the situation.

https://github.com/Fuzzbawls/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

@Fuzzbawls thanks for explaining. We have moved desktop wallet to new github rep. fairglu couldn't find the link in your post so i have sent him a PM with the link now Grin

Only got a link to a binaries and source zip (https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0), but the github repository itself has not been updated (last commit from august 5, cf. https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master)

Is the github repository itself going to be abandoned and only used for downloads? (updated explorer wallet from src.zip but using src.zip means changes and commit history are lost, unability to easily fork locally, etc.)

Great work devs!! Will donate as soon as i stake Smiley
Thanks for bringing life back to this coin

EDIT: Just sent a message to fairglu from CryptoID explorer. I hope they update so we have latest nodes list. Right now just one node on latest version.

the '/MintCoin:2.0.1/' subversion you see on CryptoID was from the 2.0.1.0 test build where I specifically changed the it so I could easily find the test clients to make sure they were playing nicely with the network. 2.0.1.0 release is still using the '/MintCoin:0.7.2/' subversion.

It won't be until the 2.1 release where the reported subversion is officially changed.

node lists for the purpose of gaining connections are basically unnecessary now with 3 active DNS Seeders and possibly a 4th on the way. However, I do agree that node lists for the purpose of statistical analysis of network coverage is a fun thing to dig into. I initially wanted to update the subversion for this patch release for that exact purpose, but we ultimately decided to hold off until 2.1.

EDIT: Just sent a message to fairglu from CryptoID explorer. I hope they update so we have latest nodes list. Right now just one node on latest version.
I have 12 active connections... do you need me to list them for you?

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications

Work continues on the 2.1 release, which will further improve memory usage and introduce new features.

Good to see some more updates, as it was on one of the first research sites I check daily & great research data in the build layout of the site. The BBcode has been updated, changed the icons for the wallets links & a few other fixes. Here's the link to both:

http://cryptocoin.cc/?newsid=00106

https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/1f8cd5b061d449612dec661fac6f420ef8249046

https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/8dad865c8f28ad37a278cd3c59ccf7b59ad782b1
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
I got my first mint coins today. This community rocks. Smiley
OPTIONAL UPDATE - v2.0.1.0

This patch is intended to be the last release of the 2.0 branch and the "beginning of the end" for the old and outdated single-file blockchain database structure. Before the next major version however, we wanted to make some of the network/message/cpu optimizations available. Some of the changes included in this release are:

• Back ports from mainline bitcoin to improve message handling.
  • Disable some mining code that is no longer used during the pure proof-of-stake phase.
  • Bloom filter feature added to increase privacy.
  • Many small network optimizations.

The biggest benefit is much lower CPU usage and bandwidth used. While memory consumption still remains on the "high" side, a few memory leaks were fixed that will prevent a situation of exponential memory usage increase from occurring when the wallet is left open over extended periods of time.

HOW TO UPDATE

Since this release still runs on the single-file database format, updating is a simple process of replacing your binary executable. Please make sure that no MintCoin processes are currently running before replacing this file! Once the file has been replaced, start up your wallet/daemon as usual.

DOWNLOADS

Click the logo at the top of this post to go directly to the Github release page, where you will find all available wallet/daemon downloads.
For those of you that would rather download directly:

Daemons have no GUI!

All startup and RPC commands from previous versions, as well as conf file format remain the same.
All Images, Logos, and GUI elements remain consistent with previous 2.0 branch releases.

Work continues on the 2.1 release, which will further improve memory usage and introduce new features.
@cryptomommy Any word from bittrex on our listing there?
Jump to: