Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 99. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 703
Merit: 250
Can someone help this person on Reddit figure out how to work the bootstrap? I've never done it, put just saw this
http://reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/3r8tax/bootstrap_download_broken_link_on_mintcoin/cwmnifs

I don't have a reddit account, but can you ask them the OS they are on, and if they extracted the 7z file?
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Can someone help this person on Reddit figure out how to work the bootstrap? I've never done it, put just saw this
http://reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/3r8tax/bootstrap_download_broken_link_on_mintcoin/cwmnifs
What proof do you have the rumors are true? Source? You can't just say so and leave us hanging with nothing to verify.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Still waiting for a news source or whatever made this so imperative today?

Any Info would be appreciated.

Cool

Activity: 750
Merit: 500
My advice for a while now has been to avoid cryptsy. Investigation or not, they just aren't capable of reacting in a timely manner to any changes/complications/updates/etc. This has been proven time and time again and not just with MINT but with a multitude of other coins that have no inherent problems besides the problems that cryptsy themselves create. To make matters worse, their communication of any issues/problems just plain sucks.
legendary
Activity: 1090
I just put a notice on the facebook page advising Mintcoin users to withdraw their coins from Cryptsy.

Unfortunately it seems the rumours are true and that they are under investigation for suspicious conduct.

While Mintcoin withdrawals are likely unaffected for now, it seems they are halting Bitcoin withdrawals, so I suggest removing all coins from the exchange as soon as possible.

Can you quote a news link?

Cool

My advice to anyone is; act quickly on rumour when it comes to exchanges. Gox, mintpal, vircurex, cryptorush, etc. are the proof.
legendary
I just put a notice on the facebook page advising Mintcoin users to withdraw their coins from Cryptsy.

Unfortunately it seems the rumours are true and that they are under investigation for suspicious conduct.

While Mintcoin withdrawals are likely unaffected for now, it seems they are halting Bitcoin withdrawals, so I suggest removing all coins from the exchange as soon as possible.

Can you quote a news link?

Cool
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

Saw an interesting article today, thought I'd share it if anyone looking for a read:
How a group of neighbors created their own internet service

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/how-a-group-of-neighbors-created-their-own-internet-service/
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fyi: I Haven't used Windows 10 yet....

You said it was working fine before you had to do a system restore? Sounds like something bad happened to your computer. Do you have a backed up version of your wallet saved on a flash drive or something somewhere that wasn't kept on your windows operating system? Maybe the system restore screwed up your wallet?

I would take whatever backups of your wallet.dat that you have and save then completely delete everything Mintcoin related on your PC. Then download and install fresh. Wait for it to totally sync ( may take a week) or use the bootstrap, then still make sure the blocks are completely caught up with what the block explorer says. Then turn off the Mintcoin client and put in a backup of your wallet. Keep trying backups until you find one that works. If you keep getting error messages, let us know.

I have the wallet backed up so no problems with that, Thanks for your help! I'll let you know how I get on
Activity: 924
I AM
Is there a way to buy Mintcoins from Mexico? What would be the easiest way to get MINT if I live in Mexico?
If all I have is Mexican Pesos, what's the best way to exchange it for MINT?

Get mintcoin on 1ex.trade and you could trade fiat Mint in Pesos
Is that a website? 

1ex.trade

?

Yes, New exchange, they are starting to add alts next week
Is there a way to buy Mintcoins from Mexico? What would be the easiest way to get MINT if I live in Mexico?

Is that a website? 

1ex.trade

?
Activity: 924
I AM

legendary

https://bitso.com/?l=en

Convert Pesos to BTC.

Then send the BTC to Spanish Exchanges trading Mintcoins
Bleutrade
SouthXchange

Cool

FYI:
If you use SouthXchange , this was in their dialog box
@mcgo_: You need to exchange BTC to NBT, then NBT to USD (this is free at 1:1 rate) and then withdraw to PayPal.
(in case you wanted to complete a conversion from Pesos to US $ .)
Activity: 750

I'm not aware of any direct MXN/MINT conversion services.
Maybe checkout localbitcoins.com and buy some BTC with your desired fiat currency, then get some MINT with the BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
are you running the correct wallet version?

I don't recall you discussing your wallet version.
Activity: 703
Have you tried launching it with the repairwallet command?
Fyi: I Haven't used Windows 10 yet....

You said it was working fine before you had to do a system restore? Sounds like something bad happened to your computer. Do you have a backed up version of your wallet saved on a flash drive or something somewhere that wasn't kept on your windows operating system? Maybe the system restore screwed up your wallet?

I would take whatever backups of your wallet.dat that you have and save then completely delete everything Mintcoin related on your PC. Then download and install fresh. Wait for it to totally sync ( may take a week) or use the bootstrap, then still make sure the blocks are completely caught up with what the block explorer says. Then turn off the Mintcoin client and put in a backup of your wallet. Keep trying backups until you find one that works. If you keep getting error messages, let us know.

Pages:
Jump to: