Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 11. (Read 1369777 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Is it normal that ALL of my coin age resets to 0 after I receive a minting reward?
I just waited out the 20 days while staking my 50,000 mint on a running wallet (I know it doesn't need to stay running but it was mostly up the whole time).

Then I saw two rewards come into the wallet that were "Generated but not accepted" (148 then 149 mint).
Finally I got a successful minting reward of 153 mint confirmed.
And now I'm no longer minting... "Not minting because you don't have mature coins"...

Umm, what?  This doesn't make any sense at all.   20 days to wait AGAIN, in between every staking reward?
If this is how it works then it's a total waste of my time.  This must be a bug in the wallet?

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

This is how all old PoS coins work; all coins inside the wallet have to mature before they can mint new coins.

MINT has a mature period of 20 days, it's no secret. Maybe you should've studied the coin's tech specs a bit more carefully....

It is a good system, only surpassed by the PoS 3 with masternodes.

Maybe MINT's devs are planning to shift, but for now this is the way it is supposed to work. And it works!
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Is it normal that ALL of my coin age resets to 0 after I receive a minting reward?
I just waited out the 20 days while staking my 50,000 mint on a running wallet (I know it doesn't need to stay running but it was mostly up the whole time).

Then I saw two rewards come into the wallet that were "Generated but not accepted" (148 then 149 mint).
Finally I got a successful minting reward of 153 mint confirmed.
And now I'm no longer minting... "Not minting because you don't have mature coins"...

Umm, what?  This doesn't make any sense at all.   20 days to wait AGAIN, in between every staking reward?
If this is how it works then it's a total waste of my time.  This must be a bug in the wallet?
   https://imgur.com/a/SB8JF
legendary
Can somebody help me please? My wallet is staking evry day, but all of the coins minted are not confirmed and not accepted - what's the fault ?

you could be on a fork, check you block height with this block explorer:
https://prohashing.com/explorer/Mintcoin/

Everything is ok, my wallet is at the same state, as shown in the explorer - any other ideas ?

Its still the same issue

Is your PC time properly synced?

Try closing the wallet, leave it for 30 minutes and try again. I know it sounds silly but it works!

I do not run the walltet 24/7, so I shut it down the day before and yesterday the minted coins have been accepted for the first time.
Seems your advice worked  - thanks a lot.

If I had some of this f...g merrits, I would give some to you !

Glad to know it worked. I've had the same problem before  Grin
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Can somebody help me please? My wallet is staking evry day, but all of the coins minted are not confirmed and not accepted - what's the fault ?

Everything is ok, my wallet is at the same state, as shown in the explorer - any other ideas ?

Its still the same issue

Try closing the wallet, leave it for 30 minutes and try again. I know it sounds silly but it works!

I do not run the walltet 24/7, so I shut it down the day before and yesterday the minted coins have been accepted for the first time.
Seems your advice worked  - thanks a lot.

If I had some of this f...g merrits, I would give some to you !

Activity: 1
I'm happy to see the progress thus far, I'm sure this is just the beginning. Who else has a stake in mint?
Activity: 339
Merit: 251

Its still the same issue

Yes, agree that is a likely cause.
legendary

Its still the same issue

Activity: 112
Mintcoin to the moon . i got a big bag
Activity: 1

Its still the same issue
Activity: 123
link with snapshot does not work, has anyone have working link?
Activity: 339
Merit: 251

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

Consolidate your coins. I had 20M coins that were staking at all different times etc..... it became too much for the computer.
Send them all to your self at one time. One wallet with one big amount in it. (Pay a good fee so it doesn't get stuck in limbo)

Worked for me a couple of times so far.

OK, I'll give it a try. Any idea how long MINT takes to mature?

EDIT: never mind, I see it's Minimum is 20 days and Maximum is 40 days.

I guess I'll check back in 20 days and let you know how it went...  Sucks that this is necessary. 

OK, 21 day consolidation update:

Great advice litemaster, thanks!  After 20 days, plus an extra day to stake, it worked perfectly.  I have held and staked Mintcoin since 2014 and I was getting mostly failed stake transactions for the last few months, even with the wallet open for days at a time.  Now, the entire stake posted smoothly in a single transaction.

If anyone is working on a new wallet, it would be great if this could be reworked so consolidation of the wallet would not be necessary. 
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Mint Development Update 2018-03-01
https://github.com/shane-kerr/MintCoin-Development-Updates/blob/master/2018-03-01.md

Minty All Day gave us all a pleasant surprise by updating the web site, giving us a minty-fresh new look:

https://mintcoinofficial.com/

While we may miss the style of an early 2000's website, it should make newcomers a lot more comfortable getting involved with MintCoin.

In less happy news, this week we had to ban a user from the Telegram group who was attempting to represent himself as some sort of member of MintCoin governance and solicit donations. Sadly if MintCoin attracts more attention we will also get more scammers, more destructive personalities, and more general non-minty folks involved.

We also we had a bit of frustration in some corners of the Mint community about progress and direction of the coin. Please remember to relax and love each other. Everyone has their own ideas and their own perspective, and while not every suggestion makes sense, we should treat every person with respect and dignity.

On a related note, there have been a lot of people on the MintCoin Telegram group telling us what needs to be done for MintCoin. I try to gently remind them that MintCoin is a community coin, and if you want something done you should do it! Nobody working on the coin has super powers. You can do everything we can, I promise you. wink

It was another good week for MintCoin prices, steadily increasing from 12 satoshi to an impressive peak of 17 satoshi - with a scary dip on Thursday that has mostly recovered. We cannot say for sure why the price rose, but the number of MintCoin users has increased greatly as has the trading volume. Perhaps everyone is excited by the technical work that is at last being done on the coin?

Speaking of the technical work, lets see what actually happened, shall we?

Activity: 42
Mintcoin is on the rise. Though many are selling their bags, I believe it will accumulate more buyers at higher prices since it is the 3rd in volume in Cryptopia already.

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
OMG  Shocked Mintcoin about to rocket on Cryptopia!!!!!  Grin
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
massive volume on cryptopia, great to see all the new members on telegram  Grin

If only we could reach out to the fools with sell orders holding us going up and up  Angry
Activity: 197
Merit: 11
wallet already updated and enhanced sync time, no?
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: