Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 12. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
where to dl the new wallet
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Yes, each time you move your coins their age is reset and therefore the 20 days star counting from the beginning.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Consolidate your coins. I had 20M coins that were staking at all different times etc..... it became too much for the computer.
Send them all to your self at one time. One wallet with one big amount in it. (Pay a good fee so it doesn't get stuck in limbo)

Worked for me a couple of times so far.

But the coins have to mature again for 20days, right?
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Check my post above, i have included links for instructions and the latest nodes.

Also worth jumping on the Telegram channel
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hello. My wallet does not sync anymore. "0 active connections to mintcoin network". do somebody know what this problem can be?
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack
https://mintcoin.zone/

Coins are fully transferable across the internet on the peer-to-peer network from one user to another in under 2 minutes at almost zero cost.
MintCoin has an Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") minting reward of 5%.
A small nominal transaction fee is also collected from every transaction and given to the minters as a bonus reward to encourage saving and securing the network.
Minting starts after at least 20 days of holding coins in an address in the wallet.

Small error in your About Mintcoin Section.

All Transactions Fees are Destroyed .  Minters only earn the 5% interest.

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/blob/ea71867df04658edc39d365b7e98afd933a373a2/src/main.cpp

// ppcoin: fees are not collected by miners as in bitcoin
    // ppcoin: fees are destroyed to compensate the entire network
    if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
printf("ConnectBlock() : destroy=%s nFees=%"PRI64d"\n", FormatMoney(nFees).c_str(), nFees);

You may want to have your new dev fix this , so the transaction fees are no longer destroyed.  Smiley
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
Whole Dev team jumped ship, not before releasing an updated working-? wallet to "insiders". 

Not getting a warm fuzzy here.
Activity: 335
No issue with Cryptopia now, they had to re-sync wallet a while back.
The wallet takes a little time to sync in the first instance but the snapshot will speed it up!

Make sure you add the latest nodes to your wallet conf file to help sync

addnode=64.137.192.55:12788
addnode=79.124.7.89:12788
addnode=208.157.150.188:12788
addnode=94.5.174.111:12788
addnode=24.125.103.115:12788
addnode=81.67.10.177:12788
addnode=172.91.205.249:12788
addnode=118.211.142.166:12788
addnode=210.104.87.98:12788
addnode=73.98.215.227:12788
addnode=73.231.216.115:12788

Lots of activity going on for mint, the sooner people drop the pointless sell walls the quicker it will rise.

A new exchange will breath even more life into it.

Keep an eye on telegram https://t.me/OfficialMintcoin - the pinned message is full wallet install instructions

Activity: 17
Guys! A link to the latest version of the Wallet! I can't synchronize.
Activity: 20
I bought a little stack of mintcoin I'd like to start staking.
I see some people are having trouble getting their coins sent from Cryptopia to the desktop wallet...?

I'm downloading the wallet and January snapshot - I hope I'm not wasting my time.  Undecided  (3.0 GB snapshot is taking several hours to DL off mintcoinofficial.com)

Consolidate your coins. I had 20M coins that were staking at all different times etc..... it became too much for the computer.
Send them all to your self at one time. One wallet with one big amount in it. (Pay a good fee so it doesn't get stuck in limbo)

OK, I'll give it a try. Any idea how long MINT takes to mature?

EDIT: never mind, I see it's Minimum is 20 days and Maximum is 40 days.

I guess I'll check back in 20 days and let you know how it went...  Sucks that this is necessary. 

Surely someone has access to ver. 2.0.3.99 ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Maybe this build has resolved the issues some of us are having.

"addr" : "80.209.xx.xx.",
"version" : 60008,
"subver" : "/MintCoin:2.0.3.99/",

"addr" : "142.54.xx.xx.",

"addr" : "173.208.xx.xx.",

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Hi,

I'm a developer, and I can donate a few hours a week to help with the project. I would, for example, start by updating the website.

I invested in BTC and some other coins, including MINT, back in 2014, and so I'd love to see MINT gain some traction. A professional looking website could go a long way in making people pay more attention to MINT.

Please let me know if you'd like me to help, and how can I do so.

It also looks like the wallet is not working well. I downloaded the wallet, and I can see my MINT as "unconfirmed", but the wallet remains out of sync. Does anyone know if the wallet still works?

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't an issue with the wallet.  I have been staking MINT for many years, I open the wallet, let it sync, then unlock and let it roll for a few days.  It has always worked for me.  Now, for the last 4-6 weeks, this is what I get:

If I'm not mistaken, a balance of almost 900,000 MINT should net ~128 per day @ 5%
Interest from staking used to be right on the money, now, it doesn't seem to be functioning.  If this issue is wide spread, and isn't fixed quick, MINT will go down for the count. 

I see a handful of nodes running 2.0.3.  Why wasn't this wallet released to the community? 

Additionally, the 2.0.2 wallet locks up for 30 seconds to a minute at a time, is good for 15 seconds, then locks up again.  It has pretty much always done this, even though it previously staked correctly.

THIS WALLET NEEDS HELP!!

Hi,

I'm a developer, and I can donate a few hours a week to help with the project. I would, for example, start by updating the website.

I invested in BTC and some other coins, including MINT, back in 2014, and so I'd love to see MINT gain some traction. A professional looking website could go a long way in making people pay more attention to MINT.

It also looks like the wallet is not working well. I downloaded the wallet, and I can see my MINT as "unconfirmed", but the wallet remains out of sync. Does anyone know if the wallet still works?

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't an issue with the wallet.  I have been staking MINT for many years, I open the wallet, let it sync, then unlock and let it roll for a few days.  It has always worked for me.  Now, for the last 4-6 weeks, this is what I get:

If I'm not mistaken, a balance of almost 900,000 MINT should net ~128 per day @ 5%
Interest from staking used to be right on the money, now, it doesn't seem to be functioning.  If this issue is wide spread, and isn't fixed quick, MINT will go down for the count. 

I see a handful of nodes running 2.0.3.  Why wasn't this wallet released to the community? 

Additionally, the 2.0.2 wallet locks up for 30 seconds to a minute at a time, is good for 15 seconds, then locks up again.  It has pretty much always done this, even though it previously staked correctly.

THIS WALLET NEEDS HELP!!

Activity: 9
Hi,

Where are Mintcoin developers? We really need them at this point in time

That is a good question.  Does anyone have access to the 2.0.3 wallet they can share?

Thanks.

[EDIT] Just found this:
http://www.mintymintcoin.com/Blog.html
oogone,
That's not a bad idea.  Mintcoin is badly in need of a wallet upgrade.  I see many of the same issues you report.
I've been minting since 2014 and the wallet lately has been sketchy.  Although it's up-to-date, it hasn't minted properly for several weeks.

I'm afraid to re-sync / re-scan it - because it might take a month or more to complete.

Regards,
Cryptoid
Activity: 260
Hi all,

I have been hodling Mintcoins since 2014.

I have not staked as much as I should have done, reason for this was the wallet and the time it take to sync to the network.

I restarted wallet v2.0.2.0 again starting January this year, but after a month running the wallet mostly 24/7, (power failures, and internet connection prevented me sometimes), I am only synced to Sep 2, 2015 as I write this.

At this rate it is probably only going to be synced in another 3 months time. I decide to download the blockchain from the beginning after reading some posts on the forum suggesting that this will be the best way to do it.

The reason I write this is to find out if some of the Mintcoin community would be interested to get Mintcoin on https://stakeunited.com.

Having a place there might help in more adoption of Mintcoin especially for new users. They can start staking some Mintcoins there, while waiting for their own wallet to sync. It is always safer to keep your coins in your own wallet as we know, but this might be a good option to look at.

Getting Mintcoin listed on https://stakeunited.com will take some community effort.

Activity: 63
This coin is going to explode in 2018 and beyond.

$1 to $5 potential.

Activity: 56
Merit: 3
What is Mintcoin?
Mint is an invasive plant with a network of roots that grow stronger over time.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-mintcoin.html
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Well I've figured out I CAN run both Mintcoin and Philosophers Stone wallets at the same time as long as I start the Mintcoin wallet FIRST.  I haven't been able to pintpoint why the Mintcoin wallet won't respond if its started after the Philosphers Stone wallet but it seems if its started prior then it runs fine.

Any ideas?  They aren't sharing the same ports.
Pages:
Jump to: