Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 141. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Question:
Did mintcoin POS just half? (or so)
I minted on
June 01 (approx 352,000 minted)
and just now on
June 21 (approx 196,000 minted)
and the later was 1/2 (or so) of the former.
What happened?
More than likely, the minting got split, and if you keep your wallet unlocked, another minting will happen shortly for the other half. Check to see if you still have coins mature. The network splits up your minting if you are minting quickly after your coins mature. The reason it does this is to help ensure there is a balance in difficulty over time, and gradually reduce the spikes of weight when larger than average amounts of coins become mature. After you wait 20 days, your coins mature and will attempt to start minting. If they mint within 10 days, they will be split up. If they don't mint within 10 days, then they won't be split up.

The posted amounts were with 2 mintings each time. I just added together for totals.
June 01 was 2x 176,000 mint
June 21 was 2x 98,000 mint
considerably less than 20 days ago

So I'm wondering what changed, was it planned, etc...... That's a pretty good size bite outta the POS

You say you had 2x in June 01, so the next minthing will be doubled again... so you will probably expect 4x transactions after June 21.

OK we will see what happens. Thanks for your input.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
In case you are wondering: The Bitcoin network is currently being stress tested.  Shocked

Any Bitcoin "BTC" transactions you currently try to do will likely be delayed a couple of days!

"At this point the backlog of transactions will be approximately 241 blocks, or 1.67 days. When the average new transactions are factored into the equation, the backlog could drag on for 2-3 days."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ultimate-bitcoin-stress-test-monday-june-22nd-1300-gmt-1094865

Another good reason to be in MINT!
Apparently it failed... their servers crashed...they are going to try to clog the network again in 7 days Roll Eyes
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Question:
I minted on
and just now on
What happened?
More than likely, the minting got split, and if you keep your wallet unlocked, another minting will happen shortly for the other half. Check to see if you still have coins mature. The network splits up your minting if you are minting quickly after your coins mature. The reason it does this is to help ensure there is a balance in difficulty over time, and gradually reduce the spikes of weight when larger than average amounts of coins become mature. After you wait 20 days, your coins mature and will attempt to start minting. If they mint within 10 days, they will be split up. If they don't mint within 10 days, then they won't be split up.

The posted amounts were with 2 mintings each time. I just added together for totals.

So I'm wondering what changed, was it planned, etc...... That's a pretty good size bite outta the POS

You say you had 2x in June 01, so the next minthing will be doubled again... so you will probably expect 4x transactions after June 21.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
In case you are wondering: The Bitcoin network is currently being stress tested.  Shocked

Any Bitcoin "BTC" transactions you currently try to do will likely be delayed a couple of days!

"At this point the backlog of transactions will be approximately 241 blocks, or 1.67 days. When the average new transactions are factored into the equation, the backlog could drag on for 2-3 days."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ultimate-bitcoin-stress-test-monday-june-22nd-1300-gmt-1094865

Another good reason to be in MINT!
Question:
I minted on
and just now on
What happened?

Activity: 356
Question:
I minted on
and just now on
What happened?
Question:
I minted on
and just now on
What happened?
I deleted that Bitcoin URI file and it appears everything is fine!  What an obscure fix...  How would the average mintcoin user know that I have no idea.  Thanks though!

Another question: I have held Mintcoin in my wallet for about 18 months but have not ran the wallet that frequently.  Does that affect my minting of coins?  Do I still get the same amount minted regardless of how often I ran the wallet?
It helps to secure the network if you keep it connected. If if you rarely connect it will affect you as you will lose the effect of compounding. Since newly minted coins will help you mint even more coins once those coins mature. So the compounding effect.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me how to bootstrap the mac client??
I'm loving all the movement Mintcoin has been seeing #25 on coinmarketcap.com today. Sweet!!!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I deleted that Bitcoin URI file and it appears everything is fine!  What an obscure fix...  How would the average mintcoin user know that I have no idea.  Thanks though!

Another question: I have held Mintcoin in my wallet for about 18 months but have not ran the wallet that frequently.  Does that affect my minting of coins?  Do I still get the same amount minted regardless of how often I ran the wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I have an issue with the wallet (1.17) on the computer I've been running it on for a year (windows 7 64bit), the splash screen loads up, it loads the block index etc. The UI then pops up and sits there in a Not responding state. This happened after the computer lost power while the wallet was open and unlocked for minting.

The debug.log isnt showing any errors, the daemon seems to be running fine in the background behind the UI (I can see it updating the blockchain correctly).

I've found a way to get it running by simply copying the data to another computer (also windows 7 64bit) and running an identical copy, it runs fine then. Which leads me to think it's likely a temporary file or something lying around on the original computer that's not in the data folder or the mintcoin program folder.

You need to download and run the whitecoin wallet, then close it and open your mint wallet and it will be ok, I know it seems odd, but it works!

When you do this, do you need to let the Whitecoin wallet sync completely before closing it out, or, will just running it for a bit, and then exiting work? I don't currently have any problems, just curiosity.
You just open it for like 15 seconds. Then go back to Mintcoin and it should work. I believe any Mintcoin clone coins can do the trick too.

Fixed it, I deleted the BitcoinURI file in the "C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess\Select LastBootUpTime from Win32_OperatingSystem" folder
Okay great. How did you figure that out? Smiley
I used Process Explorer to view the handles used by mintcoin, ignoring dlls, files in the mintcoin folder and registry entries that left just one file Smiley Tested it on a fresh datadir just to be sure. I guess whitecoin etc. are using a more recent version of the boost library.

someguy4 answered that question,

Cool
Activity: 257
Hey all,

I posted this on the Mintcoin support forum yesterday but there doesn't seem like much traffic going on there.  I'm having some serious problems getting Mintcoin synced and would appreciate any help.

I’ve been trying to sync my wallet for the last few days. First I updated to the latest 1.17 on Windows 7. It took a few days and finally I was 80% done last night. I woke up today and the wallet had crashed. Restarting it resulted in more crashes. I tried starting it with -rescan but it still crashed.

I deleted the whole blockchain folder except my wallet.dat and then downloaded the official blockchain with Bittorrent sync. I added that folder. The client still crashes. I tried -rescan. Same thing.

The only way I can get the client not to crash is to delete the entire blockchain. But then I’m sure it will likely crash once it gets to 80% synced again.

I’m at a total loss here.  Any advice would be awesome.

dont ask me why, but download the whitecoin wallet, open it .. close it, open mintcoin again and IT WORKS! lol..
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey all,

I posted this on the Mintcoin support forum yesterday but there doesn't seem like much traffic going on there.  I'm having some serious problems getting Mintcoin synced and would appreciate any help.

I’ve been trying to sync my wallet for the last few days. First I updated to the latest 1.17 on Windows 7. It took a few days and finally I was 80% done last night. I woke up today and the wallet had crashed. Restarting it resulted in more crashes. I tried starting it with -rescan but it still crashed.

I deleted the whole blockchain folder except my wallet.dat and then downloaded the official blockchain with Bittorrent sync. I added that folder. The client still crashes. I tried -rescan. Same thing.

The only way I can get the client not to crash is to delete the entire blockchain. But then I’m sure it will likely crash once it gets to 80% synced again.

I’m at a total loss here.  Any advice would be awesome.
Activity: 164
Merit: 37
Happened to me with other wallets. Do you have a large number of small transactions? Reduce the number of coins you try to send to a new address.
have tried 500k now trying 100k man this will take a long time to migrate

edit: 100k dont work too Sad even 50k wouldnt Sad

edit 2: removing coin control seem to work lol Thanks MarSas!
Try taking off coin control, and send a lesser amount. I think this happens if some coins are trying to mint or recently minted.
I think there is also a way to turn off minting with a wallet setting, but I dont know how to do that.

I think you have to click help, then debug to get the debug window to open.

After that you type this into the debug window and press enter.

-setgenerate false

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Hey MINTers! I really want to add mintcoin to my new PoS chain analysis site, but am out of RAM basically. For an old coin like mint that has over 1m blocks and multiple blocks a minute, I will need to deploy a new VM. Would anyone here be interested in having mint on presstab.pw. You can see an example of what it would look like at hyp.presstab.pw. It would probably be about 0.3 btc for 6 months. Thats basically my cost, I am really looking to have full coverage on the best PoS coins and would really love to have MINT.
Activity: 840
FYI, looks like the extraction rate jumped up to 15.9%. Anyone notice?

Is staking also a Poisson/probability process with flutuations which average out to a mean, like 15% interest in this case? If yes then that can explain the high staking rate.
FYI, looks like the extraction rate jumped up to 15.9%. Anyone notice?
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
Hi mates,

Comkort is closing down in a few days and i didnt want anything to go to waste so i sent 600 or so MINT coins to the bounty address on the OP:

Withdrawal amount: 696.27467921 MINT
Address: Mt6nEG8Pp7kyimcHEp3gFqdjDPQqXas5Ae
Transaction id: 597dd942b6119ed98b658d907b29fe73ec8bfcc523820857653e1ffca68a8286

Cheers.
Happened to me with other wallets. Do you have a large number of small transactions? Reduce the number of coins you try to send to a new address.
have tried 500k now trying 100k man this will take a long time to migrate

edit: 100k dont work too Sad even 50k wouldnt Sad

edit 2: removing coin control seem to work lol Thanks MarSas!
Try taking off coin control, and send a lesser amount. I think this happens if some coins are trying to mint or recently minted.
I think there is also a way to turn off minting with a wallet setting, but I dont know how to do that.
Jump to: