Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 144. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
mint has flavor and can be money maker
Activity: 169
Merit: 100

What is considered a large amount of mints?
Well, currently, about 40-million gets you in the top 100.

If Mintcoin goes to a dollar...

How did you come to the conclusion that 40 million mint gets you in the top 100? Interested.......

Have a look at this: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!rich  Wink

Thanks
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

How did you come to the conclusion that 40 million mint gets you in the top 100? Interested.......

Have a look at this: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!rich  Wink
Holy Crap Mint jumped to 136 BTC Volume and - 0.00000036 BTC
NICE!!!!!!

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
will mintcoin go to 10 satoshi or not?   Huh Undecided

Mint is obviously gaining traction from the action we are witnessing this year. I would not count on sub 10 sat prices anytime soon. Looks like its year of the Mintcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
will mintcoin go to 10 satoshi or not?   Huh Undecided
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

Activity: 425

1QJpbqzkyFNcLGsC46DjXJmY1hLgHoya5C

I believe I updated it already - please let me know if it is incorrect?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1QJpbqzkyFNcLGsC46DjXJmY1hLgHoya5C
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

Did the page 1 OP announcement page get updated yet someone was saying a donation address for the block explorr listed was incorrect.
Activity: 230
Hello!
I have a problem with the wallet's syncing with the new wallet. Can I find a blockchain to download so I can get pass 30% of the blockchain?
Thank you!

http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/
Here, go to "download wallet", and then "download bootstrap.dat"

Got it done! Thanks!
Activity: 2
Hello!
I have a problem with the wallet's syncing with the new wallet. Can I find a blockchain to download so I can get pass 30% of the blockchain?
Thank you!

http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/
Here, go to "download wallet", and then "download bootstrap.dat"
Activity: 230
Hello!
Thank you!
Activity: 2
I would agree with this, as one who opened both my Mint & Zeit wallets over 6 months later to stake (I would almost call them twins, if you look close enough at the specs). I only had a very small amount though, still remember Ray's face palm of my post & it should be a must to be able to open any one of these apps up months/years or even decades if there is desire to (otherwise why is this being created, to always trade 100% of holdings & not hand down to future generations or save up for school/car/house/etc..)? I try to look past the flaws, since I know they will be worked out in the future & just hope that future is close enough this realm of time we stand in Undecided

PoS 1 coins can be very secure , Mint just needs to follows Zeit's example.
We have the ZeitKnights, that can easily fend off any 51% attacks, it is one of the reasons they were formed. Mint just needs to form its own guardians to protect its coin, and not leave it a job open to everybody that nobody does. If they do that PoS II would be unnecessary, but if they don't, then PoS II is Mint best chance to be safe from such attacks, but at the cost of a great feature.

Cool

The thing is about this is,  relatively small ammount of people got large ammount of coins. Am i right? Also a 51% attack is less likely to happen nowadays because people who are buying large amounts are not keeping them on a exchange since all of the major exchange hacks/frauds. It`s a good thing off course. Treat an exchange as a exchange and not as a bank. Always remember that people. 

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
I would agree with this, as one who opened both my Mint & Zeit wallets over 6 months later to stake (I would almost call them twins, if you look close enough at the specs). I only had a very small amount though, still remember Ray's face palm of my post & it should be a must to be able to open any one of these apps up months/years or even decades if there is desire to (otherwise why is this being created, to always trade 100% of holdings & not hand down to future generations or save up for school/car/house/etc..)? I try to look past the flaws, since I know they will be worked out in the future & just hope that future is close enough this realm of time we stand in Undecided

We have the ZeitKnights, that can easily fend off any 51% attacks, it is one of the reasons they were formed. Mint just needs to form its own guardians to protect its coin, and not leave it a job open to everybody that nobody does. If they do that PoS II would be unnecessary, but if they don't, then PoS II is Mint best chance to be safe from such attacks, but at the cost of a great feature.

Cool

The thing is about this is,  relatively small ammount of people got large ammount of coins. Am i right? Also a 51% attack is less likely to happen nowadays because people who are buying large amounts are not keeping them on a exchange since all of the major exchange hacks/frauds. It`s a good thing off course. Treat an exchange as a exchange and not as a bank. Always remember that people. 
Activity: 141
Start MINTing on arm processors - low power cheep nodes for everyone Smiley

Startup your Raspberry-pi's and CuBox-i's

A bit of a hack needed but it works

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11#issuecomment-101760242

Update on Mintcoin on ARM architecture:

3 weeks to download the block chain - stable wallet and no issues
Transferred all my mint so I have another 20 days wait to start low power minting.  Cool

Glad to see the price improve  Wink

I will be securing the network 24/7 soon. Just waiting the 20 days.

Keep it simple - if its not broke don't fix it!  Cool

Buy a rpi or Cubox and run it 24/7 - 3 amp per day is very cheep to run
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Cool
Jump to: