Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 190. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
I don't think you will ever mint anything unless you update your wallet.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Close your client/wallet down.
Go to the mintcoin folder where the blockchain and wallet files are.
This is usually located in C drive>users>username>appdata>roaming>Mintcoin
Copy that entire mintcoin folder and save it in a safe location (this is your backup). Now go back to the mintcoin folder and delete it. Once you have deleted it, run the new 1.14 client. It will create a new mintcoin folder and install the blockchain from scratch. It will also create a new wallet.dat file with zero coins. Don't worry about that. Just wait for the wallet to sync. All you have to do is turn your client off again and replace the wallet.dat file in the new mintcoin folder with the wallet.dat file from your backup. Then restart the client/wallet again and once it is done syncing you will have your coins.

I just updated the client and it synced. Did not redownload the blockchain and it works.
It is minting?
Activity: 574
Copy that entire mintcoin folder and save it in a safe location (this is your backup). Now go back to the mintcoin folder and delete it. Once you have deleted it, run the new 1.14 client. It will create a new mintcoin folder and install the blockchain from scratch. It will also create a new wallet.dat file with zero coins. Don't worry about that. Just wait for the wallet to sync. All you have to do is turn your client off again and replace the wallet.dat file in the new mintcoin folder with the wallet.dat file from your backup. Then restart the client/wallet again and once it is done syncing you will have your coins.

I just updated the client and it synced. Did not redownload the blockchain and it works.
I think technically its not a fork. Since there is still only 1 chain... Right?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
if the new wallets are only needed for minting, is it safe to send coins to my new wallet from the exchanges?
Basically, if you want to mint new coins, and help secure the network, you need to upgrade your wallet. Old wallets will not mint anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
I would say it's a fork, sorry. Smiley

BestChain needs to be on the new wallet...

Greets,
Ray

Edit: The "+1 Idea" was perfekt to solve the problem.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi Robo,

But old chain can be used, am I right?
I did some test for ZEIT - no problems so far. Looks like a seamless switching.

Cheers,
Ray

There was no fork.  The chain just stopped until the 1.14 wallet was released, then it continued.  Old wallets will not be able to mint new coins, but should function fine otherwise.

Ideally everyone would upgrade to the latest wallet. I know some exchanges have been waiting because a couple wallets back the new wallet required the blockchain to re-download.
I downloaded the new client but did not redownload the blockchain. The wallet is minting, block 1051812.

How to check if it is on the right chain?
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Hi Robo,

But old chain can be used, am I right?
I did some test for ZEIT - no problems so far. Looks like a seamless switching.

Cheers,
Ray
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi, I'm on Wallet 1.9.1.  I opened it up to backup, and now it says I'm up to date and on block 1051878.  Am I ok to just leave it alone?

Not if you want to mint coins.  Old wallets will work for sending and receiving transactions but if you want to mint coins and support the network you need to update to the 1.14 wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
new wallet started up and began syncing right away, boot strap file on the dropbox says it's empty Sad but it's on google docs Smiley

great job roboguy and everyone Cheesy
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Hi, I'm on Wallet 1.9.1.  I opened it up to backup, and now it says I'm up to date and on block 1051878.  Am I ok to just leave it alone?
Activity: 574
I downloaded the new client but did not redownload the blockchain. The wallet is minting, block 1051812.

How to check if it is on the right chain?
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
What are the simplest instructions for someone with windows what to do? Please be detailed and clear. Thank you. What to do if not doing the bootstrap?
Activity: 722
StakeChain Community leader
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

Yes. It's the right wallet - it says 1.4, but it's the correct one.
Jump to: