Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 188. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Its stuck very often and only a relaunch makes it proceed further, 12 connections it says.

the new wallet (1.14) hasn't got stuck for me once yet Cheesy mine says 12 connections as well
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Its stuck very often and only a relaunch makes it proceed further, 12 connections it says.

That launched very fast, thanks.
The Finder version string for the app info is missing, so you never get to know which version you have, in case it doesn't launch anymore.

Most coin wallets won't display a finder version.

But you can get info at...

mintcoin-qt/Help/Debug window/Information/MintCoin Core/Client version ...(should be listed)...

Because the string is missing.
If it won't launch anymore you never get to know on which version you were.
Why not fix it, takes less than a minute?

Is there a torrent, or a direct link to download the blockchain?
Its running for more than a day now and got barely 5% done.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010

The Finder version string for the app info is missing, so you never get to know which version you have, in case it doesn't launch anymore.

Most coin wallets won't display a finder version.

But you can get info at...

mintcoin-qt/Help/Debug window/Information/MintCoin Core/Client version ...(should be listed)...

Great, you got a Mac wallet?
It launched after an hour or so, its 1.10.0.0
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
If you are on Google+ Reddit or Facebook we have a new contest out and would love for you to join us:

New Years Countdown: Scoping Mintcoin's History Mintcoin Giveaway!

So much happened in 2014 including the birth and history within the Mintcoin community.
The development community would like to invite each and every one of you participate in scoping the official Mintcoin History section of the Mintcoin website:
http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-history/

As a community we believe that transparency combined with continual improvement is the key to our long-term establishment within the crypto currency realm.

How it works:
We invite each and every one of you to post an event within our history which you feel should be included. Make sure to leave your Mintcoin addy for some minty treats.
If would like to upvote a subject - leave a comment under the event with your mintcoin addy.
On January 1st 2014 our team will tip everyone who commented with something valuable generously until our stash runs dry.
Stay Fresh & Keep on Minting!

https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/2qj969/new_years_countdown_scoping_mintcoins_history/
https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/116843574211918716580/communities/104554445993706599239
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
legendary
Kaspa
Merry Xmas Mintcoin community Smiley 2015 is on it's way... time for mint to start climbing back up the ranks Wink
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Fair well David Latapie..
I am sad to say that David Latapie will no longer be supporting Mintcoin Fund
During the last Community hangout David Latipie announced that he does not wish to be apart of the Mintcoin Fund any longer.

WTF???
MINTCOIN DOWN and BIG TEAM MEMBER DESERTS SHIP.

U want us to wait and send you donations while big team member cashes out.
Will sell while stil can.

If that's true it's unfortunate, however I have to say I never thought much of the 'Mintcoin Fund' as it was pitched. It always seemed like a bit of a gimmick, i.e. the 'first NGO for a crypto!' seemed like it was just a line tossed out there without a much of a plan. Make the coin a success first and then worry about giving something back. The fundamentals of mintcoin are what matters, and any altcoin that has purported to have some charitable or benevolent aim has fell flat on it's face anyway.
Activity: 442
Fair well David Latapie..
I am sad to say that David Latapie will no longer be supporting Mintcoin Fund
During the last Community hangout David Latipie announced that he does not wish to be apart of the Mintcoin Fund any longer.

WTF???
MINTCOIN DOWN and BIG TEAM MEMBER DESERTS SHIP.

U want us to wait and send you donations while big team member cashes out.
Will sell while stil can.

Activity: 325
legendary
Kaspa
i was only about 20 days behind when I started the new update using the bootstrap and for sure it took way too long (approx 20+ hrs)

too bad theres not a way to do it were the wallet only needs to download the last 100k blocks to sync or something to zip it along... must be annoying for the android wallet
Activity: 574
There is another way, kiklo uploaded the blockchain files some time age. Then it took my wallet 15 minutes to get full sync.

It was not necessary to download the blockchain from scratch for 1.14.0.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Syncing the blockchain in wallet 1.14 took over 3.5 days.
I fear not many (new) users are willing to invest so much time in getting a wallet to work...

I can confirm that. In my case processing the bootstrap took 74 hours.
Activity: 886
Merit: 504
Syncing the blockchain in wallet 1.14 took over 3.5 days.
I fear not many (new) users are willing to invest so much time in getting a wallet to work...
legendary
Kaspa
Polo has been frozen since last night, I think their just upgrading to the new wallets

are there any multipools that payout in mint?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Activity: 425
Absolutely - I need to completely restructure dropbox files - its on my todo list Smiley (hopefully tomorrow am)

New wallet released - now back to the website overhaul. What would you like to see in the redesign?

We are looking to clean up the Mintcoin website - Please let us know if you have any suggestions on the redesign, structure or contents?

Also Keep a look out for our podcast coming out later today for information on the wallet upgrade as well as our teams progression.

Can you please change the file description of the wallet download to 1.14.0 on the website? New people will ever be confused when they go to download the wallet from Dropbox for example and it shows version 1.12.0 at the top above and version 1.4.0 below it they are going to think 1.12 is the latest version and be like wtf once they don't mint anything.
Jump to: