Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 192. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader
Activity: 770
Same I have trying to sync for days  Roll Eyes
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
I installed v1.11 wallet 3 days ago on 2 computers and on both it decided to resync from block 1.   Right now it is @ block 867667 and saying last block was 60 days ago. Yet it is showing as confirmed all transactions thru Dec 18.

I've never had a wallet take this long to sync.

Update: now says total blocks are 935993 and i am at 87136  and 59 days since last block.  Sync speed has now sped up
Activity: 169
What version is the new wallet?
Please let us know when new wallet is tested, working and download is on page 1 here and on mintcoin site.

Thank you for your efforts
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
I just checked on my wallet and it says:

Up to date.
Downloaded 1051200 blocks of transaction history.
Last received block was generated 6 minutes ago.

Obviously 6 minutes ago and only making 1 block of progress is not up to date. Do we need to download a new wallet now? Is there a link?

EDIT: I have to go to sleep now, I'll be back later when we know more... Blessings on the fix! Welcome to 15%~!
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
What is the link for the Windows wallet?

Do you have access to Trello?  The wallet is under Desktop Wallet - Wallet Upgrade.  I do not have access to put it up on the google drive.
[/quote]

On Trello , still can't find wallet.

Is a Link not possible or more detail instruct .
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Ok, I am building the release wallet now.  I will place it on Trello when I am done.  I decided not to change the blocks per year number in the code for now.  Ee could put this to a vote on Reddit for the next wallet.  I just want to get things moving for now.

Windows build is now on Trello.

So does that mean we will be minting at 15% now?

Yes, 15% for now.  If a majority wants this put back to 20% we can make that change.
Ok, I am building the release wallet now.  I will place it on Trello when I am done.  I decided not to change the blocks per year number in the code for now.  Ee could put this to a vote on Reddit for the next wallet.  I just want to get things moving for now.

So does that mean we will be minting at 15% now?

Windows build in now on Trello.

Do you have access to Trello?  The wallet is under Desktop Wallet - Wallet Upgrade.  I do not have access to put it up on the google drive.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Roboguy good work once again, it is much appreciated.
Activity: 241

Windows build in now on Trello.

Activity: 17
Does this mean we will be stuck at the 20% rate then?
What is the ETA on releasing a fix for this and getting up and running?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Glad to see the Mint team hard at work, I'll be waiting patiently for the update... to put the mill mint I just bought away to mint Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Steps needed to restart Mintcoin Network

Step 1:  Updated Wallet Software

Step 2: Installed updated wallet on someone that was about to mint and PC was in sync up to the time of the freeze , (Like coolbeans94) , Let his Wallet extend his Blockchain, then bring a few more updated wallets online that use his node to restart & sync the blockchain, let them run for a few hours.

Step 3: Distribute the updated Wallet to everyone, and they should automatically fall in line with the longest blockchain. Or make a download of the blockchain that matches and let them download it.

Step 4: Test sending some mintcoins to each other to verify operation.

Step 4½: Get the Block Explorers up and synced.

Step 5: Inform and update the Exchanges & Faucets .

Step 6: Only for People that tried to send out mintcoins while the network was down:
           Run a repair wallet if your mintcoins amount is off, if that does not fix it ,
           then you will have to run a salvage wallet to see if that returns your mintcoins.

Step 7 : Finished

Cool
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
From RoboGuy:
So have a decision to make:
Do we adjust this block transition height to be closer to April of next year? Do we go ahead and transition to 15% stake?
I am also unsure the best way to resume the chain. There are a few checks for the blocks being recent. If you hear from Ray or someone else on how to resume a chain that would help.

I personally believe we should keep the 15% PoS as originally programmed - what are everyone elses thoughts?

You guys need to focus on what is important.
Most important getting your network running.
Interest rate does not matter if you can't send mintcoins.
Wheter or not the rate changes a few months early , is unimportant.

Whoever is leading mintcoin should go ahead and inform Roboguy of what they need done,
so he can get an updated wallet out, with any luck after you update your wallets your network should start back up automatically, if not then he might have to set up a central node that everyone connects to, to restartup the block chain , but hopefully not needed. That will take much more time if required.

Your technical problem is becoming a major PR problem.
Don't delay the programmer , when he is your best shot at repairing your tech & image problems.

Cool
+1000!
Yes the sooner we are up and running the better. Just fix it so its running again. If its to hard to fix other stuff immediately we can always do that later.

Yes. 100% agree with this. Get it running, and then figure out the details that need to be implemented for future trouble-free operation.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
From RoboGuy:
Do we adjust this block transition height to be closer to April of next year? Do we go ahead and transition to 15% stake?
I am also unsure the best way to resume the chain. There are a few checks for the blocks being recent. If you hear from Ray or someone else on how to resume a chain that would help.

I personally believe we should keep the 15% PoS as originally programmed - what are everyone elses thoughts?

Whoever is leading mintcoin should go ahead and inform Roboguy of what they need done,
so he can get an updated wallet out, with any luck after you update your wallets your network should start back up automatically, if not then he might have to set up a central node that everyone connects to, to restartup the block chain , but hopefully not needed. That will take much more time if required.

Don't delay the programmer , when he is your best shot at repairing your tech & image problems.

Cool
+1000!
Yes the sooner we are up and running the better. Just fix it so its running again. If its to hard to fix other stuff immediately we can always do that later.
legendary
Activity: 1092
From RoboGuy:

Cool
Jump to: