Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 330. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hi, potentially ignorant question but now that Mintcoin is 100% PoS is the transaction time still 2 minutes?

I see that the mining block time was 30 seconds with 4 required confirmations.

Does this change due to PoS or not? I see you get PoS payment every 20 days.
No - it does not change. Mintcoin had a very good initial distribution; Mintcoin is distributed well enough for there always to be PoS blocks on the blockchain every 30 seconds or so.

Unless it tells you expected reward is in 118 days lol.... i see the end of mintcoin for me
It gives me 20 seconds Smiley Still it does not generate that much, as I have lots of small transactions, I think it calculates on totals.

Don't forget that this is only an estimate, generating a POS block is pure luck much like POW systems. Just that your luck is affected by amount of coins you hold instead of your electricity bill

How many MINT do you have??? I have 250k and I get a block every 30 minutes.
11 M on wallet, some more on mintpal Smiley

I get a few blocks every 30 minutes though, 22 second doesn't happen Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hi, potentially ignorant question but now that Mintcoin is 100% PoS is the transaction time still 2 minutes?

No - it does not change. Mintcoin had a very good initial distribution; Mintcoin is distributed well enough for there always to be PoS blocks on the blockchain every 30 seconds or so.

Unless it tells you expected reward is in 118 days lol.... i see the end of mintcoin for me
It gives me 20 seconds Smiley Still it does not generate that much, as I have lots of small transactions, I think it calculates on totals.

Don't forget that this is only an estimate, generating a POS block is pure luck much like POW systems. Just that your luck is affected by amount of coins you hold instead of your electricity bill

How many MINT do you have??? I have 250k and I get a block every 30 minutes.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

Activity: 70
Lots of new mintcoin wallets in blockchain, looks like the investors are back!   Cool
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
My mintcoins has not started POS'ing. It has been almost 4 weeks.

Which wallet version are you on?
When you open and unlock your wallet to allow for minting, how long are you leaving it open for?

Version 1.7

I do not have any password on my wallet, the "unlock" button is greyed out.

I open it every couple days for a few hours.

1st - you must update wallet to 1.9.1
2nd - you should put a password! Smiley
3rd - just live wallet open for an hour and minted coins will come to you Smiley

I just put a password on Smiley.

I found 2 blocks right before I put the password on, one was orphaned.

I thought I could leave the wallet closed and they would still mint?

Your coins will gather coinage on the block chain whether or not your wallet is online. But in order to search for a PoS block with your accumulated coin-days you have to connect to the network.

Also, just in case you were concerned, orphaned blocks do not spend your coin-days so you don't lose anything to them.

I was not too concerned about the orphaned block, 525 Mintcoin is not much Smiley.

So basically my wallet will "catch up" on those coin days?

My understanding is that since the coin-days are not lost on the orphan block, they just get put towards finding another block (along with additional age that accumulated on the coins while they were working on the orphan block).
Activity: 70
the price is not lower and is not higher, I have hold the coins from its lanched...

go on holding the coins..

Grin
Activity: 325

When you open and unlock your wallet to allow for minting, how long are you leaving it open for?

Version 1.7

3rd - just live wallet open for an hour and minted coins will come to you Smiley

Your coins will gather coinage on the block chain whether or not your wallet is online. But in order to search for a PoS block with your accumulated coin-days you have to connect to the network.

Also, just in case you were concerned, orphaned blocks do not spend your coin-days so you don't lose anything to them.

I was not too concerned about the orphaned block, 525 Mintcoin is not much Smiley.

So basically my wallet will "catch up" on those coin days?

Version 1.7

Running 1.9.1, it says my weight is 667k, and then it says the network weight. It also says my time to earn reward is one hour. How have I not gotten coins for this past week?

Version 1.7

Version 1.7

You don't need to upgrade the wallet but as somebody already said if you upgrade to v1.9 it will tell you when to expect minted coins. The issue may be that you are not leaving it open long enough, depending on how many coins you have to stake it takes a variable amount of time to find a block. I would recommend encrypting your wallet, too, just to be careful!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

Version 1.7

Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Someone doesn't want MINT to go any higher.....

Think those numbers are a coincidence?

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Try updating to 1.9.1, then the wallet tells you when you should mint some new coins.

Version 1.7

Jump to: