Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 329. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

Remember, the network is secured by the minting process. Mint is nice, because you don't always have to open your wallet, but when you do you have to do your fair share to secure the network. Hope this helps you understand.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Is mintcoin able to be mined via POW at all any more?

If memory serves, I believe they removed the POW functionality entirely after someone tried to exploit the chain due to the low diff that the POW had (because no one was mining for 1 coin block rewards lol.)

Okay. I pointed my rig to solo mining, and I found a bunch of blocks, but they always said "attemting to reconnect, share stale" or something like that
Activity: 182

If memory serves, I believe they removed the POW functionality entirely after someone tried to exploit the chain due to the low diff that the POW had (because no one was mining for 1 coin block rewards lol.)
Activity: 325
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Minting estimates are calculated from your stake size, your stake coins age vs network stake size and network coins age. Its as good as it gets as estimation, but it will never be completely accurate.
Take it as an indicator which tells you if you are about to get interest payment soon.

My experience with minting icon is rather accurate. It told me that im about to get MINT in 3 days and it happened in about 3 days. So im happy with it.
Activity: 185
that's huge! Just checked mine, it's 693M

I suggest you backup your wallet.dat, remove everything, and then redownload blockchain. I don't think it'll work if you just delete random files.

I'll be happy to know what files there are and their sizes, it shouldn't ever reach 18G, maybe we can identify its reason
The tail end of my debug.log looks like this:
Code:
InvalidChainFound: invalid block=414a52d34567fb31bd46  height=236098  trust=334503510004688  date=04/10/14 21:31:08
InvalidChainFound:  current best=8b4588eebf43692e4818  height=304122  trust=312398834893033  date=04/30/14 14:01:53
ERROR: SetBestChain() : Reorganize failed
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : AddToBlockIndex failed
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
received block eccf826887c103dc7df9
Postponing 10419 reconnects
REORGANIZE
*****REORGANIZE: Disconnect 84120 blocks; 76f0e51e12fa1dedecef..8b4588eebf43692e4818
REORGANIZE: Connect 5678 blocks; 76f0e51e12fa1dedecef..65d8640176c39de6053c*****
I think you are using 1.6 or 1.7. Probably it is 1.6, or 1.7 with a messed up database.

Disconnecting 84k blocks doesn't seem logical to me, I think you're either using 1.6 or 1.7 and your wallet switches back and forth on POW+POS blockchain (1.6-) and the POS-only blockchain (1.7+)

I suggest you to update to latest version, latest versions contain latest blockchain checkpoints so your client won't try to reorganize that deep. I also suggest backup your wallet.dat, delete everything, and sync from scratch just in case, and a "checkwallet" to be sure everything's ok.

A lot of people are asking about the staking process. The "estimate" you are seeing displayed from the wallet should be taken about as seriously as Nostradamus' predictions. If you have a very small number of coins it is possible you will never stake or that it will take an extremely long time (weeks or months) for you to stake. If you want to stake faster, use coin control to combine your coins so they aren't spread out into many chunks attempting to all stake separately. Large chunks = more weight = faster staking.
How is the shown weight calculated? I know only a single transaction can become coinstake, and wallet searches through all eligible transactions while minting. If I have multiple eligible transactions, which weight does it show, total weight?

I believe it should show the weight for whichever chunk of coins in your wallet has the greatest likelihood of staking first.

My weight = 11 604 167
Network weight = 52 973 580
Expected time to earn reward = 2 minutes

Wallet open 24/7
Didn't stake in 2 days
It says 2 minutes all the time..

Yeah, I just found that the estimate stinks
Activity: 210
A lot of people are asking about the staking process. The "estimate" you are seeing displayed from the wallet should be taken about as seriously as Nostradamus' predictions. If you have a very small number of coins it is possible you will never stake or that it will take an extremely long time (weeks or months) for you to stake. If you want to stake faster, use coin control to combine your coins so they aren't spread out into many chunks attempting to all stake separately. Large chunks = more weight = faster staking.
How is the shown weight calculated? I know only a single transaction can become coinstake, and wallet searches through all eligible transactions while minting. If I have multiple eligible transactions, which weight does it show, total weight?

I believe it should show the weight for whichever chunk of coins in your wallet has the greatest likelihood of staking first.

My weight = 11 604 167
Network weight = 52 973 580
Expected time to earn reward = 2 minutes

Wallet open 24/7
Didn't stake in 2 days
It says 2 minutes all the time..
When did you buy those?
Mined them during POW. Sold some, held most of them, rebought some.

Man, I had rigs, but I decided to mine something else Sad. Coulda made a bunch of Mintcoins Sad
I just got a low disk warning on my conputer and found that the 'database' folder in my '.mintcoin' folder has grown to over 18GB in size!
Is this normal or is it safe for me to delete some of this? Thanks Smiley

As the other poster said, my entire mintcoin folder is usually about 600-700mb in size. Something is very wrong with yours I believe.

However, do you know that you can tell your wallet to store the blockchain on a different hard drive? This helps with managing space if your main drive is getting full. You basically create a shortcut to the wallet's exe, and in the properties of the shortcut where it shows the file it is pointing to, add
-datadir="F:\storage\mintcoin chain"
at the end, leaving a space before the -datadir part

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

I suggest you backup your wallet.dat, remove everything, and then redownload blockchain. I don't think it'll work if you just delete random files.

I'll be happy to know what files there are and their sizes, it shouldn't ever reach 18G, maybe we can identify its reason
The tail end of my debug.log looks like this:
Code:
InvalidChainFound: invalid block=414a52d34567fb31bd46  height=236098  trust=334503510004688  date=04/10/14 21:31:08
InvalidChainFound:  current best=8b4588eebf43692e4818  height=304122  trust=312398834893033  date=04/30/14 14:01:53
ERROR: SetBestChain() : Reorganize failed
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : AddToBlockIndex failed
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
received block eccf826887c103dc7df9
Postponing 10419 reconnects
REORGANIZE
REORGANIZE: Disconnect 84120 blocks; 76f0e51e12fa1dedecef..8b4588eebf43692e4818
REORGANIZE: Connect 5678 blocks; 76f0e51e12fa1dedecef..65d8640176c39de6053c
The contents of my database folder is listed as:
Code:
1,808 items, totalling 19.0 GB
It's rising fast :/
My db.log is no better:
Code:
Lock table is out of available lock entries
pthread readlock failed: Resource deadlock avoided
PANIC: Resource deadlock avoided
PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
Lock table is out of available lock entries

UPDATE:
I stopped the mintcoind server and the database folder emptied itself. bizzare.
I just got a low disk warning on my conputer and found that the 'database' folder in my '.mintcoin' folder has grown to over 18GB in size!

When did you buy those?
Mined them during POW. Sold some, held most of them, rebought some.
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
Hi, potentially ignorant question but now that Mintcoin is 100% PoS is the transaction time still 2 minutes?

I see that the mining block time was 30 seconds with 4 required confirmations.

Does this change due to PoS or not? I see you get PoS payment every 20 days.
No - it does not change. Mintcoin had a very good initial distribution; Mintcoin is distributed well enough for there always to be PoS blocks on the blockchain every 30 seconds or so.

Unless it tells you expected reward is in 118 days lol.... i see the end of mintcoin for me
It gives me 20 seconds Smiley Still it does not generate that much, as I have lots of small transactions, I think it calculates on totals.

Don't forget that this is only an estimate, generating a POS block is pure luck much like POW systems. Just that your luck is affected by amount of coins you hold instead of your electricity bill

How many MINT do you have??? I have 250k and I get a block every 30 minutes.
11 M on wallet, some more on mintpal Smiley

I get a few blocks every 30 minutes though, 22 second doesn't happen Smiley

When did you buy those?
Jump to: