Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 328. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
About 4 hours and 20 minutes left to vote for Mintcoin at https://mywl.lt/voting/

Anyone have any BTC to throw at this to make Mintcoin #1? Maybe we could buy the votes at the last second and get added!  Cheesy
I think it is a scam. I could have sworn that I saw them remove some Mintcoin votes.  Huh

The owner just PM'ed me to tell someone was cheating with the vote with proxies.
Whoever you are, please stop, or Mint will be removed from the list.
I guess we will be added eventually, so no need to cheat!

Activity: 364
need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

Remember, the network is secured by the minting process. Mint is nice, because you don't always have to open your wallet, but when you do you have to do your fair share to secure the network. Hope this helps you understand.

I think part of the problem is that a ton of people on here seem to think they can just open the wallet once their coins are 20 days old, mint a reward, then close the wallet and open it again in 20 days. I call this "guerilla staking." Folks, that's just not how proof-of-stake (or minting, if you prefer) works. You need to keep the damn wallet open all the time to get the maximum stake reward over time.

People are a bunch of greedy assholes and don't give two shits about securing the network or benefiting others they just want to get their coins make a profit and every else can suck an egg. That mentality isn't going to fly when you're dealing with a coin that relies 100% on people minting in order to secure the network, process transactions, etc.

In short: LEAVE THE WALLET OPEN ALL THE TIME.

We really should have an explanation graphic about this.  The whole point of POS coins is to have the wallets open all the time.  

Also, stop by the thunderclap for the Mintcoin reforestation project: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

But wait, MINT is environment friendly. We need to turn off our computers  Wink
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
About 4 hours and 20 minutes left to vote for Mintcoin at https://mywl.lt/voting/

Anyone have any BTC to throw at this to make Mintcoin #1? Maybe we could buy the votes at the last second and get added!  Cheesy
I think it is a scam. I could have sworn that I saw them remove some Mintcoin votes.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
1 MILLION MINTCOIN GIVEAWAY! by TheLogicaldan

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/24ea6p/1_million_mintcoin_giveaway/

lets spread the word around..

qwizzie
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

Anyone have any BTC to throw at this to make Mintcoin #1? Maybe we could buy the votes at the last second and get added!  Cheesy
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Is mintcoin able to be mined via POW at all any more?

Not directly, but you can still mine Mintcoin indirectly using the multipool https://hashco.ws/

Just set it to payout in Mintcoins if you have a decent mining rig, you can make many thousands of coins per day!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

Remember, the network is secured by the minting process. Mint is nice, because you don't always have to open your wallet, but when you do you have to do your fair share to secure the network. Hope this helps you understand.

I think part of the problem is that a ton of people on here seem to think they can just open the wallet once their coins are 20 days old, mint a reward, then close the wallet and open it again in 20 days. I call this "guerilla staking." Folks, that's just not how proof-of-stake (or minting, if you prefer) works. You need to keep the damn wallet open all the time to get the maximum stake reward over time.

People are a bunch of greedy assholes and don't give two shits about securing the network or benefiting others they just want to get their coins make a profit and every else can suck an egg. That mentality isn't going to fly when you're dealing with a coin that relies 100% on people minting in order to secure the network, process transactions, etc.

We really should have an explanation graphic about this.  The whole point of POS coins is to have the wallets open all the time.  

Also, stop by the thunderclap for the Mintcoin reforestation project: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Please keep the price this low for the next few weeks so I can buy some mint for cheap  Grin

Haha.. Maybe you will be lucky but this is hard to say. Markets are hard to predict as you know Wink

Please keep the price this low for the next few weeks so I can buy some mint for cheap  Grin
Looks like they just fixed the issue at blkroad, my balance is now displayed correctly Smiley
Activity: 574
My deposit is still not showing up on blkroad.com, and I haven't heard back from them yet. Somebody reported the same problem when depositing BC on the BC thread. DONT make deposits to blkroad.com until they get this sorted out.

Thank you for your info.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
BTW what is the progress of the minting Android wallet? It's been a while since there has been an update.

Just so you know, my pledge in return for the minting and battery features still stands. But I'm not giving the reward until the app is on my phone and I can test it.

I've PM'd paspi asking for an update and either he or I will inform everyone as to how it's coming along.
BTW what is the progress of the minting Android wallet? It's been a while since there has been an update.

Just so you know, my pledge in return for the minting and battery features still stands. But I'm not giving the reward until the app is on my phone and I can test it.
You don't have to leave it open all of the time, but leaving it open at least a couple of hours a day to help secure the network should ensure maximum return.
My deposit is still not showing up on blkroad.com, and I haven't heard back from them yet. Somebody reported the same problem when depositing BC on the BC thread. DONT make deposits to blkroad.com until they get this sorted out.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

I have a feeling MINT will start to go up. we  chouls be at least 20 right now
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

The estimate is based on how long you'll have to leave the wallet open. This is how it gains weight. So, if you have a 22 hr estimate, then close your wallet, you're going to be looking at another 22 hrs when you open it again. Sorry   Embarrassed

Ok got it thanks for the help =)

Actually, when you reopen it the estimate will change, because your weight went up while the wallet was closed.
Jump to: