Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 366. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Coinkite is the first in a line of competitive companies trying to do the same thing. 25 BTC is a lot to ask to be considered, and I don't like "gambling" my Mint to see if we can reach their arbitrary goal in 11 days.

That being said, it's the only kid on the block right now, and early adoption could mean long-term establishment for Mintcoin. So I sent a measly 25000 Mint in the hope that the community can convince the Coinkite folks this is worth adding simply by showing support in large numbers, rather than large BTC amounts. Hopefully, bribes aren't the only language that talks.

Maybe the MINT whales will see this as a money making opportunity and pad the wallet address.

Even if we don't get on Coinkite now, there will be a competitor in the future we may have a better shot at due to android apps and such.

I didn't even know this existed until just a moment ago. If we donate 25 BTC worth will they add us?

I have just sent the following email to CoinKite in hopes that I can convince them to extend the deadline for this. I TRULY believe this is something that HAS to happen to Mintcoin. A while back I asked Zinc Save to include us in their payment system and they required a $12,000.00 USD commitment from us to do the same thing. We all know that it cost money to have programmers write the code needed for such things, and this is a VERY BIG THING if we can pull it off.

Here's the email I sent:

Hello,

My name is Ken Clark (Beaverslayer on the net) and I live in Calgary. I am one of the people working with the developer of Mintcoin to promote and gain its acceptance in the altcoin community. We have spent a lot of time and effort getting Mint to where it is right now, and will be continually striving to have Mint more widely accepted throughout the world.

Mintcoin is presently applying to have "The Mintcoin Fund" registered as an NGO in the country of France. Once the application is accepted and status granted, The Mintcoin Fund will then begin to implement it's support of energy efficiency and other projects such as the reforestation of Sonoma California Redwoods. We are hoping to be able to announce all this on Earth Day...fingers are crossed all the paper work was in order.

Anyways, I have recently been made aware about the competition so to speak of having altcoins included into your platform via having the community donate their coins to your company. I see that Blackcoin actually won this competition on April 9th. On the web page, it says that should any of the other coins raise the 25BTC by May 1st, that you would then consider implementing them as well.

Well, here's my request, and I truly hope that your company accepts. I have been spreading the word about this since I first saw it this morning. Everyone else in Mintcoin has just found out about this as well. So far just this morning there has been over 1.6 Million Mint already sent to the address listed, and I am going to continue to convince people to send some coins your way.

I would respectfully ask, that your company consider extending the deadline if at all possible. This would make it a much more feasible time frame for us to raise the needed Mint to have our coin included as well. I know that should Mintcoin be implemented into the CoinKite system, it would not only increase the value of Mintcoin, but would also be an added value to CoinKite.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this, if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Ken Clark
The Mintcoin Team

Either way, I think everyone should at least send some Mint to the address to show how much we support OUR coin.
It would only be fair to extend the deadline considering Mint was only added to the list today whereas these other coins have been on there for much, much longer.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Coinkite is the first in a line of competitive companies trying to do the same thing. 25 BTC is a lot to ask to be considered, and I don't like "gambling" my Mint to see if we can reach their arbitrary goal in 11 days.

That being said, it's the only kid on the block right now, and early adoption could mean long-term establishment for Mintcoin. So I sent a measly 25000 Mint in the hope that the community can convince the Coinkite folks this is worth adding simply by showing support in large numbers, rather than large BTC amounts. Hopefully, bribes aren't the only language that talks.

Maybe the MINT whales will see this as a money making opportunity and pad the wallet address.

Even if we don't get on Coinkite now, there will be a competitor in the future we may have a better shot at due to android apps and such.

I didn't even know this existed until just a moment ago. If we donate 25 BTC worth will they add us?

I have just sent the following email to CoinKite in hopes that I can convince them to extend the deadline for this. I TRULY believe this is something that HAS to happen to Mintcoin. A while back I asked Zinc Save to include us in their payment system and they required a $12,000.00 USD commitment from us to do the same thing. We all know that it cost money to have programmers write the code needed for such things, and this is a VERY BIG THING if we can pull it off.

Here's the email I sent:

Hello,

My name is Ken Clark (Beaverslayer on the net) and I live in Calgary. I am one of the people working with the developer of Mintcoin to promote and gain its acceptance in the altcoin community. We have spent a lot of time and effort getting Mint to where it is right now, and will be continually striving to have Mint more widely accepted throughout the world.

Mintcoin is presently applying to have "The Mintcoin Fund" registered as an NGO in the country of France. Once the application is accepted and status granted, The Mintcoin Fund will then begin to implement it's support of energy efficiency and other projects such as the reforestation of Sonoma California Redwoods. We are hoping to be able to announce all this on Earth Day...fingers are crossed all the paper work was in order.

Anyways, I have recently been made aware about the competition so to speak of having altcoins included into your platform via having the community donate their coins to your company. I see that Blackcoin actually won this competition on April 9th. On the web page, it says that should any of the other coins raise the 25BTC by May 1st, that you would then consider implementing them as well.

Well, here's my request, and I truly hope that your company accepts. I have been spreading the word about this since I first saw it this morning. Everyone else in Mintcoin has just found out about this as well. So far just this morning there has been over 1.6 Million Mint already sent to the address listed, and I am going to continue to convince people to send some coins your way.

I would respectfully ask, that your company consider extending the deadline if at all possible. This would make it a much more feasible time frame for us to raise the needed Mint to have our coin included as well. I know that should Mintcoin be implemented into the CoinKite system, it would not only increase the value of Mintcoin, but would also be an added value to CoinKite.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this, if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Ken Clark
The Mintcoin Team

Either way, I think everyone should at least send some Mint to the address to show how much we support OUR coin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Big sell walls have suddenly popped up on mintpal. Where did these come from?

Looks like it got eaten up!
mr_random is lying troll. just ignore.

haha ya thanks I remember them
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

mr_random is lying troll. just ignore.
Activity: 56

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Everyone holding mint should contribute by supporting this matter. Even a very small amount could make a difference if many people contribute! We can do it!  Wink

BC "won", how do we contribute? Pay MINTto the specified adr.? how much?

BC won the original one, but if we can raise the amount by May 1st, there is a very very good chance they will also include us.

Yes, send any amount of Mint you can afford to the address listed beside Mintcoin....every bit helps...
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Everyone holding mint should contribute by supporting this matter. Even a very small amount could make a difference if many people contribute! We can do it!  Wink

BC won the original one, but if we can raise the amount by May 1st, there is a very very good chance they will also include us.

Yes, send any amount of Mint you can afford to the address listed beside Mintcoin....every bit helps...
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

Activity: 42
i sended 100K mint to coinkite.
Activity: 156
Guido
in prelude the people pay 20s+ for buy mints Smiley

Have to keep bumping this, as I see it as a truly important cause to further the advancement of Mintcoin....Please send a few Mints to get us on CoinKite.

Not wanting to poke people in the eye or anything, but Blackcoin did this in one day...we have twelve days left, lets do this.
Activity: 288
still no minting after more than 1 month
i have followed the instructions of how to mint, but nothing
i have the latest wallet

How many coins do you have in your wallet?
How long do you leave the wallet open each day?

from the site:
'PoS will be generated after at least 20 days holding of the coins in your wallet. You don’t need to keep the wallet open all the time. The coin-days accumulated in your wallet will not be lost. The next time when you open the wallet client, the internal miner will start automatically and if the coin holding period meet certain requirements the pos blocks will be generated based on the coin-days in your wallet.'

there is no mention of minimum coins to have therefore it does not matter how many coins anybody has in their wallet they still get 20% minting.
so your questions are meaningless

Minting is a "Process" basically the same as "Mining" with computer hardware such as a mining rig. They way Minting works, is it takes into account the amount of coins in your wallet, in conjunction with the age of those coins and uses them to "Mine" blocks of coins.

Imagine you have a mining rig that produces a large number of MH/s and you point it at a particular coin. The more MH/s you have, the easier it is going to be to find a block of coins. Now, imagine you try mining with just your CPU, you're only going to be mining with a very small amount of kh/s and it will be much harder and longer to find a block of coins.

So, thus the question about how many coins your wallet holds. If you hold a small number of coins you are basically mining with just your CPU. I hold a fair amount of Mintcoins in a number of wallets, thus I am mining with lots of MH/s such as a big mining rig and will find blocks very easily.

If you hold under 100K Mint in your wallet, you are going to have to leave the wallet open and unlocked for a longer period of time so that your coins can constantly work for you. It may take 10 or more days with a small amount of coins, but sooner or later they will mint you new coins.

thank you, what you have said makes a lot more sense than what i read on mintcoin;s web page
i have the latest wallet

from the site:
'PoS will be generated after at least 20 days holding of the coins in your wallet. You don’t need to keep the wallet open all the time. The coin-days accumulated in your wallet will not be lost. The next time when you open the wallet client, the internal miner will start automatically and if the coin holding period meet certain requirements the pos blocks will be generated based on the coin-days in your wallet.'

there is no mention of minimum coins to have therefore it does not matter how many coins anybody has in their wallet they still get 20% minting.

Minting is a "Process" basically the same as "Mining" with computer hardware such as a mining rig. They way Minting works, is it takes into account the amount of coins in your wallet, in conjunction with the age of those coins and uses them to "Mine" blocks of coins.

Imagine you have a mining rig that produces a large number of MH/s and you point it at a particular coin. The more MH/s you have, the easier it is going to be to find a block of coins. Now, imagine you try mining with just your CPU, you're only going to be mining with a very small amount of kh/s and it will be much harder and longer to find a block of coins.

So, thus the question about how many coins your wallet holds. If you hold a small number of coins you are basically mining with just your CPU. I hold a fair amount of Mintcoins in a number of wallets, thus I am mining with lots of MH/s such as a big mining rig and will find blocks very easily.

If you hold under 100K Mint in your wallet, you are going to have to leave the wallet open and unlocked for a longer period of time so that your coins can constantly work for you. It may take 10 or more days with a small amount of coins, but sooner or later they will mint you new coins.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

This is a fantastic opportunity! Let's make it happen! People who have left coins stagnant on Mintpal should consider directing some of them towards this instead, I think it would be a worthwhile investment Wink Not only would you be directly supporting the effort, but by removing some of the sell walls and allowing the price to rise everybody's support will be amplified.
Activity: 59
Everyone holding mint should contribute by supporting this matter. Even a very small amount could make a difference if many people contribute! We can do it!  Wink
Activity: 288
i have the latest wallet

from the site:

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Thanks for the more in-depth explanation. So does each public key/address have it's own private key? Ie, if you are using multiple addresses to receive funds from different places and track where it's coming from, would each address correspond to a different private key, albeit all in the same wallet?

Yes, each of the public key has a corresponding private key.
You can see it for your self by typing:
dumpprivkey
dumpprivkey

You will see that each of your public key has its own private key.

Actually when the wallet.dat is created then is a whole pool of private keys generated for you, ready to be taken into use. Some is used for temporary storage of unspent output (which is a whole other story). But this is really not of any concern for a normal user. Just make sure to have backup of wallet.dat and don't forget your passphrase - then is all fine and dandy  Smiley

i have the latest wallet

Jump to: