Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 363. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

-Mintcoin already has 45 merchants
-We are listed on all major alt coin exchanges, AND Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi
-Coin control in latest wallet
-Android coming soon
-Foundation in place
-Pays 20% interest 1st year, 15% 2nd, 10%, and then 5% per year until cap of 70 Billion. Get paid every 20 days   Smiley
I can't stress these points enough!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
hit up the 100+ million accounts. Its ridiculous to ask for donations from users that have modest holdings from something like this.

Yes, I actually agree to that. I would not mind paying a "donation" if I was ahead in my investment, but I have not minted anything yet and the price has only gone down since i bought in. I think that being added to coinkite right now is not the most important thing right, I think it is more important to advertize MINT and explain the concept of PoS - and have more people buying into MINT.

Getting on services like Coinkite probably works as advertizing too, though.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
hit up the 100+ million accounts. Its ridiculous to ask for donations from users that have modest holdings from something like this.

Yes, I actually agree to that. I would not mind paying a "donation" if I was ahead in my investment, but I have not minted anything yet and the price has only gone down since i bought in. I think that being added to coinkite right now is not the most important thing right, I think it is more important to advertize MINT and explain the concept of PoS - and have more people buying into MINT.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Coinkite will never happen for mint you need 200,000,000 MINTS no one is going to contribute this amount. The dev cash out his 700M in the large dump 2 months ago since then there wasnt any move in price. Since then the price has been extremely low it is difficult to gather the 25btc.  
so how much are the last two noob accounts who posted going to be donating?

Donated 120k so far. Will chip in some more if other people keep doing the same. If I wasn't keeping my MINTs in an exchange (due to conveniance, thinking of pulling them from there), I would give all my minted MINTs.
Activity: 364

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I want to remind people that we are one of the few coins listed on Vault of Satoshi, an exchange with a full money service business license in Canada. VOS has a fairly low volume right now, but looking at their developments and recently announced affiliates program that won't be the case for long:    http://affiliates.vaultofsatoshi.com/affiliates/

VOS also is one of 2 exchanges used by Robocoin atm.  http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/04/08/first-bitcoin-atm-unveiled-on-capitol-hill/

Being listed on VOS is a great angle for us to bring in people new to crypto, and we should be playing it up. It may be more helpful to differentiate ourselves from clone coins rather than chasing them because they currently have a higher market cap. We should be growing along with VOS over the next few months, but this won't happen if we have our attention focused on the competition and false hype. Mintcoin doesn't need false hype. Mint has a lot going for it, however the community seems to be forgetting that currently.

Anyone who can currently trade Mintcoin on VOS should be doing so.

Mintcoin, the first coin with a proof of work to proof of stake blueprint was launched Feb. 6th 2014.

-Mintcoin already has 45 merchants
-We are listed on all major alt coin exchanges, AND Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi
-Coin control in latest wallet
-Android coming soon
-Foundation in place
-Pays 20% interest 1st year, 15% 2nd, 10%, and then 5% per year until cap of 70 Billion. Get paid every 20 days   Smiley

So get on board before the first year is up!
Activity: 364
so how much are the last two noob accounts who posted going to be donating?
Activity: 7
We should get this coinkite business done. It will make our coins effective on real world and merchants in a much faster way and the price, thus our gainings will increase as well. So we would hit two birds with one stone.
Regarding the CoinKite issue and whether or not it is "Sketchy" or is a "Scam" or some weird way of doing business in the crypto world. If you don't already know, CoinKite is a Canadian registered business the same as Vault of Satoshi and therefore is REGULATED by the Canadian Government the same way that a bank in Canada is regulated.

CoinKite already has been providing there POS terminals to retailers all over the World for some time now and accepting Bitcoin and Litecoin as payment for goods and services. CoinKite DOES NOT NEED MINTCOIN, MINTCOIN NEEDS COINKITE.

The reasoning behind them asking coin communities to donate coins to them, has nothing, I Repeat Nothing, to do with bribing them, it has everything to do with the coins community proving to them that there is a viable, strong and dedicated community behind any coin they do decide to include in their service. The cost associated with writing the code and testing it so that it will work flawlessly on their system has to be paid for somehow, and they are asking for the coins help in doing this.

We as a community have already banded together and raised Mintcoin for the development of an Android wallet, and those Mintcoins will be payed out to the person or persons that does this, there is no difference from this, or donating to CoinKite.
The 25% or more that is not used for development is then given to a charity of their choice...WIN WIN situation here.

The argument I read about Visa asking their users to give them money to develop a credit card system is lame at best. In the early days, way back then, the people that created the idea of credit cards for consumers would have asked "Investors" to give them money to develop the framework and such for Visa to be brought to fruition. Yes, Visa would have most likely have given them future stock options or such, with CoinKite, Mintcoin as a community investor, would reap the GREAT benefits of this service as our future stock options.

Think of why the Blackcoin community or some of the bagholders donated the large sum of BC to get onto CoinKite. Do you actually think they did it just to help pump their coin? Of course they did not, they did it because they realize the importance of having such a service backing their coin.

The Mintcoin community has got to really start coming together and working together to get things like this a part of Mintcoin, just sitting around waiting and asking why the price hasn't gone up in over a month, is not the way to increase the value of Mintcoin, or any other coin for that matter. The developer of Mintcoin has shown he is dedicated to Mintcoin by getting Mintcoin accepted on over 20 exchanges and 30 retail goods/services providers. I myself did quite a bit of work on getting Mintcoin onto the Moolah platform. We cannot, as a community just sit back and wait for the next person to take charge, we have to work together, as a team, as a COMMUNITY.

Just go have a look at what Dogecoin has done through their community, they have done wonders, and EVERY ONE of the things they have done, has grown their community and raised their value. I can just imagine when their NASCAR car hits the track just how widespread Dogecoin will be. You do realize just how BIG NASCAR is in the USA....right? This is what a community does to help their cause along.

I have contacted them via email, as shown in the previously posted message, but it is Good Friday today and this is a holiday here in Canada, so I don't suspect I will hear back from then until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not asking for you to send 10 Million Mintcoins to them, unless the need strikes you too, send what you can, help the community attain the things that will make OUR coin grow.

Mintcoin has been GIVING you new coins since going pure PoS, maybe it's time to give some of them back to Mintcoin.

Thank you for the time it took you all to read this post, it is appreciated.

Well said!

Getting on Coinkite seems like a great step in the process towards acceptance of MINT as a currency! There are many other altcoins out there, but if we show them that that we are a strong community where many are willing to spend their MINTS, we will differentiate us from the them. After all, currencies are not currencies if not spent (and payment processors and business make money when we spend MINTs), right?
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
All I ask is some verification that CoinKite will indeed add Mintcoin if the said funds are raised. If they say yes, without a doubt, MINT will be a go and priority development, then I'm sure the money needed to make it happen will come in. We all want to see Mintcoin grow and be adopted more. All some of us are asking for is assurance of development. In the meantime, I'll be helping out by buying more coins and helping to raise the price...that way less contributions will be needed.
Activity: 230
Another thought on this Coinkite topic:

Coinkite will act like a Bitcoin bank. Bitcoin was designed to avoid this, but the tech to do so is not yet installed (android/mobile wallet device-to-register apps). It is coming very soon, but is not installed. Will you want to adopt "bank-like" ways of using the currency in the meantime, or just wait it out?

On their website, under the Security FAQ, there is nothing there that tells me they could not "disappear" coins if they wanted to, just like Mt. Gox. If the wallet.dat is on THEIR hard drive, they have you by the balls, bottom line. I am not suggesting that is what they will do, but I have seen so much shady shit go down in the last 5 months that it is a valid point to address every single time you are hovering over the "Send" button on your wallet.

The scenario you put forward here is one that is possible with pretty much any service that has anything to do with crypto currencies. Whether it be Cryptsy, Mintpal, or any of the other exchanges that hold thousands of BTC as well as altcoins that have not yet traded. Until more governments start to regulate the way things are done regarding cryptos, we are all at the mercy of the companies we entrust our coins to. I know and understand Satoshis ideas behind Bitcoin and deregulation, but as we have all seen, this is proving to be unavoidable. There has to be checks and balances put in place to deter things like Mt Gox and the others from just up and stealing from crypto enthusiasts.

Mintpal for example has nothing listed under their Security section to convince you that they would never abscond with all the BTC and other altcoins held in their trust, we just blindly let them hold them and hope that all will be good. The same goes with mining pools, we have seen them as well just shut down and keep everything that was not auto withdrawn. I just lost over 7500 DGB coins last week because hash.so multi pool did exactly this very thing, others lost many other coins as well. But this has not deterred me from still  mining, I hope I can trust the pool I mine in now.

We all saw the same thing happen on Christmas day last year with Dogecoin, until there is regulations put in place, and all players in the crypto world who are entrusted with our coins, we all have to live with the fact that this is just the way it is, but we at some point also have to put our trust in someone that provides such services and move forward or we just sit and wait for someone to come looking for us through the over 250 other coins already out there....we will get lost in the crowd...no doubt about it.
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Another thought on this Coinkite topic:

Coinkite will act like a Bitcoin bank. Bitcoin was designed to avoid this, but the tech to do so is not yet installed (android/mobile wallet device-to-register apps). It is coming very soon, but is not installed. Will you want to adopt "bank-like" ways of using the currency in the meantime, or just wait it out?

On their website, under the Security FAQ, there is nothing there that tells me they could not "disappear" coins if they wanted to, just like Mt. Gox. If the wallet.dat is on THEIR hard drive, they have you by the balls, bottom line. I am not suggesting that is what they will do, but I have seen so much shady shit go down in the last 5 months that it is a valid point to address every single time you are hovering over the "Send" button on your wallet.
This is a lot like the gold rush, when "gold to cash" or "gold to goods" services were offered at exorbitant prices by a handful of traveling/connected merchants. Mining camps bid for the rights to "first service" of new equipment and news, knowing that the guy who got the drop on the others usually made out best. The people who mine for coins know this, and now all the traders wanting to see prices rise on their coins due to new adoption are finding it out as well.

Usually, the merchant has to sell to the customer. Occasionally, when demand is huge, customers have to bid to merchants. This is not a good place to be as a customer, so it is best to look at what the merchants are doing and figure out how to make money off of it.

This is a pretty darn active "Mining camp", and I would not be surprised in the least if it attracted the eyes of the merchants and financial services/money-handlers, who will all want a piece of this action.

I would not put all my BTC in MINT unless I was very confident it must rise in value under current conditions. I do not know how well COINKITE will do in the short, mid or long term, but as long as their system was well tested, secure and reliable, they could bring widespread visibility amongst early adopters of this kind of technology. I don't think it will make MINTCOIN go to the moon on its own, but it will help if there is an incentive in the future to use MINTCOIN instead of USD/DEBIT/CREDIT, and that incentive will be LOWER FEES/NO BANK INVOLVED.

Future competitors will offer even lower fees in hopes of undercutting CoinKite, and that will be good for everyone else.

I understand your thinking on this, but we also have to take into consideration that there are well over 250 different altcoins out there, some have been around for a lot longer than Mintcoin, others not as long. Lets take Blackcoin for example, (and this is in no way meant to promote any other coin, just an example) they are younger than Mintcoin, but have already been accepted by CoinKite and will have their own debit card before Mintcoin does. They will also be able to sell a retailer on the ease of implementing Blackcoin into their daily sales by using the CoinKite system.

This as I have described above, is what merchants are looking for, something that they are already using that they understand and don't have to train employees on the use of it. This is something that makes our job of convincing new retailers to accept Mintcoin a whole lot easier. Yes, this is the Wild West days of altcoins, and also a bit like the gold rush days as well. But we all know from the history of those days, that it was the early adapters of the newest technologies were the ones that made it and became the leading forces of those times. The ones that just kept using a gold pan and never invested in a sluice box just barely survived and went home just as poor as the day they showed up.

To rely on someone else to choose Mintcoin over one of the hundreds of other coins out there in the hopes that one day Mintcoin gets chosen to be included into such a system is the wrong way to look at it. We have to step forward and show these people that Mintcoin is by far the better choice, we have to take charge of our own destiny and not rely on others to choose it for us.....simple as that.

How long do you all want to wait for some other payment processor to come along and develop what is already there, and then decide that Mintcoin is going to be included in their system? The longer we wait, the longer it is before this will happen, if it ever does.

This is a lot like the gold rush, when "gold to cash" or "gold to goods" services were offered at exorbitant prices by a handful of traveling/connected merchants. Mining camps bid for the rights to "first service" of new equipment and news, knowing that the guy who got the drop on the others usually made out best. The people who mine for coins know this, and now all the traders wanting to see prices rise on their coins due to new adoption are finding it out as well.

Usually, the merchant has to sell to the customer. Occasionally, when demand is huge, customers have to bid to merchants. This is not a good place to be as a customer, so it is best to look at what the merchants are doing and figure out how to make money off of it.

This is a pretty darn active "Mining camp", and I would not be surprised in the least if it attracted the eyes of the merchants and financial services/money-handlers, who will all want a piece of this action.

I would not put all my BTC in MINT unless I was very confident it must rise in value under current conditions. I do not know how well COINKITE will do in the short, mid or long term, but as long as their system was well tested, secure and reliable, they could bring widespread visibility amongst early adopters of this kind of technology. I don't think it will make MINTCOIN go to the moon on its own, but it will help if there is an incentive in the future to use MINTCOIN instead of USD/DEBIT/CREDIT, and that incentive will be LOWER FEES/NO BANK INVOLVED.

Future competitors will offer even lower fees in hopes of undercutting CoinKite, and that will be good for everyone else.

Activity: 56

I think it's important to hit the ground running we cant just stand by and talk about what if.. As a business owner I think these machines are great for wide spread adoption. They are already in several different locations throughout the world and to be one of only a few accepted coins alongside Bitcoin is a pretty big deal. We could even send Mintcoin stickers or other items to these businesses to help advertise that Mintcoin is accepted at those locations. I like the idea of Mintcoin debit cards and I'm happy with the research and effort Beaverslayer has put into this. I've already cast my vote for it by sending some coins and if nothing comes of it at least I can say I tried. I also know that it may still not be enough for some people so please do your own research and if and when you feel comfortable please help support The Mintcoin Community in anyway you can be it through donation to have services added or just helping promote Mintcoin in other ways. Everything helps and we need to work together to succeed
Coinkite created a way to link retail customers with Bitcoin. They are but one of the first of what is sure to be a quickly evolving market.

Coinkite will make money by charging fees to retailers per transaction, and/or leasing of equipment, extra/premium services etc. (It will be up to the retailer if they want to "charge back" those fees to the customer by raising their prices or requiring a "Point of sale" fee, or basically, an ATM/Credit card type fee, but the BTC fees SHOULD be much lower than VISA fees, for example.)

So, Coinkite will get rich from linking consumers and sellers. That is where they make money. Just like a bank/credit card company, but without that pesky interest problem.

So should Coinkite charge alt-currency users to get their currency adopted? Of course not. That is ludicrous. it is like VISA telling China it's citizens all have to give it a few bucks or they don't get to use VISA. They are sketchy as hell for even trying it, and are sure to continue screwing customers in the future with retarded fees and such, just like every other company who is trying to make money off of Bitcoin. This is all about making money, not being super duper nice to each other all the time.

I, for one, don't care enough about the shady-ness to suggest shrugging off Coinkite. I likely won't be USING Coinkite, I just want to see MINTCOIN being used by teenagers at the local gas station to buy candy bars and nudie mags. Combine this with phone wallets, and you get adoption. Adoption equals value.

Again, giving them your money is like bidding on a promising gold claim, except you don't get to keep your money if you lose. That is why I would not give away more than a small bit of my coin stash in hopes that they see some donations, take a good look at the coin, and begin to see the coin as a valuable commodity to be traded with, thus making them lots of money in the mid to long term. They know that they can't make any money without accepting coins, so this is a real possibility.

Don't give them a bunch of your coins. Give them a few (if you are gong to give them any at all) to show you "voted". That is what counts; the support and community numbers. If they can't see that, you KNOW the competition eventually will.

Could you maybe explain to me as well as the others just how you envision that teenager buying that nudie magazine at the local gas station with his Mintcoins, if there is nothing easily provided for them to do so? This will give then the opportunity to buy that magazine as well as the chocolate bar, and also give the owner of the gas station a secure and viable way of accepting them.

I know. That is why I sent coins. It is a DEBIT card for Bitcoin/Alt-coins. You will be paying a fee for the "service" of somebody developing the hardware and software attached to it. That will be sold to merchants. The merchants will then be charged fees for using the service. So will the customers. WE WILL BE PAYING THEM TO USE THE SERVICE. So asking us to pay them so they will use our coin to get rich is dumb. That is like paying someone to buy my art so they can turn around and use it for their own gain.

This will no longer be necessary with widespread adoption of a standard wallet app for Android/Iphone in the future (? years), as retailers will be able to scan your wallet from your phone/RFID chip in your ass/eyescan whatever. POS cards will likely be unnecessary in most fully integrated countries.

But, like I said, there will be that beginning market with this kind of stuff, and it will make many millions before it dies.

Anyway you cut it, giving your coins to them is risky, because there is no guarantee they will take the coin. It would be VERY EASY for them to send back all the coins to their respective wallets if MINTCOIN was not accepted, but you don't see them offering to do that.....this tells me they meant to make money from the "coin list" idea. Remember, they NEED NEW COINS to quickly reach new demographics and make their product more versatile and attractive. The NEXT COMPANY THAT DOES THIS will be trying to get every other coin on board, so COINKITE KNOWS it has to get the good ones signed up NOW if they want the fees from all those tasty transactions. So don't go giving away to them what you can sell, which is the value of MINTCOIN and a profit bearing commodity.

So the only reason to send coins is because you don't much care about the above ethics, and would just like to see this shit get done ASAP so we can watch adoption rise this summer, like me. Everyone is trying to get rich right now, and it costs coins to do it. Some are more up front about it than others. Coinkite is just whitewashing the same bullshit everyone else is selling, but at least they got a product to make the bullshit worth overlooking.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Beaver, you have it backwards lol. Coinkite is going to make all the money by processing payments. They are charging you so they can make double money it's absurd lol.

I do not have it backwards in any way shape or form. Yes CoinKite will make money through the services they provide to retailers...over many years...

I challenge you or any other doubters to go online, find a company that is in the business of developing software/hardware to implement any service for businesses. Ask them if they will spend the time and money to develop specific software and hardware, then test such to be sure it's workable....for FREE....in the hopes that in the future they can make some money off of it.

Even the post a page back about the Android wallet from roxio.io, have a look at their website, they charge a minimum $10,000.00 USD to develop a crypto coin exchange for anyone that's interested. These are not BRIBES, it is the Cost of doing Business....simple as that.

I don't like the idea of giving Mint to coinkite either, all they would have to do though is state their target and what they have received so far, then you would know the money isn't just disappearing into a black hole.
Sorta thinking outside the box right now, but is there a business infrastructure, a simple one that can bypass Coinkite?

Can an Android app be made that a retailer or merchant at the point of sale can use to enter the price of a latte into the smart device, then it will query Vault of Satoshi's exchange for the exchange rate, then list a price in MINT with a QR code?

Sorta, like a quick combined app. There will be a retailer version for retailers to sell things. There will also be a buyer or consumer's version of the app where it will replicate whatever Coinkite does with their transactions and the PIN for security?

I have scoured the internet looking for such a thing. I found Zinc Save, but they as well stated that they would need a $12,000.00 USD commitment from the community to develop and implement it.

Moolah has a good platform, but their storefront is far from what CoinKite offers, and I don't think their DigiPay is complete yet.

CoinKite has developed the hardware and software that a user can use a debit card for transactions, I don't think there is anyone else out there that has this type of service. We have the chance to be in on the ground floor of something that in the years to come will be common amongst the altcoin world, why do we want to wait until something else comes along?
Coinkite created a way to link retail customers with Bitcoin. They are but one of the first of what is sure to be a quickly evolving market.

Coinkite will make money by charging fees to retailers per transaction, and/or leasing of equipment, extra/premium services etc. (It will be up to the retailer if they want to "charge back" those fees to the customer by raising their prices or requiring a "Point of sale" fee, or basically, an ATM/Credit card type fee, but the BTC fees SHOULD be much lower than VISA fees, for example.)

So, Coinkite will get rich from linking consumers and sellers. That is where they make money. Just like a bank/credit card company, but without that pesky interest problem.

So should Coinkite charge alt-currency users to get their currency adopted? Of course not. That is ludicrous. it is like VISA telling China it's citizens all have to give it a few bucks or they don't get to use VISA. They are sketchy as hell for even trying it, and are sure to continue screwing customers in the future with retarded fees and such, just like every other company who is trying to make money off of Bitcoin. This is all about making money, not being super duper nice to each other all the time.

I, for one, don't care enough about the shady-ness to suggest shrugging off Coinkite. I likely won't be USING Coinkite, I just want to see MINTCOIN being used by teenagers at the local gas station to buy candy bars and nudie mags. Combine this with phone wallets, and you get adoption. Adoption equals value.

Again, giving them your money is like bidding on a promising gold claim, except you don't get to keep your money if you lose. That is why I would not give away more than a small bit of my coin stash in hopes that they see some donations, take a good look at the coin, and begin to see the coin as a valuable commodity to be traded with, thus making them lots of money in the mid to long term. They know that they can't make any money without accepting coins, so this is a real possibility.

Don't give them a bunch of your coins. Give them a few (if you are gong to give them any at all) to show you "voted". That is what counts; the support and community numbers. If they can't see that, you KNOW the competition eventually will.

Could you maybe explain to me as well as the others just how you envision that teenager buying that nudie magazine at the local gas station with his Mintcoins, if there is nothing easily provided for them to do so? This will give then the opportunity to buy that magazine as well as the chocolate bar, and also give the owner of the gas station a secure and viable way of accepting them.
Jump to: