Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 361. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
One question, does anybody know why mintcoin is not moving after 3 weeks from 13-16 sat?

I been studding the marked closely the last 5 days, there is a huge sell wall between 15-23 sat. On mint pal is the sell wall 45 BTC, on cryptsy is it 30 BTC.
In current situations will it take 75 BTC to break 23 sat, that is a lot bitcoins!   

Yes they are huge sell walls and will take a lot of BTC to remove them. There is also so much activity with BC, WC, ZET and a few others that are being pumped which leaves far less BTC to be put towards Mintcoin.

Sometime, hopefully not far down the road, more and more people are going to realize that Mintcoin is a very stable coin, and will then start buying up the sell walls and moving the price upwards.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
One question, does anybody know why mintcoin is not moving after 3 weeks from 13-16 sat?

I been studding the marked closely the last 5 days, there is a huge sell wall between 15-23 sat. On mint pal is the sell wall 45 BTC, on cryptsy is it 30 BTC.
In current situations will it take 75 BTC to break 23 sat, that is a lot bitcoins!   

Probably some loser?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

Activity: 676
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Removed it, because it is huge  Tongue

Ken, nothing to feel sorry about. You always do your best, your actions are really appreciated and I believe that the whole community recognizes this. Keep it up man !!!

Activity: 230
Good Morning, Evening, or afternoon....wherever you are in this world.

This is going to be a TL:DR post, but I respectfully ask you all to take the time to read it.

I got into altcoins back in December after reading a lot about Bitcoin and Litecoin. The reason I did was because I saw an opportunity to put together a computer system that could sit and create on it's own something that had worth to it. I realized that Bitcoin and other altcoins was not just some fad that would only be around for a short time and then fade away. I built a small mining rig so that I could mine altcoins and save away for my Grand Kids future inheritance...true story...when I'm laying on my deathbed with my Grand Kids sitting there with me, my last words will be fuzzybunny69. The day they are sitting in the lawyers office for the reading of the will, the lawyer will set a laptop computer down in front of them. When they open the laptop and the screen appears, all that will be there is a whole bunch of wallet files. When they try to open the files, they are going to be asked for a pass phrase...this is when they will realize that Grampa Ken was not just some old crazy man dreaming of fuzzy bunnies, and enter the last words I spoke to them, and realize that they are all now wealthy beyond imagination.

So, then came along Dogecoin and I got involved with them. Over time I saw a lot of infighting and strange things in the Dogecoin community and did not feel comfortable being a part of it. I would constantly troll the [ANN] section of this forum, and one day I came across Mintcoins [ANN]. I began to mine Mintcoins on day two, and have never looked back.

I have spent countless hours promoting Mintcoin as best as I could, with what I have because I see so much potential not only in the coin, but the community as well.

Yesterday morning, we all found out about this CoinKite thing. I read the CoinKite site and thought that this is what Mintcoin needs to help us move forward. I took it upon myself to contact Rodolfo of CoinKite and respectfully ask if they would consider extending the deadline. He responded by saying that they could not because it would not be fair to the other coins. I then responded back that I was not asking for exclusivity for Mintcoin, but extend it to all the coins involved.

He responded back this morning saying that he did not like the idea of changing the rules of a contest. At no time in any of his emails did he say that if Mintcoin did raise the needed amount of coins, that they would include Mintcoin in their platform.

I then came here to the forum to announce that it was pointless to continue to send coins to CoinKite and saw the post by the developer regarding CoinKite. Then on Twitter, CoinKite announced that Mintcoin was doing a great job of trying to meet their deadline, and seemed to be encouraging more donations via Twitter. This is when the developer and myself found out that Mintcoin was just added to the list a few days ago by someone (supposedly) from the Mintcoin community asking them to add us.

I at that point allowed myself to kind of lose my sanity for a short period of time. The developer DM'd me via Twitter asking me to stop, so I did. My passion for Mintcoin and this community is deep, and i will defend Mintcoin as well as promote Mintcoin to the best of my available time and abilities.

I went outside and had to smoke a few cigs to settle myself down, and then I composed the following email that I have sent to Rodolfo of CoinKite. I truly believe that if any member of Mintcoins community had requested we be added to this CoinKite thing, they would have announced it on every social media site available. CoinKite also stated on Twitter this morning that Blackcoin was added just a few days ago also, but we see that they were added on April 9th. I asked Rodolfo who it was that asked to have Mintcoin added and at this point he went silent. This is when I realized that someone from somewhere else had asked to include Mintcoin. This is the point that my sanity left me and the developer kept me from continuing on the wrong road.

Here's the last letter I sent to CoinKite:

Rodolfo,

For starts, I had to calm myself down first before i wrote this email as I did not want to be disrespectful in any way to you or your company.

I sent you an original email yesterday after just finding out about this contest, kindly asking your consideration in extending the deadline of this contest. Your reply was that it would not be fair to the other coins. I then responded back explaining that I did not want my request to be exclusively applied to Mintcoin, but extend the deadline to all the coins and inform them of such.

As you know, you replied today saying "changing online contests is a huge pain, as no one is happy and we will get lot's of flack. Sorry, we may run it again after this one is done" I can understand this and would agree. The thing that I was so disappointed in, was that at no time in either of your emails, did you expressly say that should Mintcoin actually raise the needed amount of coins, that YES, you would include Mintcoin, or even seriously consider adding Mintcoin.

Then I see that you had had discussions with the developer of Mintcoin as he posted on Bitcointalk forum, and even then you do not give any indication that your company would include Mintcoin. Then, on Twitter, you tweet that regarding Mintcoin is making great progress, but again fail to even mention anything about should we make the goal by deadline that we would be included.

Then, one more time...you tell me that Mintcoin was just added to the list a few days ago, because someone from the community asked it to be added, right around the same time you added Blackcoin. Well, this set me off, I'm sorry, but that whole thing just reeks of a setup by someone in the Blackcoin community. Especially after Blackcoin was able to raise over 250K BC in one day, so it is stated on your webpage, but the link to the BC wallet is not there.

So, here is my dilemma, I spent close to 14 hours yesterday trying to get the Mintcoin community behind this effort. I promoted as well as defended your company and the way you were running this contest. People in the Mintcoin community know who it was that asked them to donate to your company for this project, and some, like you, know my real world name and email.

I put my heart and soul into trying to get the community behind this, and now I have to go back to them and hope they accept my apologies. I would respectfully ask, that you and your company refund the Mintcoins that have been donated so far to the people that have sent them. If you are not willing to handle the refunds, I can get the developer to forward you a wallet address that you can send the over 3.3 million coins that were raised yesterday, and Mintcoin will take care of refunding the coins.

Again, I thank you for the time you've taken regarding this issue. I would like to know, who it was in the Mintcoin community that actually requested we be added to the list. The reason being, is that if a person from Mintcoin actually asked, they would have posted it all over Mintcoins many social media sites....this never ever occurred. Mintcoin never knew about this until just yesterday morning....very strange indeed. So, if you would be so kind as to let me know who it was, I would appreciate that as well.

Let me know about the Mintcoin refund, you as well as I know this would be the right thing to do.

Regards
Ken Clark
Beaverslayer

So, now I humbly ask this great community to accept my sincerest apologies for convincing you to take up this cause and send your Mintcoins to CoinKite. I am truly sorry that I helped you all to believe that this was a good idea and CoinKite would be fair about it. I will continue to passionately promote as well as defend Mintcoin and this community to the best of my time and abilities.

With deepest regards
Ken Clark
Beaverslayer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
We pay when we estimate it is fair. That amount+deadline mix doesn't seem fair to us...

Then, why you posted it here? It is fair for the community to send MINT to them but not fair for you  Huh

I saw the news on Twitter, and just reported it here and everywhere. After clarification, that no longer seems like a good move. I might remove everything about CoinKite if everyone agrees we won't do it.

Then, please refund the guys that sent their MINTs to them. I am not one of them, but I think you made them to send their MINTs somewhere you proposed without doing your study beforehand.

You can find the transactions there http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MdJjejnLrSVe1TwWCMDRmHgWiTnMyHcEiE

We are talking for about 3.3M MINT due to your error.

With all due respect, mintcointeam did not make us send coins anywhere. They simply told us about an opportunity and we acted upon it. With coinkite not allowing for an extension of the deadline, meaning Mintcoin only has 13 days to achieve the goal versus the 3 months the other coins had, I don't think the amount+deadline is fair either.

With all due respect, you are wrong.

Someone that you trust, told you that needed your support in order to reach a goal. Afterwards, clearly admitted that it was a faulty statement and agreed that the refund is the proper handling from him. This was really a very clear, quick and honest statement from mintcointeam that strengthens the coins value, because it brings further trust. In case you do not want your MINT back, it is your decision. You can easily donate them to either the foundation or the mintcointeam. But it is one thing your personal view and another thing the devs handling towards the community, which was optimal.

Personally, I could not care less about coincite. I said from the first minute that I do not know them, at least to my country I never heard about them. I just said that if the devs believe that it is important maybe it could be useful to use a part of the premine for it. It seems that it is not the case, the devs decided otherwise, this is perfectly fine for me.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Fuck it! 178M Mint is not a reasonable amount to ask! Case closed! People who sent to the donation address before Saturday 4:47 PM GMT will be refunded.

:Pwhy you recognize it so late??

Coinkite could have been a big step forward. This is not an easy decision to take to leave them. Now we have much better to do with our coins. MintCoin Fund is one reason. It will bring us a lot more media coverage than Coinkite could ever do...

My thoughts are that the coinkite business model is such that most merchants would look at it and decide they are better off doing it themselves, it just looks like more hoops to jump through and then it's no better than a credit card service with more risks involved, they want to manage your wallet too? And a few of the merchants listed on their map were just people trying to run an exchange of their own. That and the high fees for considering other coins (which their merchants don't have to accept) it doesn't seem like this startup is going to be around for long, not as long as Mintcoin I suspect  Wink

EDIT: I remembered this article about the Lamassu Bitcoin ATMs, it reads to me like they can add support for another digital currency like Mintcoin, so then all you would need is the mobile wallet

http://www.coindesk.com/lamassu-ceo-atms-will-soon-become-portals-bitcoin-services/

But again this kind of infrastructure for merchants doesn't lock them into a 'walled garden' relying on some new startup charging fees and managing their funds for them.
Activity: 56
I believe the main focus should be on completing a minting Android wallet.

That is what is going to set us apart from the rest of the cryptos

what is the current status?

^^^^^^^^^

Coinkite is great for bringing Bitcoin in to the past and allowing the "old way" of doing things to work, but it is far from the end-all-be-all for Mintcoin. As I said before, I do not think it would send Mintcoin to the moon, but it would open up a market that we otherwise would not have had at this time and place and allow Mintcoin to have some exposure and usability it would not otherwise have, UNTIL another competitor comes along and ASKS to list us after taking a look at the coin and community....

I agree the Android app is much more interesting and important for growth. That is why I offered 4 times the amount in Bounty coins for the Android app than what I sent to Coinkite as a show of "vote" (bribe) support. I have no issues with contributing towards projects that will raise the value of my investment. I believe the android app, for obvious reasons, will be MUCH bigger for ANY coin than being added to Coinkite. It would be much better exposure to have the phone wallet/app listed on the top app sites and being spread around by people! This will take some marketing in the alt-coin world and orbiting subjects!

Eventually, there will be a decentralized Point of Sale system in place for purchasing things at retail shops, and I do believe that will either be "smart-cards" that link to your phone wallet through the cards RFID chip and allow you to swipe like a credit card, or just a direct scan from the register of your wallet QR code on your phone screen.

Coinkite will likely die at that moment, because who wants to pay the fees and keep their coins on another guys server if they don't have to?

The very fact that this community talked about this single step as much as we did makes me excited for what is going to happen when our community grows by leaps and bounds in the coming years. This constant searching and pushing for the next big step is one large reason why I put my money in MINTCOIN rather than ______coin.

Coinkite is subscribing to the US congressional way of doing things: Highest bidder gets in on the action, the rest, tough shit. Guess what? Looks like people are fed up with that business model.

I gotta say, I like that a chunk of this coin's forum community just told Coinkite to basically go fuck itself due to that factor. I would rather be attached to a coin community with some balls and lot of sharp minds than one who throws all their money at every opportunity that comes along.

If Coinkite had ANY integrity, they would just send the coins back to people when the deadline came.

I am planning on making a little "commercial" video for Mintcoin. I need a physical Mintcoin to finish it, but so far all the quotes I got for molding a coin have been outrageous and they want me to purchase a lot of them, which is understandable if you go to through the process of molding something like that. I think this community can help send this coin viral with a lot of little projects like that. I figure it will be fun and worth a shot, so why not?

I think there was a person based out of Israel on the crypto currency collectors club facebook that was talking about creating a physical Mintcoin you may want to check there and see if they already exist
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

^^^^^^^^^

Coinkite is great for bringing Bitcoin in to the past and allowing the "old way" of doing things to work, but it is far from the end-all-be-all for Mintcoin. As I said before, I do not think it would send Mintcoin to the moon, but it would open up a market that we otherwise would not have had at this time and place and allow Mintcoin to have some exposure and usability it would not otherwise have, UNTIL another competitor comes along and ASKS to list us after taking a look at the coin and community....

I agree the Android app is much more interesting and important for growth. That is why I offered 4 times the amount in Bounty coins for the Android app than what I sent to Coinkite as a show of "vote" (bribe) support. I have no issues with contributing towards projects that will raise the value of my investment. I believe the android app, for obvious reasons, will be MUCH bigger for ANY coin than being added to Coinkite. It would be much better exposure to have the phone wallet/app listed on the top app sites and being spread around by people! This will take some marketing in the alt-coin world and orbiting subjects!

Eventually, there will be a decentralized Point of Sale system in place for purchasing things at retail shops, and I do believe that will either be "smart-cards" that link to your phone wallet through the cards RFID chip and allow you to swipe like a credit card, or just a direct scan from the register of your wallet QR code on your phone screen.

Coinkite will likely die at that moment, because who wants to pay the fees and keep their coins on another guys server if they don't have to?

The very fact that this community talked about this single step as much as we did makes me excited for what is going to happen when our community grows by leaps and bounds in the coming years. This constant searching and pushing for the next big step is one large reason why I put my money in MINTCOIN rather than ______coin.

Coinkite is subscribing to the US congressional way of doing things: Highest bidder gets in on the action, the rest, tough shit. Guess what? Looks like people are fed up with that business model.

I gotta say, I like that a chunk of this coin's forum community just told Coinkite to basically go fuck itself due to that factor. I would rather be attached to a coin community with some balls and lot of sharp minds than one who throws all their money at every opportunity that comes along.

If Coinkite had ANY integrity, they would just send the coins back to people when the deadline came.

I am planning on making a little "commercial" video for Mintcoin. I need a physical Mintcoin to finish it, but so far all the quotes I got for molding a coin have been outrageous and they want me to purchase a lot of them, which is understandable if you go to through the process of molding something like that. I think this community can help send this coin viral with a lot of little projects like that. I figure it will be fun and worth a shot, so why not?

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
I donated a little....
The thing that is fishy about this to me is that CoinKite is just focused on encouraging us to donate 25 btc by the deadline, but they still have not provided any guarantee they would even add Mintcoin even if the fund amount was reached. 25 BTC with no guarantee of implementation??? Another thing to note: Dogecoin, Peercoin et al are all NOT donating...why?

I know it sounds great, but it seems like BS at this point.

Mintcoin doesn't absolutely "need" CoinKite, imo. Mintcoin is/will be successful with out it. I have not sold any of my MINTs, and will continue to keep buying more; this coin is great. Cheers!
Activity: 364

Activity: 182
We pay when we estimate it is fair. That amount+deadline mix doesn't seem fair to us...

I agree I think the whole thing is a bullshit scam. We as a community need to make a statement, that bribery has no place in the crypto scene. It sounds corny but seriously guys how many times do you hear normal people saying shit like bitcoin is for drugs, bitcoin is a scam, etc... And most people lump altcoins roughly into the same category as bitcoin.
Activity: 12
Fuck it! 178M Mint is not a reasonable amount to ask! Case closed! People who sent to the donation address before Saturday 4:47 PM GMT will be refunded.

Coinkite could have been a big step forward. This is not an easy decision to take to leave them. Now we have much better to do with our coins. MintCoin Fund is one reason. It will bring us a lot more media coverage than Coinkite could ever do...
yes you're right, it a big step, but we should not finish it now, it better to do later, think about blackcoin, if blackcoin its still at 400 sat, they may have to contribute all coins to finish it. now, as the value of it is up, they could finish the project
Activity: 325

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Nobody knew they wouldn't extend the deadline until a few hours ago
Activity: 12

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Then, why you posted it here? It is fair for the community to send MINT to them but not fair for you  Huh

I saw the news on Twitter, and just reported it here and everywhere. After clarification, that no longer seems like a good move. I might remove everything about CoinKite if everyone agrees we won't do it.

Then, please refund the guys that sent their MINTs to them. I am not one of them, but I think you made them to send their MINTs somewhere you proposed without doing your study beforehand.

You can find the transactions there http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MdJjejnLrSVe1TwWCMDRmHgWiTnMyHcEiE

We are talking for about 3.3M MINT due to your error.

With all due respect, mintcointeam did not make us send coins anywhere. They simply told us about an opportunity and we acted upon it. With coinkite not allowing for an extension of the deadline, meaning Mintcoin only has 13 days to achieve the goal versus the 3 months the other coins had, I don't think the amount+deadline is fair either.
Jump to: