Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 392. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform
How is is that I upgrade to the 1.8 wallet and now I am missing 400,000 coins?
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys i'm wondering if its possible to include some free mint with every wallet? you know like an automated faucet? that way as soon as you install your wallet and the blockchain is updated you automatically receive 10 MINT or something. I think people would like it and then they can instantly send their friends some coins or receive some. And they see that the wallet actually works. Only a few people know how to access an exchange and buy coins. That's too complicated for a beginner.

what do you think? of course there would have to be a way to protect the wallets from being scammed automatically  Tongue

I really don't think that is possible and would just create a nightmare of people or bots downloading wallets every second just to get the free Mintcoins.

There are many ways to get new people involved and give them free coins.

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I've even shown people on their own computers how easy it is to download and instal the wallet and then use the faucet, Facebook Tipping and Twitter tipping. Now I'll be helping them get set up at Vault of Satoshi as well, this will give them another way of getting more Mint. Once they see how easy and fast things work, they really get into it, and the interest Mint pays makes them Happy Happy Happy...

i understand your concerns but I disagree. Let me explain.

May I ask what country you're from? I'm from Germany. In Germany the average people are just way way back in the internet age. The most people don't even know how to operate a simple PC. In Germany the majority of the people just simply don't trust anyone telling them about electronic money transfers or computers and co. Most people don't even use online banking because it can be "hacked". It took a long time to get the people to use Wifi without fearing losing all their savings to an anonymous hacker.

Therefore hardly anyone in Germany uses twitter. I have to admit I have a twitter account but use it only twice a year Smiley

Additionally Facebook is a big enemy for the average German. Most people use it but with fake names or with the privacy settings raised to the maximum. So only a few would use a Facebook application like the tipping app. Some use Candy Crush but it's another story :9 The whole Germanycoin Airdrop failed mainly because they used facebook to give the Germans some free coins. The users called it an outrage!

As said before the average German doesn't want to click to many buttons or to give away to much of his/her personal information therefore it is really difficult to convince someone to install a wallet, then go to another page and do something in order to get some free coins.

My suggestion against all the scammers and bots out there:

- average Joe installs the Mintcoin wallet. As soon as the wallet is synced a message appears "Do you want to claim your free 10 MINT?".
- average Joe clicks Yes -> Please verify that you're human, enter that captcha -> After that the 10 MINT are sent to the newly created wallet address. Just once.

Everything happens within the wallet. No extra clicks. No sites. No privacy abuse. See it as a faucet within the wallet.

What do you guys think? I don't think it is so difficult to implement a simple captcha and an automated faucet into the wallet.

Thanks for reading my wall of text  Cheesy
Activity: 67
Ok then, I'll stay out and let you guys do whatever it is you are doing. Please do the same for the BlackCoin thread (Sockpuppets included) Smiley

P.S. Good luck guys!

Thanks, buddy! You too!

+1  Smiley Smiley Smiley
BlackCoin 就是庄家控制的币多而已,所以等着拉高套小白,BC相比MINT有优势吗?不,我没有看到更多的优势,除了那个所谓 “0 premining",但是就目前来看,BC的分布并没有MINT均匀,还有BC是mint之后出来的,有抄袭MINT的嫌疑。

BlackCoin is the control of money more, so a higher set of mice, compared to BC MINT advantage? No, I don't see much advantage, in addition to the so-called "0 premining", but at the moment, the distribution of BC and no MINT uniform, and BC after Mint out, MINT suspected of plagiarism.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
I just come back from the post office. The Mintcoin Bylaws are on the way to the French administration. It should have them by Mibnday. From then, it will take one month to have them accepted, registered and published.

Hey what does this mean?

What this means is, that the "Mintcoin Fund" which is going to be an NGO registered in the country of France, is getting very close to being a reality. Once this is completed and the Mintcoin Fund is up and running, it will be used to fund projects around the world that are geared towards a "Greener Environment".

So, all in all, this is very very good news for Mintcoin.

You can read more about the Fund here:  http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,400.0.html
Activity: 195
I just come back from the post office. The Mintcoin Bylaws are on the way to the French administration. It should have them by Mibnday. From then, it will take one month to have them accepted, registered and published.

Hey what does this mean?

Mintcoin bylaws? what are you talking about? Grin
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
aka. dibdab
Hi, just as an update about the lovecrypto "voting". Kassado tried to extort more btc out of the bc community and when he didnt get any, he removed bc listing completely.

So mintcoin is back up as number 1 Smiley

But, just as a heads up. He is only out for your btc and he said that he doesnt care if i call him out as the scammer he truly is.
Activity: 133
Merit: 11

Hey what does this mean?
Activity: 230
guys i'm wondering if its possible to include some free mint with every wallet? you know like an automated faucet? that way as soon as you install your wallet and the blockchain is updated you automatically receive 10 MINT or something. I think people would like it and then they can instantly send their friends some coins or receive some. And they see that the wallet actually works. Only a few people know how to access an exchange and buy coins. That's too complicated for a beginner.

what do you think? of course there would have to be a way to protect the wallets from being scammed automatically  Tongue

I really don't think that is possible and would just create a nightmare of people or bots downloading wallets every second just to get the free Mintcoins.

There are many ways to get new people involved and give them free coins.

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I've even shown people on their own computers how easy it is to download and instal the wallet and then use the faucet, Facebook Tipping and Twitter tipping. Now I'll be helping them get set up at Vault of Satoshi as well, this will give them another way of getting more Mint. Once they see how easy and fast things work, they really get into it, and the interest Mint pays makes them Happy Happy Happy...
Activity: 155
VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

Activity: 67
well, if they show up in the blockchain you have them. The problem is your local wallet.

Try going to mintcoin.cc

if you join the forum that is availble you can post in the support topic and the devs will help you.

This is the greatness of the community
I hope you can get help
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I just come back from the post office. The Mintcoin Bylaws are on the way to the French administration. It should have them by Monday. From then, it will take one month to have them accepted, registered and published.

This is history.

First Crypto Currency backed by an registered NGO, a Real Foundation.
Activity: 210
Don't forget we have access to the MOST PROFITABLE multipool out there: https://hashco.ws/

Just sign up and change the payout to Mint! Pool is currently over 1600 MH. Sign up now and get more Mintcoin before price blows up!

Wow, 2300 MH now!
AND now you can see Mint estimates!  Grin
Activity: 42
Mintcoin is now part of the biggest tipbot service of the world  Grin
Activity: 224
Professional anarchist
Just look at the last few pages to see all Mint has going for itself.

-All security concerns were immediately addressed.
-Coin control added
-QR support added
-Android wallet on the way
-Vault of Satoshi on the way
-Foundation started
-20% Annual gain on coins held, minted at 20 day intervals

I only wish I had more cash to invest, Mint is definitely set to EXPLODE

That's why current movements in price are just noise. This coin has a great feel about it, and a lot of good will.
Activity: 72
Thank you so much repair wallet totally worked. Appreciate it.

OK, I traced all the code from creation of a PoS block to acceptance of a local/remote generated PoS block, to reorganization of the block chain on orphaned PoS blocks. Everything seems to be in order. Maybe there was a multithread locking bug somewhere and your wallet was confused as a result of it. Under normal circumstances, you shouldn't have any problems.

First, backup your wallet.dat.

Open your wallet, enter debug console, and run "checkwallet". It will check if there are any inconsistencies between known blockchain and your wallet. It may be helpful. If it finds anything, you can run "repairwallet" and it will sync them. I think it will find your 1M coins

Also redownloading blockchain may help you, but try checkwallet first and let us know what happened. It may help us understand the source of the problem.

thanks

@5flags Can you also run checkwallet and report its results ?

Ahhh, found your problem. Do you have coins in stake?

40 days ago you received 2M
20 days ago, you minted 22k coins -- it works by sending out 2M, and receiving a little more in 2 transactions; 1M + 1M
Today, as 20 days passed, one of those 1M transactions generated a PoS block, it spent the 1M and would receive 500k+500k + 11k minted coins. Confirmed says FALSE, so it means the transaction is not accepted by the blockchain yet (It won't be confirmed until 50 blocks pass, during that time, you cannot spend the original 1M as it's already spent, and you cannot spend the newly generated 500k+500k+11k as it didn't arrive yet). But you should see the missing 1M in Stake

Please check it

HELP!!! missing mint coin

I opened my wallet today and it shows half of my original amount. But there have been no transactions out.

The block explorer is showing the correct balance, but it also shows 2 tranaction that don't appear in my wallet software. Can anyone help?

This is shown in wallet

Confirmed   Date   Type   Label   Address   Amount   ID
FALSE   2014-04-09T18:20:01   Mined         11170.83726   f41bc83efcac08d87d2acbd85b1a521021d020e72c46594f00a527ab2e56549d-000
TRUE   2014-03-20T18:32:56   Mined         22164.59068   30c134f8ce7467c41bc132b7fc10bf00be286d40c4a4f465cd75d013fdda2c27-000
TRUE   2014-02-28T16:20:00   Received with      MkVZTqzDgXnukasEE9MaM2AFUyo2AqzNTC   2013185.783   03201d87bb981a3689f03b72c54c66d025423c4d4d69c2a0481efb69d4540f8d-000

This is the address link http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MkVZTqzDgXnukasEE9MaM2AFUyo2AqzNTC

Wallet is showing a balance of 1017675.18
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Activity: 59
Last night, my wallet said I had a stake incoming of ~90'000. Then it disappeared and turned into a stake of 1000.
I'm on the latest wallet (1.8 ). Is this common? I've never seen it before. Will I ever get those 90'000 back ?
Activity: 185
Anyone noticed the biggest mint share holder sold almost 400mil mint the last 3 weeks. Seems to me this is causing the price slowly going down. Also it should be a good thing that his shares are dropping, I rather see the mints spread out more.
how did you notice that? blockchain explorer?

Made a screenshot of the richlist 18 March and just checked the top 5 again. No 1 is selling.

IMG

Today
IMG
It might be an exchange's cold wallet. I think people would start withdrawing their MINT from exchanges as coin control arrived. I withdraw all my mint from the exchange yesterday. They can mint on my computer, and I can choose to send back the correct ones if I need to

Or it might be the owner sending to another address / wallet for security or manual coin control
Jump to: