Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 391. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I moved my wallet today because it was on win xp.  It started minting like crazy but one mined transaction still has zero confirms after over 6 hours and it says the net amount is a negative number.  any ideas?  also there are confirmed mints before and after this one
Activity: 132
The low volume is encouraging, panic should have arrived by now. Maybe there are no more nuts to be shaken off the tree?

What's clear is that any whale has already had several opportunities over several weeks to sell at minimum slippage but hasn't.

I remember a few weeks back there were two 40+ BTC buy orders in at 16 & 17 Sats each, but nobody sold into them, and the price pumped over 20 Sats because of it too.

40 BTC is only $16,000 right now, which is really not much, and all it would take to make the price go up 50%.

It makes a lot of sense to me. Big investers are waiting for things to stabilize.
Mintcoin went through a lot of events the past two weeks, causing a lot of investers to withdrawal their money.

Now Mintcoin will enter calmer waters announcing more new features, exchanges and merchants every week. This WILL attract more big investers. Once the price starts to get up, this will attract new investers and so on ...

This situation reminds me at the start of LTC. The price was hovering at the same level, and then ...  
Activity: 185
depends which version did you use earlier?

I had 1.5 then jumped to 1.8. Should I update to 1.7 then back to 1.8?

Since 1.5 was before hard fork. Im afraid that all coins you minted after block nr 220 000 are in wrong fork and lost forever.

What about the coinage that was used to mint coins on the wrong fork, is it lost too? Seems like maybe since the minting never happened on the correct chain, no coinage was lost on the correct chain? If that is the case, the only thing one would have missed out on by minting on the wrong chain is a little bit of compounded interest.
No, the coinage is not lost

From the correct chain's perspective, the transactions you used to mint those blocks were never spent to mint anything. So, you lost nothing, only some CPU time. You will mint again on the same coins, and get a few days more worth of interest on them this time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Requests for 20 free mintcoin via the @FreeMintCoin twitter account have been steadily dwindling following the success of our thunderclap.it

In an attempt to gain some additional interest in Mintcoin and to continue with the goal to giveaway a few Mintcoins to as many people as possible over an extended time frame - I've set-up a free web based proxy to help advertise Mintcoin and the @FreeMintCoin and @MintcoinTeam twitter accounts.

See: http://mintproxy.cu.cc/ - Its on a bit of a random free domain name, although the proxy hosting is quite stable and cloudflare is also enabled.

This site will draw additional interest in Mintcoin from a wide variety of PC / internet users via proxy listing websites and random hits.

A one-time on-click pop-under for the Mintcoin homepage is currently being served. I'll be adding a rotator into the proxyfied pages with text links to Mintcoin exchanges and merchants in due course.  Cool

Nice! Keep up the good work!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Since 1.5 was before hard fork. Im afraid that all coins you minted after block nr 220 000 are in wrong fork and lost forever.

What about the coinage that was used to mint coins on the wrong fork, is it lost too? Seems like maybe since the minting never happened on the correct chain, no coinage was lost on the correct chain? If that is the case, the only thing one would have missed out on by minting on the wrong chain is a little bit of compounded interest.

He could enable coin control features and see how many confirms the oldest coins have. If any decent junk of coins are close to 60 000 conformations, then he can expect minting new interest coins soon.  Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Tried this didnt work. I guess I will leave things where they are. I am bummed because I missed out of some serious stakes. Maybe one day QT wallets will update automatically and traveling businessmen like me wont have these kinds of issues.

Auto update is not going to happen because it would open the door to hackers.
One thing what is possible would be automatic email notice if update is available. This should be rather easy feature for mintcoin.com homepage to add.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Requests for 20 free mintcoin via the @FreeMintCoin twitter account have been steadily dwindling following the success of our thunderclap.it

In an attempt to gain some additional interest in Mintcoin and to continue with the goal to giveaway a few Mintcoins to as many people as possible over an extended time frame - I've set-up a free web based proxy to help advertise Mintcoin and the @FreeMintCoin and @MintcoinTeam twitter accounts.

See: http://mintproxy.cu.cc/ - Its on a bit of a random free domain name, although the proxy hosting is quite stable and cloudflare is also enabled.

This site will draw additional interest in Mintcoin from a wide variety of PC / internet users via proxy listing websites and random hits.

A one-time on-click pop-under for the Mintcoin homepage is currently being served. I'll be adding a rotator into the proxyfied pages with text links to Mintcoin exchanges and merchants in due course.  Cool
Activity: 195
I just come back from the post office. The Mintcoin Bylaws are on the way to the French administration. It should have them by Mibnday. From then, it will take one month to have them accepted, registered and published.

Hey what does this mean?

What this means is, that the "Mintcoin Fund" which is going to be an NGO registered in the country of France, is getting very close to being a reality. Once this is completed and the Mintcoin Fund is up and running, it will be used to fund projects around the world that are geared towards a "Greener Environment".

So, all in all, this is very very good news for Mintcoin.

You can read more about the Fund here:  http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,400.0.html

hmm very interesting

Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform

Tried this didnt work. I guess I will leave things where they are. I am bummed because I missed out of some serious stakes. Maybe one day QT wallets will update automatically and traveling businessmen like me wont have these kinds of issues.
Activity: 93
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys i'm wondering if its possible to include some free mint with every wallet? you know like an automated faucet? that way as soon as you install your wallet and the blockchain is updated you automatically receive 10 MINT or something. I think people would like it and then they can instantly send their friends some coins or receive some. And they see that the wallet actually works. Only a few people know how to access an exchange and buy coins. That's too complicated for a beginner.

what do you think? of course there would have to be a way to protect the wallets from being scammed automatically  Tongue

I really don't think that is possible and would just create a nightmare of people or bots downloading wallets every second just to get the free Mintcoins.

There are many ways to get new people involved and give them free coins.

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I've even shown people on their own computers how easy it is to download and instal the wallet and then use the faucet, Facebook Tipping and Twitter tipping. Now I'll be helping them get set up at Vault of Satoshi as well, this will give them another way of getting more Mint. Once they see how easy and fast things work, they really get into it, and the interest Mint pays makes them Happy Happy Happy...

i understand your concerns but I disagree. Let me explain.

May I ask what country you're from? I'm from Germany. In Germany the average people are just way way back in the internet age. The most people don't even know how to operate a simple PC. In Germany the majority of the people just simply don't trust anyone telling them about electronic money transfers or computers and co. Most people don't even use online banking because it can be "hacked". It took a long time to get the people to use Wifi without fearing losing all their savings to an anonymous hacker.

Therefore hardly anyone in Germany uses twitter. I have to admit I have a twitter account but use it only twice a year Smiley

Additionally Facebook is a big enemy for the average German. Most people use it but with fake names or with the privacy settings raised to the maximum. So only a few would use a Facebook application like the tipping app. Some use Candy Crush but it's another story :9 The whole Germanycoin Airdrop failed mainly because they used facebook to give the Germans some free coins. The users called it an outrage!

As said before the average German doesn't want to click to many buttons or to give away to much of his/her personal information therefore it is really difficult to convince someone to install a wallet, then go to another page and do something in order to get some free coins.

My suggestion against all the scammers and bots out there:

- average Joe installs the Mintcoin wallet. As soon as the wallet is synced a message appears "Do you want to claim your free 10 MINT?".
- average Joe clicks Yes -> Please verify that you're human, enter that captcha -> After that the 10 MINT are sent to the newly created wallet address. Just once.

Everything happens within the wallet. No extra clicks. No sites. No privacy abuse. See it as a faucet within the wallet.

What do you guys think? I don't think it is so difficult to implement a simple captcha and an automated faucet into the wallet.

Thanks for reading my wall of text  Cheesy

I'm from Canada, basically the most internet connected country. Canadians do almost everything online, and have been for many years. Here in Canada, you are able to connect to WiFi almost anywhere, the ISP I am with, Shaw Cable, is currently installing free WiFi systems in as many businesses that they can.

I can understand the concept of your idea, but I still think it's something that is not going to be able to be implemented easily. You also say that Germans are very skeptical about doing anything online, what makes you think they would embrace this idea of downloading a wallet and such, before they would participate on Twitter or Facebook or even online bank?

As of right now, they can download the wallet, install it and visit a Mintcoin faucet totally anonymously without having to enter any personal information whatsoever. They can also set up a Twitter account with fake information just like you say they do with Facebook.

Here's an article about the Canadian Senate having discussions with the big players involved with Bitcoin here in Canada....very good read.

http://www.coindesk.com/canadian-senate-meets-bitcoin-community-fact-finding-session/

canada sounds really awesome for a nerdy guy like me  Wink here in Germany you only get 1 hour tops of free Wifi at Starbucks and McDonalds. The others are all really frightened that you might download some illegal Macklemore mp3s or anything using their wifi.

Maybe some devs or Kergekoin? might say something regarding the implementation of that faucet thingy. i think it would really ease the things up for the average users. I don't want to offend the faucet sites but to many people they look a bit shady.

btw if one would convince an average German to install a wallet i can promise you only a few of them would know how do deinstall it.  Grin

How is is that I upgrade to the 1.8 wallet and now I am missing 400,000 coins?

First, make a copy of your wallet.dat file in %appdata%roaming/mintcoin folder, save it to your desktop.
Secondly, open the "Debug" console in your wallet and enter the command: repairwallet
If this does not work, open the "Debug" console again and enter the command: salvagewallet

This should fix it right up.

Sweet let me try that

Ok so most of my coins are back. But anything minted between the 4th and when I updated (late last night) are gone. They were there before I updated. Is it because I didn't update until now?
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
The low volume is encouraging, panic should have arrived by now. Maybe there are no more nuts to be shaken off the tree?

What's clear is that any whale has already had several opportunities over several weeks to sell at minimum slippage but hasn't.

I remember a few weeks back there were two 40+ BTC buy orders in at 16 & 17 Sats each, but nobody sold into them, and the price pumped over 20 Sats because of it too.

40 BTC is only $16,000 right now, which is really not much, and all it would take to make the price go up 50%.

First, make a copy of your wallet.dat file in %appdata%roaming/mintcoin folder, save it to your desktop.
Secondly, open the "Debug" console in your wallet and enter the command: repairwallet
If this does not work, open the "Debug" console again and enter the command: salvagewallet

Sweet let me try that
Activity: 230

Activity: 230
guys i'm wondering if its possible to include some free mint with every wallet? you know like an automated faucet? that way as soon as you install your wallet and the blockchain is updated you automatically receive 10 MINT or something. I think people would like it and then they can instantly send their friends some coins or receive some. And they see that the wallet actually works. Only a few people know how to access an exchange and buy coins. That's too complicated for a beginner.

what do you think? of course there would have to be a way to protect the wallets from being scammed automatically  Tongue

I really don't think that is possible and would just create a nightmare of people or bots downloading wallets every second just to get the free Mintcoins.

There are many ways to get new people involved and give them free coins.

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I've even shown people on their own computers how easy it is to download and instal the wallet and then use the faucet, Facebook Tipping and Twitter tipping. Now I'll be helping them get set up at Vault of Satoshi as well, this will give them another way of getting more Mint. Once they see how easy and fast things work, they really get into it, and the interest Mint pays makes them Happy Happy Happy...

i understand your concerns but I disagree. Let me explain.

May I ask what country you're from? I'm from Germany. In Germany the average people are just way way back in the internet age. The most people don't even know how to operate a simple PC. In Germany the majority of the people just simply don't trust anyone telling them about electronic money transfers or computers and co. Most people don't even use online banking because it can be "hacked". It took a long time to get the people to use Wifi without fearing losing all their savings to an anonymous hacker.

Therefore hardly anyone in Germany uses twitter. I have to admit I have a twitter account but use it only twice a year Smiley

Additionally Facebook is a big enemy for the average German. Most people use it but with fake names or with the privacy settings raised to the maximum. So only a few would use a Facebook application like the tipping app. Some use Candy Crush but it's another story :9 The whole Germanycoin Airdrop failed mainly because they used facebook to give the Germans some free coins. The users called it an outrage!

As said before the average German doesn't want to click to many buttons or to give away to much of his/her personal information therefore it is really difficult to convince someone to install a wallet, then go to another page and do something in order to get some free coins.

My suggestion against all the scammers and bots out there:

- average Joe installs the Mintcoin wallet. As soon as the wallet is synced a message appears "Do you want to claim your free 10 MINT?".
- average Joe clicks Yes -> Please verify that you're human, enter that captcha -> After that the 10 MINT are sent to the newly created wallet address. Just once.

Everything happens within the wallet. No extra clicks. No sites. No privacy abuse. See it as a faucet within the wallet.

What do you guys think? I don't think it is so difficult to implement a simple captcha and an automated faucet into the wallet.

Thanks for reading my wall of text  Cheesy

I'm from Canada, basically the most internet connected country. Canadians do almost everything online, and have been for many years. Here in Canada, you are able to connect to WiFi almost anywhere, the ISP I am with, Shaw Cable, is currently installing free WiFi systems in as many businesses that they can.

I can understand the concept of your idea, but I still think it's something that is not going to be able to be implemented easily. You also say that Germans are very skeptical about doing anything online, what makes you think they would embrace this idea of downloading a wallet and such, before they would participate on Twitter or Facebook or even online bank?

As of right now, they can download the wallet, install it and visit a Mintcoin faucet totally anonymously without having to enter any personal information whatsoever. They can also set up a Twitter account with fake information just like you say they do with Facebook.

Here's an article about the Canadian Senate having discussions with the big players involved with Bitcoin here in Canada....very good read.

http://www.coindesk.com/canadian-senate-meets-bitcoin-community-fact-finding-session/
Jump to: