Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 389. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
mint better do something big or it will slowly go away..
mintcoin must as soon as possible to be free of exchange for BTC
btc only advantage is the easy replacement for Fiats

Only if we have the same recognized its value
Its price could fly to the moon
Activity: 87
I'm wondering if there is a bug in the client in how it reports balance. I'm convinced my balance is too high, other users seem to suggest it is too low. I am going to attempt to transfer my MNT to another address tonight to confirm whether it's a true balance.
Activity: 100
mintcoin must as soon as possible to be free of exchange for BTC
btc only advantage is the easy replacement for Fiats
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Anyone wants to get rid of their MINT. Heres a way to trade some for good hardware:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6169027

Smiley

I don't mean to discourage anyone from buying your stuff, because yes, it really is good hardware... But I couldn't help it...it just reminds me of this:

Do you understand now?

Have you finally seen the light?
Mintcoin makes mining obsolete.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
The entire concept of "Currency" is to create "Value" and that value has to have a common denominator, otherwise it will not work.

Now, if we get into the aspect of the real world economics, then there most definitely has to be a correlation to fiat currency, because the business that imports goods from Japan, China or India will have to pay not only for the goods, but the shipping costs, the excise taxes, as well as import duties and then employee wages to stock and sell those goods. You would never be able to pay all those costs without having a set value to them based on something...somewhere...

No matter what the initial cost if the circle was round then yes you would be able to buy all this with crypto. Let's say I buy product X for 100k Mint. of this 10k would go to shipping, 30 to company, 20 to factory and maybe 5 to worker. Worker would buy food for 2k. And farmer gets his mint for all the products he sells. Then buying fertilizer from my fertelizing company and voila. No need for fiat since everyone accepts mint as legal tender and sets his or her own price based on what others have set for prices and thus what you are able to trade with it.

In the current world of crypto however you are right. Since crypto is used as both a currency as well as an investment there is no way to have a set value (value set by the people accepting and offering) cause one one hand we have a way of trading but on the other it is linked with btc and thus linked with fiat. Investors/traders play the market and thus create and almost always unstable market.

Currency has come a long ways since trading four smooth shiny stones for a dead magpie, and crypto currencies are just another step on that path.  
Definately. It went from shiny stones, to shiny metals, to paper (or stones) backed by metals, to papers linked to each other untill we arrive at today where it is just paper and the person making the paper says how much it is worth/ how much value it has.
example : (yes it was a real bill and wasnt able to buy you more then a bread at one point.)
Zimbabwe dollar doesnt exist anymore but paper still holds value since it has such an absurd number on it it has become a collectors item. So something that had value then didnt, now has real value again simply because people gave it value.

Cryptos will never ever replace fiat currencies, at best, after a very long period of time, they will co-exist with each other at best.
Satoshi designed and developed a wonderful thing, the problem being, is that a select few with deep pockets saw the potential to turn it into a means to fill those deep pockets further and now we have to accept that fact and move forward with changes along the way. You are going to see in the next year or so, governments starting to impose regulations on BTC and altcoins, for the simple fact that they want their cut as well, and once this happens, fiat and cryptos are then married to each other.
Yup yup and yup! I agree wholeheartedly. crypto is still a great idea, but fiat and crypto are already married to each other unfortunately. Soon taxes and rest will follow. But that only brings me back to my original tought. That it could be wise to start looking at crypto as an alternative currency (not as a replacement) Use it to trade for stuff. And not just trade for fiat. As the marriage between crypto and fiat does more harm in my opinion then good. Something can still have value without being linked to a price. (Like a painting can have value but only get a price after an art appraiser hangs a fiat price on it)

And as i stated in my first post starting this Smiley
I realise ofc this is a uthopian thought as we all are in some way driven by greed. And even when trading merchants will look for a price to match a trade. But the more people try to abandon the tought of price the more crypto will flourish as it was once intended.
I get that crypto will never replace fiat in our current world. Like you said will co-exist at best. Just wanted to say that if you can, try not to look to much at how much btc it is currently worth and how much $ btc is currently at and calculate how much you gained/lost.
Just wanted to say, if you can, just look at the merchant section, start there and see what you can trade for your mints.
Activity: 546
Anyone wants to get rid of their MINT. Heres a way to trade some for good hardware:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6169027

Smiley
Activity: 230
Merit: 100

You're wrong. Central banks and debt swapping go along with fiat currency, there's no reason why cryptos can't replace them in the long run. To say they will always co-exist implies they will become the same thing. If you can get paid in cryptos and use them for all merchant transactions, then fiat just becomes a relic. On the other hand if institutions start lending you cryptos and courts punish you for not repaying them then the fiat system has just migrated to the digital space.

As much as we all would love for this to happen, it never will as we are witnessing right now with governments (China) Threatening banks if they do business with crypto currency exchanges. I know and understand the "Concept" behind BTC and the rest of the crypto world, but this does not take away from the fact that fiat will always be a government controlled currency.

As far as them becoming the "Same Thing", basically they are. It's no different if I went down to the river and panned a few nuggets of gold, I can then exchange that for fiat, or trade it for goods and services at some places that will accept it for what it's worth....Based on Fiat...

Cryptos will never ever replace fiat currencies, at best, after a very long period of time, they will co-exist with each other at best. I also think that within a year, you'll see far less altcoins still in existence. There are just far too many coins being released every week and this has so much to do with existing coins losing value. It's like the iPhone craze, every so often a new iPhone is released and everyone rushes out to get one, then when the next one comes out, they do it all over again....but where are all those old iPhone's now, and how much are they worth?

Satoshi designed and developed a wonderful thing, the problem being, is that a select few with deep pockets saw the potential to turn it into a means to fill those deep pockets further and now we have to accept that fact and move forward with changes along the way. You are going to see in the next year or so, governments starting to impose regulations on BTC and altcoins, for the simple fact that they want their cut as well, and once this happens, fiat and cryptos are then married to each other.
Activity: 185
I moved my wallet today because it was on win xp.  It started minting like crazy but one mined transaction still has zero confirms after over 6 hours and it says the net amount is a negative number.  any ideas?  also there are confirmed mints before and after this one

Prob just an orphaned block.  Did one verify after that was roughly the same amount?

The second and third mints after that were about the same amount.  How long til it shows as orphaned?

I think it will just stay the way it is, but never confirm.
That's an orphaned PoS block, it won't confirm anymore. You can ignore the net amount it shows in transaction details.

When you create a PoS block, you send out a transaction back to yourself with an included "negative fee". That negative fee becomes your positive minted amount. If the block gets orphaned, UI shows the sent amount as negative, although there's no change in your balance (or coinage) because nothing's sent or received. It's a display issue in transactions UI and in show transaction details -- they need to display the information with more details not to confuse anyone.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I try to talk about both. If the price is moving, (which it is right now) it is worth a mention.

As with all crypto price is a must. But i do really hope one day in the near future we can get away from looking at prices and converting them for dolars, euros, yens and whatnot's. Whole point of crypto was essentionally not a way to get more of those but instead to create an alternative currency!
So when you can try to think value not price. (yes, its a difference and its big)

Price is what you sell it for -> get more of the dying and corrupt goverment controlled fiat.
Value is what you can get for it -> trading for stuff you might want/need.

I realise ofc this is a uthopian thought as we all are in some way driven by greed. And even when trading merchants will look for a price to match a trade. But the more people try to abandon the tought of price the more crypto will flourish as it was once intended.

http://behindthecoin.com/threads/126-The-creation-of-value?highlight=creation

The whole concept of crypto currencies is, and always will be about "Money" and the "Value" of the crypto coin. No matter how much you hope that the day will come that crypto's will not be valued in proportion to any fiat currency, that day will never come...sorry to say.

You're wrong. Central banks and debt swapping go along with fiat currency, there's no reason why cryptos can't replace them in the long run. To say they will always co-exist implies they will become the same thing. If you can get paid in cryptos and use them for all merchant transactions, then fiat just becomes a relic. On the other hand if institutions start lending you cryptos and courts punish you for not repaying them then the fiat system has just migrated to the digital space.
Activity: 230
I try to talk about both. If the price is moving, (which it is right now) it is worth a mention.

As with all crypto price is a must. But i do really hope one day in the near future we can get away from looking at prices and converting them for dolars, euros, yens and whatnot's. Whole point of crypto was essentionally not a way to get more of those but instead to create an alternative currency!
So when you can try to think value not price. (yes, its a difference and its big)

Price is what you sell it for -> get more of the dying and corrupt goverment controlled fiat.

The whole concept of crypto currencies is, and always will be about "Money" and the "Value" of the crypto coin. No matter how much you hope that the day will come that crypto's will not be valued in proportion to any fiat currency, that day will never come...sorry to say.

The entire concept of "Currency" is to create "Value" and that value has to have a common denominator, otherwise it will not work. If there was no set value to compare one altcoin from the other, then there is no need for so many altcoins. Also, one BTC would be worth the same as one Fedora coin, even though there are far less BTC's than Fedora's, without having something to set the value comparison too, they would be both worth the same amount. Ten BTC for a goat, or ten Fedora's for a goat.

Now, if we get into the aspect of the real world economics, then there most definitely has to be a correlation to fiat currency, because the business that imports goods from Japan, China or India will have to pay not only for the goods, but the shipping costs, the excise taxes, as well as import duties and then employee wages to stock and sell those goods. You would never be able to pay all those costs without having a set value to them based on something...somewhere...

Currency has come a long ways since trading four smooth shiny stones for a dead magpie, and crypto currencies are just another step on that path.  
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Like bringing outside investor right now can bring a bad name to invest con alt and crypto. we must take things easy

this is a bumpy ride

Activity: 826
see my profile

I guess the MintWallet needs to be patched against www.heartbleed.com ?
Or does 1.8 already include that?   If not, is there an ETA for 1.9 ?  Thx a million!
The v1.8 wallet uses openssl 1.0.1g, which is not vulnerable to heartbleed (1.0.1g is the fix to the bug in 1.0.1) Smiley

Superb. Thanks.

I suggest to mention it in the OP:

Activity: 336

Activity: 868

Or does 1.8 already include that?   If not, is there an ETA for 1.9 ?  Thx a million!
The v1.8 wallet uses openssl 1.0.1g, which is not vulnerable to heartbleed (1.0.1g is the fix to the bug in 1.0.1) Smiley
Activity: 826
see my profile

Or does 1.8 already include that?   If not, is there an ETA for 1.9 ?  Thx a million!
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Activity: 64
You guys should not talk about the price. Talk about the merchant and technique development!

However, only the price can make our profit for our investors.
 Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Looks like it could rebound to the 400s

I have in one screen bitcoinwisdom and in the other the dialogs between opossition a Venezuelan goberment, what a night! jejejeje

403! reboud!
Activity: 429
Jump to: