Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 839. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Does anyone really care about the energy/resource "waste" of making money?
Of course, it's expensive overhead.

get outa here lol
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Greetings,

I'm considering investing in Mintcoin but can't wrap my mind around something which I would appreciate help with.

1.  POS starts when a coin has been in your wallet for 20 days, correct?  If I have 1 coin in my wallet for 20 days then add 1 million more, do those 1 million automatically become eligible for POS or do they have to go 20 days?

2.  If it is the latter, doesn't that make people not want to spend their coin as they then lose out on the POS?

Thank you.

I think you are missing the whole message behind Mintcoin. It is a Proof of Stake (PoS) coin not a Proof of Work (PoW). Big difference.
Greetings,

I'm considering investing in Mintcoin but can't wrap my mind around something which I would appreciate help with.

1.  POS starts when a coin has been in your wallet for 20 days, correct?  If I have 1 coin in my wallet for 20 days then add 1 million more, do those 1 million automatically become eligible for POS or do they have to go 20 days?

2.  If it is the latter, doesn't that make people not want to spend their coin as they then lose out on the POS?

Thank you.
1. No, I believe each coin has to mature to become eligible. It's not a matter of the first transaction reaching a certain number of confirmations, or something along those lines.
2. I wouldn't think so, as long as the original principle wasn't touched your holding would in effect be earning a residual income you could either save or spend. Look at the public, they could could be saving their fiat and investing it, but they spend it. People want stuff.
Activity: 294
Greetings,

1.  POS starts when a coin has been in your wallet for 20 days, correct?  If I have 1 coin in my wallet for 20 days then add 1 million more, do those 1 million automatically become eligible for POS or do they have to go 20 days?

2.  If it is the latter, doesn't that make people not want to spend their coin as they then lose out on the POS?

Thank you.

PoS coins are great for hoarding, and being pumped, and being a ponzi scheme.
non bag holder sad
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Greetings,

Thank you.

PoS coins are great for hoarding, and being pumped, and being a ponzi scheme.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Greetings,

Thank you.
It's only ~1% every 20 days, so it's not /that/ huge of a concern. Plus, you only lose the PoS from the coins you move around, any amount that stay static for 20 days will increase.
If Dogecoin and Vertcoin had the Proof of Stake feature, both coins would be sitting on very high numbers. If you have a stake in Mintcoin, give yourself a pat on the back.

Give me a logical explanation as to why PoS is superior.

All I see is

Extreme early adopter dominance, inflation, and stagnation.

You seriously think this will catch on? It's being pumped.
The waste of energy for PoW cannot be justified when there is a more efficient alternative available.

Does anyone really care about the energy/resource "waste" of making money? Let's just stop making movies and superfluous consumer goods.

If anything crypto-currencies fight the flaws of fiat.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Greetings,

Thank you.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Conversations here just go round in circles constantly. Guess it should be expected. Roll Eyes
If Dogecoin and Vertcoin had the Proof of Stake feature, both coins would be sitting on very high numbers. If you have a stake in Mintcoin, give yourself a pat on the back.

All I see is

The waste of energy for PoW cannot be justified when there is a more efficient alternative available.
Activity: 56
http://www.followthecoin.com/mintcoin-interview/ our latest interview is up. This time we spoke with the MintCoin team.
+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btWMzlhOlnY

Nice Video
I like the voice!  ha ha.   

Really a great one, more people should watch it!

Guys, I'm contacting Bter and Btc38 at the same time, to ask them to list Mintcoin on their exchanges, hopefully they'll add it soon.
Activity: 294
The coin starts to be overpumped, correction needed or the falling knife will be deadly.
again, selling this coin is very bad, people are going to be so sad for not letting POS kick in

All I see is

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
The coin starts to be overpumped, correction needed or the falling knife will be deadly.

I don't think the correction will come in the next 12 hours
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future

GTFO trying to lure innocent sellers. Warren buffett would slap you

agreed, it's the feature that is going to make or break new coins
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Hi,

How do I mine mintcoin? I have the wallet up and running, but the way I understood, I need something more (cgminer?)

I create a .bat file (I am on Windows) with this:
Code:
  color 02
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    C:\Users\Administrateur\Downloads\cgminer-3.9.0-windows\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mnt.allpoolz.com:3333 -u miner.1 -p x -I 13 -g 1 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 6144

And what are these "pool" and "stratum" things I keep hearing about everywhere?

Thank you.

Who is David Latapie?  From the recent posts, it seems that posters to this thread think he is the developer of Mintcoin.  It seems a few days ago he was asking questions on how to mine and using the wrong CGminer on top of that.  Now he is getting props as the developer?  Would someone please explain.   This whole thread is so comical.   There are other odd posts of his too.  Now he is an esteemed expert and possible developer 10 days later.  Only on the internet!

As the person who had the original idea behind Mintcoin, I find his actions reprehensible....Wink
Activity: 42
Hi,

How do I mine mintcoin? I have the wallet up and running, but the way I understood, I need something more (cgminer?)

I create a .bat file (I am on Windows) with this:
Code:
  color 02
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    C:\Users\Administrateur\Downloads\cgminer-3.9.0-windows\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mnt.allpoolz.com:3333 -u miner.1 -p x -I 13 -g 1 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 6144

And what are these "pool" and "stratum" things I keep hearing about everywhere?

Thank you.

Who is David Latapie?  From the recent posts, it seems that posters to this thread think he is the developer of Mintcoin.  It seems a few days ago he was asking questions on how to mine and using the wrong CGminer on top of that.  Now he is getting props as the developer?  Would someone please explain.   This whole thread is so comical.   There are other odd posts of his too.  Now he is an esteemed expert and possible developer 10 days later.  Only on the internet!

He isn't part of the DEV team. He however had huge part in community management along with Shibeon, Alty, Delaforetnoire which I believe had huge impact on the growth we've seen the last 3 weeks.

Thank you.  I retract my comment and apologize to David.  Props are in order!
Activity: 56
http://www.followthecoin.com/mintcoin-interview/ our latest interview is up. This time we spoke with the MintCoin team.
+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btWMzlhOlnY

Nice Video
I like the voice!  ha ha.   

Really a great one, more people should watch it!
Jump to: