Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 840. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Gotta hand it do the Devs and Mintcoin, i didn't see anything setting this apart from Karma, Topcoin, Penguin or any other penny altcoin but the hype train has taken this far.

Being different in a sea of copies probably helps. There are things about this coin that appeals to some part of our unconscious. We can't help but want to be part of it. What is to come soon is exciting and never explored before.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Hi,

How do I mine mintcoin? I have the wallet up and running, but the way I understood, I need something more (cgminer?)

I create a .bat file (I am on Windows) with this:
Code:
  color 02
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    C:\Users\Administrateur\Downloads\cgminer-3.9.0-windows\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mnt.allpoolz.com:3333 -u miner.1 -p x -I 13 -g 1 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 6144

And what are these "pool" and "stratum" things I keep hearing about everywhere?

Thank you.

Who is David Latapie?  From the recent posts, it seems that posters to this thread think he is the developer of Mintcoin.  It seems a few days ago he was asking questions on how to mine and using the wrong CGminer on top of that.  Now he is getting props as the developer?  Would someone please explain.   This whole thread is so comical.   There are other odd posts of his too.  Now he is an esteemed expert and possible developer 10 days later.  Only on the internet!

He isn't part of the DEV team. He however had huge part in community management along with Shibeon, Alty, Delaforetnoire which I believe had huge impact on the growth we've seen the last 3 weeks.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Bayern
Gotta hand it do the Devs and Mintcoin, i didn't see anything setting this apart from Karma, Topcoin, Penguin or any other penny altcoin but the hype train has taken this far.
You're joking right? Mintcoin seems like just another clone coin to you??

Did you not notice the PoS or anything about it?

That's nothing really new. The devs just did a great job on the whole infrastructure of Mintcoin and it shows in the price, plus a lot of people are promoting it on twittter. Hype,speculation,Marketing is what drives these markets, look at dogecoin.
Activity: 294
Gentle reminder to folks that are new to this game. Please don't invest more than you can afford to to lose in any crypto. We are all playing pass the hot potato.
Also. ATM there are 16 billion coins floating around. Please keep in mind how fucking big this is. 16,000,000,000 so 999 million x 16.
1 million is currently valued at 0.4 btc

On a more positive note, I will be on irc #mintcoin on freenode in a few to do a giveaway for those that need more.

I'll be glad to pick up the free interest on those millions
Activity: 294
You have 3 options with with this coin: Buy, Hodl, or regret. Cool
Gentle reminder to folks that are new to this game. Please don't invest more than you can afford to to lose in any crypto. We are all playing pass the hot potato.
Also. ATM there are 16 billion coins floating around. Please keep in mind how fucking big this is. 16,000,000,000 so 999 million x 16.
1 million is currently valued at 0.4 btc

On a more positive note, I will be on irc #mintcoin on freenode in a few to do a giveaway for those that need more.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Smashing rocks with my GPU
You're joking right? Mintcoin seems like just another clone coin to you??

Did you not notice the PoS or anything about it?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hi,

How do I mine mintcoin? I have the wallet up and running, but the way I understood, I need something more (cgminer?)

I create a .bat file (I am on Windows) with this:
Code:
  color 02
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    C:\Users\Administrateur\Downloads\cgminer-3.9.0-windows\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mnt.allpoolz.com:3333 -u miner.1 -p x -I 13 -g 1 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 6144

And what are these "pool" and "stratum" things I keep hearing about everywhere?

Thank you.

Who is David Latapie?  From the recent posts, it seems that posters to this thread think he is the developer of Mintcoin.  It seems a few days ago he was asking questions on how to mine and using the wrong CGminer on top of that.  Now he is getting props as the developer?  Would someone please explain.   This whole thread is so comical.   There are other odd posts of his too.  Now he is an esteemed expert and possible developer 10 days later.  Only on the internet!
Bayern
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Does hashstrike ever work?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
Are we getting dumped yet?

This guy has been trolling for the past week or 2 pay him no attention.

Probably panic sold on the correction from 20 to 12 :L
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

This guy has been trolling for the past week or 2 pay him no attention.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

Up to 1300 BTC volume in last 24 hours and rising, so nope Smiley
Xmm
Activity: 440
Well, who wants to enjoy the misfortunes of others?  Grin

Trade ID                Type  Related Order        Market                       Time                          Price           Amount                               Total           Fee                     Net Total
x2M2-xxx06451     SELL ACSG-xxxxxxxxxx    MINT/BTC        2014-02-21 07:48:24          0.00000013     714507.72188829              0.09288601    0.00013933            0.09274668
xERX-xxx90428     SELL ACSG-xxxxxxxxxx    MINT/BTC       2014-02-21 07:46:44           0.00000013    2715492.27811171              0.35301399   0.00052952            0.35248447

for 3.4 million MINT only 0.45 Btc  Cry

Attention! The scheduled DUMP has been cancelled until further notice. Please resume making money.
Activity: 238
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Network Info
Difficulty   92.06727946
Est Next Difficulty   97.11169237 (Change in 1375 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   0 minutes 28 seconds
Current Block   49025

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I could care less if Cryptsy added Mint, I hope they don't actually. It prob would overload their servers like DOGE did and take many hours- days to confirm deposits.

If Mintpal added HBN & DGC I would jump the Cryptsy ship.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
http://www.followthecoin.com/mintcoin-interview/ our latest interview is up. This time we spoke with the MintCoin team.

Thanks! I posted part of it on mintcoin-central.com

http://mintcoin-central.com/interview-of-the-mintcoin-developpers/

Awesome  Marketing.

Paying for Editorials.  Hire some writers.  Put some pre-mined to work.

Hey are there any Writers in the crowd?    Get the press rolling.  Media blackout on the big sites.
Time to contact the editor.

One article or interview will feed into more.

http://virtualmining.com/page/3/
http://bitcoinnews24.com/

Hit up there editors.  

Another note:   Start pressing on trading in USD.  Be the first.  We need it to trade in USD and CNY.  It will be liquid and a beautiful hedge in troubled waters.   We don't want to be connected to the hip with BTC.  Well -  who knows?

Ads - Marketing - Finance - Interest Bearing is a whole new ballgame.

Contact Wedbush Morgan they have a Bitcoin department.  Finance section of the WALL STREET JOURNAL.   Trader's Magazines.
Moving abroad Websites .......         Great interview.

There was an initiative for contacting bloggers but it didn't went through. Too much work I guess?

http://redd.it/1yih05

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dnwsZisCAp7EF5JWqVqqX3p_cHYh-fKYqyCEXlmVXKc/
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
160498.514806 MINT in my wallet, and I feel like a giddy millionaire lottery winner!  Cool
Jump to: