Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 837. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The problem of crypto is that it always repeats the same stupid model.

First phase - nobody cares, its called "randomisation phase". Just a coin release and nobody knows what will happen. You cant own them all because there are gazillions of coins coming to the market so even the best investor has to satisfy with random luck when choosing which coin should "make it".

Second phase - pump. It depends only on the success of its own success. Market cap or future market cap is totally irrelevant. Pumped coins get more pumped and point attraction. Its typical for them that the value reaches the value which the coin would get in few months or years in the best scenario of its future.

Third phase - dump. After peaking there appears a dump which takes usually few weeks. People realize that the value is really too big and start selling. It takes a while until the coin loses all value made by pump. Then usually comes the next phase  

4th phase - re-pump. When the value gets low enough and the coin gets slowly forgotten, there usually comes a re-pump usually made by new hype, few whales or just because it has fallen to satoshi value and technically it cant drop more. Because the coin is slowly forgotten, not too many sellers are active and watching the market so the pump is now possible again.

And then follows the 5th phase - last dump. After the last pump and dump the coin is usually stabilizing and being useless for Pump and Dump so it gets totally forgotten and left by everybody who is trading it for profit only and now the coin must show up his real abilities and innovation.

No coin has survived the 5th phase yet except bitcoin and maybe litecoin (however its discutable because litecoin has no real use). Doge is now between 4th and 5th phase. Mint is at 2nd phase.

Its very annoying that the price went to insane hights and we still dont know even a shit about its functionality. Will do the PoS work? Will the PoS be positive? The coin is one big pre-order, you pay for something what didnt show up yet. And its very annoying for real investors because they cant make a fair buy-in when the coin shows some potential. Just because they will come too late in potential dump phase no matter how well the coin will work.

In the meantime, that premine is going to make the creators bank

Mintcoin is unique, being negative about it won't get you anywhere. Maybe invest in Karmacoin, you might need it.

Really? Cause I see PoS implemented in Peercoin and Ultracoin, as well as various others.

To my knowledge, no coins are purely POS. Only mint does (after 5 weeks of mining)

Or lack thereof. Mintcoin is the quickest coin to jump to PoS stage. Yes, that's it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
20% per year every year is not sustainable that is why it declines the following years to a 5% sustainable rate.

Why isn't 20% sustainable?
Activity: 210

First phase - nobody cares, its called "randomisation phase". Just a coin release and nobody knows what will happen. You cant own them all because there are gazillions of coins coming to the market so even the best investor has to satisfy with random luck when choosing which coin should "make it".

Second phase - pump. It depends only on the success of its own success. Market cap or future market cap is totally irrelevant. Pumped coins get more pumped and point attraction. Its typical for them that the value reaches the value which the coin would get in few months or years in the best scenario of its future.

Third phase - dump. After peaking there appears a dump which takes usually few weeks. People realize that the value is really too big and start selling. It takes a while until the coin loses all value made by pump. Then usually comes the next phase  

4th phase - re-pump. When the value gets low enough and the coin gets slowly forgotten, there usually comes a re-pump usually made by new hype, few whales or just because it has fallen to satoshi value and technically it cant drop more. Because the coin is slowly forgotten, not too many sellers are active and watching the market so the pump is now possible again.

And then follows the 5th phase - last dump. After the last pump and dump the coin is usually stabilizing and being useless for Pump and Dump so it gets totally forgotten and left by everybody who is trading it for profit only and now the coin must show up his real abilities and innovation.

No coin has survived the 5th phase yet except bitcoin and maybe litecoin (however its discutable because litecoin has no real use). Doge is now between 4th and 5th phase. Mint is at 2nd phase.

Its very annoying that the price went to insane hights and we still dont know even a shit about its functionality. Will do the PoS work? Will the PoS be positive? The coin is one big pre-order, you pay for something what didnt show up yet. And its very annoying for real investors because they cant make a fair buy-in when the coin shows some potential. Just because they will come too late in potential dump phase no matter how well the coin will work.

Mintcoin is unique, being negative about it won't get you anywhere. Maybe invest in Karmacoin, you might need it.

Really? Cause I see PoS implemented in Peercoin and Ultracoin, as well as various others.

To my knowledge, no coins are purely POS. Only mint does (after 5 weeks of mining)
Has anyone here successfully received coin via POS yet?  I understand it is 20% interest per year, but I'm real curious how that is calculated.  Is it compounding?  Daily interest?  Weekly?  Monthly?

Someone said POS will only begin after 5 weeks of initial distribution.
On the front page:

PoS will start after at least 20 days of holding of the coins in the wallet.

So if I have 5 million coins I will get 1 million in PoS interest after 20 days? That is effing awesome. I am liking this coin more and more all the time.
No, 20% /annually/. Aka, just over 1% every 20 days.

Bummer. A year is a long time to wait in the world of alt coins. But I guess 1% is ok. Can I get a loan on the interest I would be paid so I can use it right away without having to disturb my coins? Maybe get a loan for 5% interest so I can still make 15%?
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
20% per year every year is not sustainable that is why it declines the following years to a 5% sustainable rate.
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Has anyone here successfully received coin via POS yet?  I understand it is 20% interest per year, but I'm real curious how that is calculated.  Is it compounding?  Daily interest?  Weekly?  Monthly?

On the front page:

So if I have 5 million coins I will get 1 million in PoS interest after 20 days? That is effing awesome. I am liking this coin more and more all the time.

Over 1 year.  20% annually

Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

On the front page:

No, 20% /annually/. Aka, just over 1% every 20 days.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Gentle reminder to folks that are new to this game. Please don't invest more than you can afford to to lose in any crypto. We are all playing pass the hot potato.
Also. ATM there are 16 billion coins floating around. Please keep in mind how fucking big this is. 16,000,000,000 so 999 million x 16.
1 million is currently valued at 0.4 btc

On a more positive note, I will be on irc #mintcoin on freenode in a few to do a giveaway for those that need more.

Grats to WTM
2014-02-24 04:25:21   MINT   100000.20000000   0.20000000   MaRMUc6F9HR9BJf2zKR3p2FL2LJBSfe7Hy   0af4dee3eb7341de63e709c4ee2eba00cb1ec595c225b60c2670fac7394c12b8

On the front page:

Greetings,

I'm considering investing in Mintcoin but can't wrap my mind around something which I would appreciate help with.

1.  POS starts when a coin has been in your wallet for 20 days, correct?  If I have 1 coin in my wallet for 20 days then add 1 million more, do those 1 million automatically become eligible for POS or do they have to go 20 days?

2.  If it is the latter, doesn't that make people not want to spend their coin as they then lose out on the POS?

Thank you.

PoS coins are great for hoarding, and being pumped, and being a ponzi scheme.
Again pay no attention to this troll

Making a blunt and concise assessment of this situation is not being a troll. Do you know how many failed coins I've seen? In every one I try to enlighten people.

Ohhhh ok so your just being generous enough to follow a coin that you have no interest in just to enlighten the people who are interested in the coin? Makes sense lol

Also just so you know your "opinion" does not and will not matter in anyone's final decision besides your own.

It's not an opinion, these things are made to bubble.

Yes I have a shit load of free time, I like to browse and lurk coins.

I wish I could just make all the Trolls in troll land shutup. They can't see through the fog of their righteousness that this is the real deal. How can anyone miss it? All of you out there sitting on the fence or thinking that this coin is going away are in for a surprise. Just wait until the middle of March. There will be a lot of sorry people. Not that they aren't sorry already.

Not the first time I heard that promise
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

On the front page:

Activity: 140

I think the first PoS will begin in three days.

No idea how the interest works though.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Every 20 days coins that haven't moved increase. It's a little over 1%. I don't believe PoS is in effect yet.
Greetings,

I'm considering investing in Mintcoin but can't wrap my mind around something which I would appreciate help with.

1.  POS starts when a coin has been in your wallet for 20 days, correct?  If I have 1 coin in my wallet for 20 days then add 1 million more, do those 1 million automatically become eligible for POS or do they have to go 20 days?

2.  If it is the latter, doesn't that make people not want to spend their coin as they then lose out on the POS?

Thank you.

Making a blunt and concise assessment of this situation is not being a troll. Do you know how many failed coins I've seen? In every one I try to enlighten people.

Ohhhh ok so your just being generous enough to follow a coin that you have no interest in just to enlighten the people who are interested in the coin? Makes sense lol

Also just so you know your "opinion" does not and will not matter in anyone's final decision besides your own.

I wish I could just make all the Trolls in troll land shutup. They can't see through the fog of their righteousness that this is the real deal. How can anyone miss it? All of you out there sitting on the fence or thinking that this coin is going away are in for a surprise. Just wait until the middle of March. There will be a lot of sorry people. Not that they aren't sorry already.
Activity: 210

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Greetings,

1.  POS starts when a coin has been in your wallet for 20 days, correct?  If I have 1 coin in my wallet for 20 days then add 1 million more, do those 1 million automatically become eligible for POS or do they have to go 20 days?

2.  If it is the latter, doesn't that make people not want to spend their coin as they then lose out on the POS?

Thank you.

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
For those that missed the boat on MINT.

POS coins are catching on.  Yes they are finally beginning to understand.

There is a little under-looked alt coin.
I popped in to look at the graph.   Showing increased volume from no where.  You know why?
Cause it is a POS coin.   And people will be looking for bargain POS coins.

Well ColossusCoin is such!  and bout time to make a move.  Huge amount of coins.  Today's volume spike is different.

This coin is a perfect example on why you don't want Cryptsy.   Cruising through the blogs, I noticed Cryptsy has locked all withdraws on this coin.   So how do you get paid if you can;t put into your wallet.  You know why?  Cause crypsty wants the POS payout.

They got this coin Hyjacked just like IFC.  I do not log into Cryptsy, and want those coins at 16.   CoinUP BABY.  Let it ride!
Be careful, this coin has been around and has a huge float!

CoinedUP   and trade coins-E has a market barely.  I see this coin going higher in the POS realm.  Thanks for listening.  No I am not a spammer!  I think this is an opportunity in the same space.  Also think they are a competition, but hardly.    

But if you want a lottery ticket in the same sector, this could it.   Good luck all.

This sounds very interesting. Headed over to check it out. Won't be selling my Mint for it though. ColossusCoin you say. I like the name!! That is always a good start in my book.
Jump to: