Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 886. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Without searching through 100+ pages, can someone tell me the following - as it's NOT in the FAQ in the front.

Year one, your coins earn you 20% interest.
Year two, they only earn you 15% interest.

So, why not, at the end of year 1, simply transfer all your coins to a new wallet, and so the coins start earning 20% interest again (and not 15%)?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Coinyear is chained to entire blockchain, not to your personal address, balance or wallet. In other words, its calculated globally, not locally.
The only way to change interest is through hard fork.

OK, that makes sense.
On that basis, I take it the POS minted coins start to earn interest at the same rate as every other coin that exists? ie if you earn 1m POS coins in year 2, they only gain 15% interest?
I ask because I was under the impression that newly minted coins would start to earn 20% interest after 5 weeks of ownership..... which then led me to the question - if I trade some Mint, how does the buyer know that the coins they're buying are going to earn 20% / 15% / 10% etc - they have no idea how old the coins being sold actually are.

Coins are tied to the their address and block. Each coin is treated separately. Coin starts aging from the moment it lands to wallet. After aging for 20 days, it will start looking for PoS (interest) block.
If you send coins to another address, those coins age will reset. They start aging again and search PoS block again after 20 days.
Interest percentage is simply defined by blockchain block number. 2880 * 365 = 1051200 blocks are generated every year. If current block is < than 1051200, then interest is 20%. If its > than 1051200, then interest is 15%. If its > than 2*1051200, then interest is 10% and so on.
 Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Do you suggest to buy at this point?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Any thoughts on what actually caused the pump?
What are the MINT advantages over any other penny coin?

We had a reward halving today
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
I honestly think Mintcoin will be @ EAC prices pretty soon like next week? Shocked

when both prices proceed with this speed, it will be Sunday.
Activity: 196
Any thoughts on what actually caused the pump?
What are the MINT advantages over any other penny coin?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Without searching through 100+ pages, can someone tell me the following - as it's NOT in the FAQ in the front.

So, why not, at the end of year 1, simply transfer all your coins to a new wallet, and so the coins start earning 20% interest again (and not 15%)?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Coinyear is chained to entire blockchain, not to your personal address, balance or wallet. In other words, its calculated globally, not locally.

OK, that makes sense.
On that basis, I take it the POS minted coins start to earn interest at the same rate as every other coin that exists? ie if you earn 1m POS coins in year 2, they only gain 15% interest?
I ask because I was under the impression that newly minted coins would start to earn 20% interest after 5 weeks of ownership..... which then led me to the question - if I trade some Mint, how does the buyer know that the coins they're buying are going to earn 20% / 15% / 10% etc - they have no idea how old the coins being sold actually are.
That 40+ btc buy wall... some big whales is looking at this coin... don't sell now
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Same thing here you would be an idiot to sell your coins now. I have 9,5 million of them and I think they can obtain massive value in the next 2 months.
Activity: 156
Guido
I'm not going to sell for the next three years!!!

PD: if any problem occurs
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
i think that monday price will be over 20

I hope ... I almost 20mil MINT, I'm not sure whether to sell now or keep for the future

sell now and give others chance to make money
Activity: 224
LOL 41 BTC buy wall @ 13 sat.
Activity: 609

I hope ... I almost 20mil MINT, I'm not sure whether to sell now or keep for the future
Activity: 154
-> Come on to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!

To get plenty of fresh MintCoins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3445
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)
Activity: 126
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
Have taken a position in mintcoin when it was 7 satoshi. Am mining it now.

Very happy I did invest and point my miners to mintcoin.
Don't sell, you will regret soon
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
LOL, some one is pumping Mint! Notice to the pumpers, there are +15,802,877,226 coins waiting to DUMP!!!

This guy is angry he already sold all his.  The worst coins ever released with similar coin counts have hit 50 Satoshi.

All mint has to do is "not be the worst coin ever released" to get that high.  It literally only has to be better than Cagecoin to do it.

Could you be so smart to tell us the markecap based on your calculations?

See you in week 5, troll.

Week 0 - 4 sat
Week 1 - 8 sat
Week 2 - 16 sat
Week 3 - 32 sat
Week 4 - 64 sat
Week 5 - 128 sat
week 6 - 200+???

We are also in week 2 since it's release, so we are on schedule.
Keep holding those Mints, Minters! Fortune favours the bold.

I would rather predict each time price goes x1.5
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3207
Merit: 1181
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Activity: 546

Thanks in advance Smiley

Jump to: