Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 887. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Without searching through 100+ pages, can someone tell me the following - as it's NOT in the FAQ in the front.

Year one, your coins earn you 20% interest.
Year two, they only earn you 15% interest.

So, why not, at the end of year 1, simply transfer all your coins to a new wallet, and so the coins start earning 20% interest again (and not 15%)?

Thanks in advance Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
People were saying Mintcoin was a bubble @ 4 sats... you people amuse me!

Go back and read my earlier post in this thread about price predictions.

People really should start listening to me soon.  Wink
Activity: 294
It won't drop because people realize they are on a timer
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
is Coinoyo.com a scam site or not?
Please answer.
yes it is. dont send any coins. they got 10k of my topcoin
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Mintcoin rewards were halved at 40k blocks which made the price go up. Next Friday it should double in satoshis @ 60k blocks. Mintcoin is still very cheap now.

http://mintcoin-explorer.info/

After this bubble MintCoin price will find support around 8-10 sats.

Or, it could just go higher. . .
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Mintcoin rewards were halved at 40k blocks which made the price go up. Next Friday it should double in satoshis @ 60k blocks. Mintcoin is still very cheap now.

http://mintcoin-explorer.info/

After this bubble MintCoin price will find support around 8-10 sats.
Activity: 210
Next mission for the community must be to find some green project to support with MintCoins Smiley
Activity: 116
mining mints since launch... never sold a single coin and I only have bought more at 4, 5 and 6 satoshis.

what a great movement the last days. I'll not predict any prices but I think this coin has a great future and I'll surely hold all coins in my wallet.

keep up the great work!
still can't get the unlocking wallet to work
anyone want to help?

Explained on front page as langley explained to you. Type what it tells you to under console window
Some people might not know what the "console window" is.
Heres how to do (in windows, i don't know if its the same on other os):
1. Open your wallet
2. click on "Help"
3. Select "Debug window"
3. In the window that opens, select the "Console" tab
4. Type in the command and press enter

Command to unlock the wallet for one year for minting only if your password is "mypassword":
walletpassphrase mypassword 31536000 true

5. Close the console window

Now you will see that the lock in the bottom right corner is open meaning your wallet is unlocked.

If you close your wallet you have to unlock it again next time you open it
anyone want to help?

Explained on front page as langley explained to you. Type what it tells you to under console window
Activity: 546
How is it calculated when you transfer coins out?

e.g assuming I mined 5 mil in my wallet on day 1, I then mine 500k today into my wallet then transfer out 500k to exchange to sell.  Does it take your earliest accumulated coins so I only have 4.5 earning interest from day 1?

Yeah. I believe so at this point. Coin control will probably be implemented later but for now if you really want to get around this you could create multiple wallets. Have a wallet for saving and minting and another wallet for transactions.

I belive "sendmoney" takes coins randomly from the balance. I have not found lines in source code where it says to be regulated in any way.  Im interested to know about it as well.
Theres also a -reservebalance (amount) option, but i quess this also takes coins randomly from balance and doesnt protect your earlier coins from resetting coinage.
Since all PoS hybrids are clones of PPC/Nova, perhaps this is already answered in PPC thread. Need to google a bit.
Activity: 112
Wow, i'm so startled that rate is doubled, i sold my mints @ 8sat Cheesy
Activity: 67
It's still time to join us on http://mnt.coins4everyone.com

We were on the early launch ready for the good noises that smell this coin is not a simple copy and we will be there until the end !

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

e.g assuming I mined 5 mil in my wallet on day 1, I then mine 500k today into my wallet then transfer out 500k to exchange to sell.  Does it take your earliest accumulated coins so I only have 4.5 earning interest from day 1?

Yeah. I believe so at this point. Coin control will probably be implemented later but for now if you really want to get around this you could create multiple wallets. Have a wallet for saving and minting and another wallet for transactions.
Activity: 434

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Someone is doing a superb job at pumping the price Smiley

So you think this price is artificial and will tank eventually?

No, I think mint has a bright future but the big buy order keeps going up and down manipulating the price Smiley
anyone want to help?

Are you sure you got your password correct? Try to send some to an exchange to test it.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

I'm of the mind that people are just finally discovering mint and that it's still relatively super low. Seriously, 6-7 satoshi each was insanely low price. Now that it's on coinmarket, and nice looking sub reddit has been made, mint confidence is finally being had.

Proof is in the puddin', bro. Considering the net hash is also like 4x what it was before, currently at 8ghs.
Activity: 89
wallet works; very much thanks
Activity: 154

Jump to: