Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 888. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Someone is doing a superb job at pumping the price Smiley
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
still can't get the unlocking wallet to work
anyone want to help?
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Trades went as high as 15 satoshi earlier, right now balancing between 11-12! Shocked
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Good job mint ! And this is only the beggining.
http://www.mintcointalk.com/ - looks great !
Also the i am sure the dev's will come out soon with detailed information on all questions asked.
The team that is working on the web page, advertising is awesome so the future is bright.
I for one will start donating a lot after the web page is ready !
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Price going up pretty well!

Shocked
Activity: 210
Back up your wallet first. Anytime you do anything back up your wallet, at least that's what i do
Activity: 213
I'm running MintcoinQT on Mac OS X and I'm getting a message:  Info:  Minting suspended due to locked wallet.
Because I encrypted my wallet.  What should I do to enable minting?

It's in the very first post of this thread.

3. what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet?
This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted.
you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks):
mintcoin-qt -server
mintcoind walletpassphrase true

Use the "walletpassphrase true" in console to unlock it.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I'm running MintcoinQT on Mac OS X and I'm getting a message:  Info:  Minting suspended due to locked wallet.
Because I encrypted my wallet.  What should I do to enable minting?
Activity: 154
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
what i know is mint is the only potential competitor to great Doge!!!!
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
diff is pretty high on this one, good concepts
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1260
How is Kittehcoin a crap coin? Do some research before you throw ignorant statements out there like that. Kittehcoin dev team are really working hard and the relaunch has been a success, its not all about price.

Because there's no reason for 90% of PoW coins to exist?  They at least need a different mining algorithm, or different economic model to not go to 0.

It doesn't help that Kittehcoin was released 2 days after "Catcoin".

So basically, Kittehcoin was a crapcoin, BASED on a crapcoin.
Activity: 213
LOL, some one is pumping Mint! Notice to the pumpers, there are +15,802,877,226 coins waiting to DUMP!!!

This guy is angry he already sold all his.  The worst coins ever released with similar coin counts have hit 50 Satoshi.

All mint has to do is "not be the worst coin ever released" to get that high.  It literally only has to be better than Cagecoin to do it.

Could you be so smart to tell us the markecap based on your calculations?

Haven't calculated for mintcoin, but I once calculated if Dogecoin hit the same market cap as Bitcoin it would be 34 cents a coin, Mint will have less coins than doge, so the far far extreme most optimistic possibility would put it above that.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
LOL, some one is pumping Mint! Notice to the pumpers, there are +15,802,877,226 coins waiting to DUMP!!!

Not so sure. There seems to be a lot of people mining this coin. Difficulty is considerably high.
Activity: 168

This guy is angry he already sold all his.  The worst coins ever released with similar coin counts have hit 50 Satoshi.

All mint has to do is "not be the worst coin ever released" to get that high.  It literally only has to be better than Cagecoin to do it.

Could you be so smart to tell us the markecap based on your calculations?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Bayern
I shall sell them at 100 satoshis, so that will still take quite some time Smiley

Crap coins like Kittehcoin that have 100 billion units hit 50 Satoshi.  After mint mining is over, there will be 20 billion coins out vs Kittehcoin's current 7 billion.  Assuming Mint was as horrible as Kittehcoin, which it's not, it would hit 17 Satoshi in the near future.  Assuming it was better, then 20+ Satoshi in the next week or two is easily possible.  Factor in block rewards going to nothing, that should increase exchange demand as well.

The last comparison is obviously Dogecoin.  I would give mint a conservative rock bottom peak of 50 Satoshi within a month or two.  It could catch on, go higher, and reach that 100+ level though.  If mint totally bombed out for whatever reason, and was worse than every coin except Cagecoin, it's still going to go to at least 30.  30 is worst case scenario.  All it has to do to hit 50 is match what the PoW clone coins have hit.

How is Kittehcoin a crap coin? Do some research before you throw ignorant statements out there like that. Kittehcoin dev team are really working hard and the relaunch has been a success, its not all about price.
legendary
Activity: 1260

Jump to: