Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 918. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Last Price:

24 Hour High:

24 Hour Low:

Trade Volume:
66.587 BTC

Tongue

Have not sold one Mint, yay!

I think you have forgotten a zero there  Wink

70 satoshi would be great, but it´s more like 7.
Activity: 100
I have this weird feeling that im going to make a lot of money off mining this coin these 5 weeks. 122 pages and it feels like nobody knows about it yet.
It's a sleeper, and still early. Those who know of it, mine it.  Cool

We should be telling everyone about it. The more that know and the more that have it the better for everyone. Scream it from the ROOF TOPS! I know I do , my neighbor keeps looked at me kind of weird but I be he went back inside and googled mint coin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I have this weird feeling that im going to make a lot of money off mining this coin these 5 weeks. 122 pages and it feels like nobody knows about it yet.

I used to have the same feeling about every coin back in December , then reality kicked in Smiley))
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Smashing rocks with my GPU
It's a sleeper, and still early. Those who know of it, mine it.  Cool
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 100
Okay everyone Lots in the work this week to bring this coin to the next level. First off, thank you to everyone who is volunteering your time and energy on such a great coin. Special thanks to David Latapie for pulling all of this together. Also everyone keep voting keep spreading the good word of MintCoin. Lots of things going to be happening here soon so stay tuned. New art, more videos, a new website, the subreddit freshened up and much much more. I know the question has come up of being traded against BTC or LTC but why not both maybe even Doge. The more the merrier, more options for people and potential community members.

Okay so there is still much to do and if anyone has any skills they would like to volunteer let either me or David Latapie know we will point you in the right direction. I know there are a few people working on the webpage. I would also like to mention that we need a mint tip bot and there will be a bounty if you can get it running. PM me if you have any questions.  Also if you have any questions about anything or need help in anyway. I am here most of the time but I can also be reached by email at [email protected]
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I saw some complains about wallet sync, I never experience such issues. Usually within 1 min after I start the wallet there will be some connections established. Anyway here are some of my peers, try addnode if you have connection issues:
addnode=209.190.29.2
addnode=62.178.31.2
addnode=50.22.219.230
addnode=115.29.224.192
addnode=91.228.76.83
addnode=115.28.144.5
addnode=192.99.15.50
addnode=91.231.140.112
addnode=37.145.227.52

The irc code looks the same as other coins such as world coin, so I don't think the connection will be any worse than these coins. Of course in every single coin's thread, I always see some people complain about unable to connect. This should possibly due to some special settings of the computer or network.

Thanks, I got two active network connections on the mac wallet now, although there should be more
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
I saw some complains about wallet sync, I never experience such issues. Usually within 1 min after I start the wallet there will be some connections established. Anyway here are some of my peers, try addnode if you have connection issues:
addnode=209.190.29.2
addnode=62.178.31.2
addnode=50.22.219.230
addnode=115.29.224.192
addnode=91.228.76.83
addnode=115.28.144.5
addnode=192.99.15.50
addnode=91.231.140.112
addnode=37.145.227.52

The irc code looks the same as other coins such as world coin, so I don't think the connection will be any worse than these coins. Of course in every single coin's thread, I always see some people complain about unable to connect. This should possibly due to some special settings of the computer or network.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
There's been once or twice where my wallet took a bit to start syncing, but overall it's worked just fine.
Activity: 56
Seriously guys, the wallet is not in good shape. I usually open it every couple of days and for hours there's just no active connection. I've already all the nodes posted in these threads.

I have not experienced any type of wallet issues and I have shut down my wallet and restarted it with no sync problems.

edit: I am using the windows wallet.

For me, windows wallet syncs very well, no need to set up any conf file, no problem at all. But for mac wallet, it's not syncing smoothly even after I made a conf file
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Seriously guys, the wallet is not in good shape. I usually open it every couple of days and for hours there's just no active connection. I've already all the nodes posted in these threads.

I am just using the nodes listed on the announce page, it takes a while sometimes, but it always syncs for me.  But yes, it will sit there for 10 minutes looking like it is doing nothing before it does sometimes.  I don't know, been hearing a lot of complaints of this though so if there is a legit problem hopefully the dev is on it.

I'm not mining mint, but I am following it closely. I should say that there is something wrong. It's probably not the wallet because the p2p code is the same as for most other coins (although I haven't looked at Mint's code yet). But when I give the client the full list of nodes in MintCoin.conf, it can't connect to any. It finally connects to a pool in China and can sink from there.

I think that this set of symptoms can only come from two sources:

1. DDOS attack, where the conf nodes listed in the topic post are specifically targeted.
2. Everyone has the same conf file copied from the topic post and all of the nodes in the list are maxed out (i.e. maxconnections=100). It then takes the client some time to stumble on working peers.

In my experience, Mint's behavior in syncing is just barely better than dying coins, so it might be a good idea to address this problem sooner rather than later.

Well It does take slower then most wallets to sync, but when i leave the wallet on for a long time, i get more and more connections.
I have 12 active connections now, and just decided i would leave the wallet open for the time im behind the pc, so i dont loose any connections.
The dev's said they are working really hard behind the scenes, and the coin is only 10 days old.
So we will just have to wait with what the dev will come up with in the next week.
But the community has shown it has great potential, Alot of people want to help and the logo's that has been made look really nice.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I'm having trouble getting started with mining. I've decided to join the dogemoon pool, following these instructions, but I can't seem to mine using CPUminer. I have this added on as the target...
C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2-win64\minerd.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mint.dogemoon.com:3333 -u WEBLOGIN.WORKER -p PASSWORD
...but it closes instantly, and says it doesn't recognize the '--scrypt' command.

I tried CGMiner as well, using the same method, but it had the same response about not recognizing '--scrypt'.
Now I've moved on to BFGminer, using the Stratum method. It connects, but doesn't find any devices. How do I make it use my CPU? I have an AMD Phenom II N970 Quad-Core Processor, if that helps any.

Thanks in advance. Smiley

Try to remove the --scrypt In CPUminer I had this problem too and I couldn't mine with the --scrypt.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I am just using the nodes listed on the announce page, it takes a while sometimes, but it always syncs for me.  But yes, it will sit there for 10 minutes looking like it is doing nothing before it does sometimes.  I don't know, been hearing a lot of complaints of this though so if there is a legit problem hopefully the dev is on it.

I'm not mining mint, but I am following it closely. I should say that there is something wrong. It's probably not the wallet because the p2p code is the same as for most other coins (although I haven't looked at Mint's code yet). But when I give the client the full list of nodes in MintCoin.conf, it can't connect to any. It finally connects to a pool in China and can sink from there.

I think that this set of symptoms can only come from two sources:

1. DDOS attack, where the conf nodes listed in the topic post are specifically targeted.
2. Everyone has the same conf file copied from the topic post and all of the nodes in the list are maxed out (i.e. maxconnections=100). It then takes the client some time to stumble on working peers.

In my experience, Mint's behavior in syncing is just barely better than dying coins, so it might be a good idea to address this problem sooner rather than later.
Activity: 1
I'm having trouble getting started with mining. I've decided to join the dogemoon pool, following these instructions, but I can't seem to mine using CPUminer. I have this added on as the target...
C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2-win64\minerd.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mint.dogemoon.com:3333 -u WEBLOGIN.WORKER -p PASSWORD
...but it closes instantly, and says it doesn't recognize the '--scrypt' command.

I tried CGMiner as well, using the same method, but it had the same response about not recognizing '--scrypt'.
Now I've moved on to BFGminer, using the Stratum method. It connects, but doesn't find any devices. How do I make it use my CPU? I have an AMD Phenom II N970 Quad-Core Processor, if that helps any.

Thanks in advance. Smiley
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

I am just using the nodes listed on the announce page, it takes a while sometimes, but it always syncs for me.  But yes, it will sit there for 10 minutes looking like it is doing nothing before it does sometimes.  I don't know, been hearing a lot of complaints of this though so if there is a legit problem hopefully the dev is on it.  Seeing as one of the main selling points of MINT is the POS, a functioning wallet is even more necessary for it's success.  I know most new alts I will keep in exchanges if possible just because I don't want hundreds of wallets taking up space, but I store my MINT and other POS coins locally.

I would say it takes time because your CPU is processing the POS blocks, but POS shouldnt start until after the mining period correct?

I didn't even add any nodes. It just worked and has done so the many many times I've loaded it. I have not experienced a single problem. So that's just some info from me, others must be having problems for a reason.

Mine has always synced as well but very slowly last night added the nodes now it syncs with no issues at all.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am just using the nodes listed on the announce page, it takes a while sometimes, but it always syncs for me.  But yes, it will sit there for 10 minutes looking like it is doing nothing before it does sometimes.  I don't know, been hearing a lot of complaints of this though so if there is a legit problem hopefully the dev is on it.  Seeing as one of the main selling points of MINT is the POS, a functioning wallet is even more necessary for it's success.  I know most new alts I will keep in exchanges if possible just because I don't want hundreds of wallets taking up space, but I store my MINT and other POS coins locally.

I would say it takes time because your CPU is processing the POS blocks, but POS shouldnt start until after the mining period correct?

I didn't even add any nodes. It just worked and has done so the many many times I've loaded it. I have not experienced a single problem. So that's just some info from me, others must be having problems for a reason.
Activity: 224
great work on the logo.
Activity: 98
URGENT PLEASE READ:

Since Mintcoin has a LARGE amount of coin, it's get a bit tricky to go and exchange it for sathoshi, thats becouse we get a large increase of the value for each satoshi and I think this stops in some way the market. Please ask to the markets to add a MINT-LTC exchange, this would help to get the thing go way more smooth

In that case I would prefer it being exchanged for both BTC and LTC.

Of course, we need an LTC exchange becouse from 4 to 5 satoshi the price increases a little too much, we neeed some more variation and it would be great to see Mint/LTC in MintPal
Activity: 434
Merit: 511

They look AWESOME!!  
How do you know we are in the top 3?  what are the other 2?

Im sorry I tought it was cryptsy, but here we are in the top 3: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
But look at the voting, we are above alot of coins that even started before us, so thats a good sign.
Jump to: