Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 916. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Guys, I have been in contact with Kopam...

He is sending me the graphics so that we can integrate them into the website.

As mentioned before, the newly designed site is scheduled for this Friday.

What domain are we putting it on?

What about mint-coin.info? Check Godaddy, nice price too
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
Guys, I have been in contact with Kopam...

He is sending me the graphics so that we can integrate them into the website.

As mentioned before, the newly designed site is scheduled for this Friday.

What domain are we putting it on?

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!
OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process. If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

I really don't know what you guys are so upset about. Just download the client click it to start and wait. I didn't need any conf file. No specialized programming. All i needed was patience. After a while it will just start connecting and downloading the blockchain. All the addnodes are just there to make it go faster if your in a hurry. Lots of wallets have this Most wallets need some extra time to sync. Since it's a p2p currency it needs to find other users with the same info. Just like when you downloading a movie. It needs time to find seeders.

Also... i must defend the dev's.. Had something to discuss couple of days ago and he replied awithin a few hours and was able to put my mind at ease. So all good there.

Ummm...what!? So, all of these pages after pages of instructions and problems are all just figments of the people's imaginations?

Some of what you say is true, but not completely. After one "downloads the client" and then "click it to start" is not exactly what happens.

In my case at least (Windows 7), I first had to remember how to open a zip file (which I hadn't done in years). You have to "extract" it initially (not open), then you have to know that it is the wallet qt.exe file among the many, many files, that has to be opened. Then, when nothing happens for over two hours (not even that little box that says "10 days" or "1 week"), I come to these pages and see that some new coding is needed.

When that predictably (in my case) fails miserably, I have to delete every file and start over again. This time, I just let the wallet sit there (as you suggest) with no coding as I went away. When I came back, it was connected and finally synced after a little longer.

If no coding is needed, and apparently it isn't, then people should stop giving out coding instructions!

And I am not even a complete stranger to this stuff. I have PUTTY and I can insert the code and use it to mine. That is no accomplishment, I am just saying that the Mint experience can be frustrating for a newbie. And every coin wants newbies -- the more the better. These coins are supposed to be fun -- not just ways for people with home made computers stuffed to the rafters with AMD cards to make some extra cash.

Making the experience as easy as possible for new people should be the goal. If that is "complaining", then I am at a loss.

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

- It is not too hard to see that the file with the ".exe" at the end is the executable file. Even my mom knows that.
- You have to wait much longer for the bitcoin wallet than the mintcoin wallet.
- You can not tell me that you don´t know how to unzip a file. Nowadays nearly every downloadable file is packed.

This post is even more ridicoulus because you posted that you had run a miner. Nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed...

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Just got this from the devs. They appreciate everyone's help and are working on the issues. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I would be happy to help as the appointed Community Manager.

David and I are in contact with the Mint Coin Dev team and we will deliver and questions , concerns messages to them.

also don't forget to vote

Also, not to forget the Daily reminder Smiley

Votings
Allcrypt http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
coinmarket.io https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-poll-trading-pair-suggestions-for-coinmarketio-422726
Cryptorush https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-crypto-rush-crypto-to-crypto-exchange-431099
Coinedup reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xk8ge/please_add_mintcoin/
Swisscex https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5488394-add-mint-coin

Exchanges
https://www.newaltex.com/exchange/mint_btc
https://www.mintpal.com/

Quote, vote & distribute!
Courtesy of Kopam Smiley
Activity: 177
Very nice coin! Smiley

mintcoin.biz is hosted on a green server powered by wind energy
Haha Cheesy
Please photo Smiley
Activity: 100
Making the experience as easy as possible for new people should be the goal.
That is our goal 100% and we are putting together a team to do just that in every way possible. Some of us in the community just started yesterday to alleviate some of the pressures of the dev. so please give us a little time and I am sure we will fix all these issues.
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
All the hashpower seems to be concentrated in just 1 or 2 pools at the moment. Maybe we can try spread some out.

We are giving 5000 block finder bonus for the next 24 hours. Will continue this promotion for longer if activity on the pool increases.

http://mint.dogemoon.com

Thanks

Promotion still running. Hop on over and earn extra mints
Activity: 167
Where to place that MIntcoin.conf file?

C:\Users\accname\AppData\Roaming\mintcoin

you must have the same conf file in your wallet folder and in your roaming\mintcoin folder

Its working!!!

Thanks
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process. If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

I really don't know what you guys are so upset about. Just download the client click it to start and wait. I didn't need any conf file. No specialized programming. All i needed was patience. After a while it will just start connecting and downloading the blockchain. All the addnodes are just there to make it go faster if your in a hurry. Lots of wallets have this Most wallets need some extra time to sync. Since it's a p2p currency it needs to find other users with the same info. Just like when you downloading a movie. It needs time to find seeders.

Also... i must defend the dev's.. Had something to discuss couple of days ago and he replied awithin a few hours and was able to put my mind at ease. So all good there.

Ummm...what!? So, all of these pages after pages of instructions and problems are all just figments of the people's imaginations?

Some of what you say is true, but not completely. After one "downloads the client" and then "click it to start" is not exactly what happens.

In my case at least (Windows 7), I first had to remember how to open a zip file (which I hadn't done in years). You have to "extract" it initially (not open), then you have to know that it is the wallet qt.exe file among the many, many files, that has to be opened. Then, when nothing happens for over two hours (not even that little box that says "10 days" or "1 week"), I come to these pages and see that some new coding is needed.

When that predictably (in my case) fails miserably, I have to delete every file and start over again. This time, I just let the wallet sit there (as you suggest) with no coding as I went away. When I came back, it was connected and finally synced after a little longer.

If no coding is needed, and apparently it isn't, then people should stop giving out coding instructions!

And I am not even a complete stranger to this stuff. I have PUTTY and I can insert the code and use it to mine. That is no accomplishment, I am just saying that the Mint experience can be frustrating for a newbie. And every coin wants newbies -- the more the better. These coins are supposed to be fun -- not just ways for people with home made computers stuffed to the rafters with AMD cards to make some extra cash.

Making the experience as easy as possible for new people should be the goal. If that is "complaining", then I am at a loss.
Activity: 336

Activity: 96
Network hash rate and difficulty is growing! Good news!
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I think the logo is as good as it can be. It might be difficult to see the M for the first time , but it also makes it a bit special compared to others.
We need a professional webdesigner advice. Sutor, ne supra crepidam (shoemaker remain at your post). Alty, kopam, Linkeex...
Monero Core Team
I tried to sign up at the wordpress site but i dont get a email with a password.
Could you check your spambox or try again? I did not find your account on the userlist. If it doesn't work better, I will create your account manually.

I know this coin will just do good we have a really active community, look people even wanna help make websites, designs, everyone wants to see this coin succeed.
We are almost accepted at cryptsy i think we are in the top 3 for a while now.
The coin soon becomes rare, so hitting a big exhange and the fact they become more rare every week.
Id say invest now when you still have the change to buy low!
Nothing to add, you said it all!
Activity: 420
McYXYgm9t57uN8prco8VBCVQJKKsH96Aae

Anyone wanna get me started =]
Monero Core Team
Any update on the website? I really think we need a proper website before anything else... in the meantime, keep mining!
Some people seem to have issue with registering.

As for the DNS-sync, I will do it in 7 hours.
Monero Core Team
URGENT PLEASE READ:

Since Mintcoin has a LARGE amount of coin, it's get a bit tricky to go and exchange it for sathoshi, thats becouse we get a large increase of the value for each satoshi and I think this stops in some way the market. Please ask to the markets to add a MINT-LTC exchange, this would help to get the thing go way more smooth
Mentioned to Mintpal's admin
Monero Core Team
Also, at the devs: I could offer you my work. I can do webdesign and webdevelopment.
I can also do translation in german.
Updated http://mintcoin-central/hello-minters/
Monero Core Team
Hi,

Did you have any contact to the dev about all the things you are doing?
Yes and he is happy that we help. He wants some control over the process, that I will handle of course.
Activity: 149
This works for me: mintcoin.conf

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=x
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=12789
port=12788
addnode=184.72.188.245
addnode=162.243.4.85
addnode=115.28.140.128
addnode=113.135.64.107
addnode=27.33.253.164
addnode=86.26.190.235
addnode=153.19.215.115
addnode=115.28.134.205
addnode=223.152.73.253
addnode=122.178.204.154
addnode=115.28.162.160
addnode=81.108.157.78
addnode=180.112.221.68
addnode=120.144.87.195
addnode=31.53.158.152
addnode=50.102.222.206
addnode=60.182.177.105
addnode=217.118.83.145
addnode=119.119.151.106
addnode=218.77.97.176
addnode=182.112.134.112
addnode=106.68.126.251
addnode=195.38.122.80
addnode=162.243.4.85
addnode=62.221.120.216
addnode=49.66.59.73
addnode=124.168.123.204
addnode=223.198.48.85
addnode=162.223.48.19
addnode=212.247.109.253
addnode=188.162.40.67
addnode=24.49.13.97
addnode=203.208.83.100
addnode=91.2.7.117
addnode=80.123.21.76
addnode=14.148.0.173
addnode=64.58.130.180
addnode=89.168.237.30
addnode=122.224.95.209
addnode=182.112.134.112
addnode=95.89.180.80
addnode=77.254.241.222
addnode=92.13.231.33
Activity: 284
OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process.  If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

This community seems really good, but you can just tell from these boards that it is losing steam. I am glad that there is awareness that the website sucks and it sounds like some great people are working to fix that. The logo is only ok. It looks unfinished -- The “M” is an abstract that looks like a blob. An argument can be made for its artistic qualities, but again, we are going for the masses right? So, while artistic is one argument, another might be amateurish.

The so-called developers need to stop whatever they are doing and address the crowd. Take a deep breath and let us know precisely what is going on. It is unfortunate that they are overwhelmed at the moment, but they must come forward. It is fantastic that some in the community are working to help this coin, but outside of the mining and coding people (but, I may be repeating myself there!) there is very little for this coin to offer. They need to tell us the plan and how far they have come to reaching their goals. It is difficult to get behind a coin and promote it when one has to explain how to code a freaking wallet for crying out loud! This may surprise some of you programmers out there, but some people who are perfectly capable of learning how to do some basic coding… don’t want to! Just as you may not want to learn how to fix a broken toilet , for example-- you just want it to work. If your plumber requires you to know the details of your pipe “configuration” within your house, you may move on to another plumber.  

Coins that rely on the community only are difficult to get going. The miners will soon be gone from these boards, for the most part, and then what? Yes, it is possible that it succeeds, but the environment is changing. Coins are coming out by the bucket loads. And the pattern is the same for most of them. The early miners with computer farms and AMD 7950 cards flood the forum with “enthusiasm”. Once the mining becomes a bit slower, they stick around just long enough to try to pump up the coin as they sell. Then -- ghost town.

You can all pile on me for being critical and not staying “positive” and not “promoting”, but the facts are the facts. Could mint accidentally hit a DOGE coin-like wave with the way things currently stand? Yeah, maybe, but things would have to go just perfectly (with a little luck thrown in). Far more likely in this massive coin release wave, we will all be washed out to sea.

If the developers are not fully committed to this coin, then hire some who are -- maybe from this very forum. And, if they think that just squirreling away in the back room on super-duper ideas is all it is going to take, then they are delusional. If they are too busy, then get somebody who can interact with the community to relay to us what is going on.

This post is too long and I could go on, but you get the idea. I want Mint to succeed. But, it is important to remember that the life span for a lot of these coins is growing shorter and shorter all of the time. This is a critical time for Mint.
Jump to: