Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 976. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
HashStrike pool is down?!

2nd time in 4 hours! Sad

When it rains, it pours Sad  The block chain in our wallet got corrupted, so now having to fully re-download it to get back up and running.

good to see you updating us here, im at work at the moment and all my minors are still pointed to your servers, good luck pal.

Whatever pool you choose (and this applies to any coin) I would strongly advise to set up at least 2-3 backup pools.  No pool is perfect, and it will keep you hashing at 100% all the time.  I'm manually recovering the blockchain at the moment, and we should be back shortly.

--failover-only is the parameter you guys should use.

This is how your .bat-file will look with failover set to other pools;
stratum+tcp://superminer.com:1111 -I 17 -g 1 -u user.woker -p password --failover-only stratum+tcp://megaminer.com:2222 -I 17 -g 1 -u user.woker -p password

Code;
Code:
stratum+tcp://superminer.com:1111 -I 17 -g 1 -u user.woker -p password --failover-only stratum+tcp://megaminer.com:2222 -I 17 -g 1 -u user.woker -p password

You can do this with as many pools as you wish in the .bat-file. It's the only way you can leave your house and still be sure you are mining 6 hours later Wink
So --failover-only is only for the 2nd, 3rd, backup pools you have right?

only the first pool should have -o stratum+tcp://superminer.com:1111 and the --failover-only replaces -o right?

Typo from me! --failover does not replace -o

This is how it should look like; -o stratum+tcp://superminer.com:1111 -I 17 -g 1 -u user.woker -p password --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://megaminer.com:2222 -I 17 -g 1 -u user.woker -p password

Yes.

only the first pool should have -o stratum+tcp://superminer.com:1111 and the --failover-only replaces -o right?

no, typo from me.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I lost over 5k mint in orphans at hashstrike after the downtime

Orphan blocks will happen from time to time on any chain.  We've already found 7 valid new blocks since being live again, worth over 3.6 million coins, so you should have a good amount of "unconfirmed" balance from that Smiley
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Does anyone have confirmed coins?

Hey, it seems that the blocks are backed up.  They will eventually show up as confirmed, you won't see any unconfirmed.  I have been increasing ballance fine though, just takes time.
Activity: 182

I lost 45 mins mning at hasrapid !!! I want my coins!!

failover is your friend!
Activity: 266
Crypto Enthusiast

I lost 45 mins mning at hasrapid !!! I want my coins!!
Activity: 140
Hashstrike back up!  Thanks guys

Woohoo! We are rocking and rolling again.  From here on out we will be keeping a "hot" backup of the wallet and database so that if it fails again we can immediately switch over instead of having to go through this block chain download process again.  We appreciate everyone's patience while we worked through these issues.

nice one mate!

Im hasing away nicely, mmmmm minty!!!  Cheesy

2nd time in 4 hours! Sad

When it rains, it pours Sad  The block chain in our wallet got corrupted, so now having to fully re-download it to get back up and running.

good to see you updating us here, im at work at the moment and all my minors are still pointed to your servers, good luck pal.

Whatever pool you choose (and this applies to any coin) I would strongly advise to set up at least 2-3 backup pools.  No pool is perfect, and it will keep you hashing at 100% all the time.  I'm manually recovering the blockchain at the moment, and we should be back shortly.

Code;
Code:

You can do this with as many pools as you wish in the .bat-file. It's the only way you can leave your house and still be sure you are mining 6 hours later Wink

Crypto Enthusiast
I don''t get any coins on hashrapid. Why?
Edit: on coins4everyone When I try to register I received a message that Tokens has expire. why?

You are typing to slow Tongue  From when the page loads you have X seconds to make changes/register/update before the token expires. If it does you have to reload the page. I struggled with tokes to begin with myself.

But what''s the problem with hashrapid, no coin, confirmed or unconfirmed, no blocks confirmed..
Edit: on coins4everyone When I try to register I received a message that Tokens has expire. why?

You are typing to slow Tongue  From when the page loads you have X seconds to make changes/register/update before the token expires. If it does you have to reload the page. I struggled with tokes to begin with myself.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I don't know what to do with the wallet.  I added all the nodes as the instructions say, and I am still not getting any active connections, and never have raised even one.  The wallet has been on for two days now.

I wonder if the settings have anything to do with it.

under Options -> Network, I changed it from "Map port using UPnP" to "Connect through SOCKS proxy."
The default options I left alone: 127.0.0.1 / Port 9050 / SOCKS version 5

Do these settings look right?  Should I change it back to "Map port using UPnP"?

I have never had this much trouble setting up a wallet before.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give.  I know that many of you have set up this wallet, but I have failed miserably.
Crypto Enthusiast

Woohoo! We are rocking and rolling again.  From here on out we will be keeping a "hot" backup of the wallet and database so that if it fails again we can immediately switch over instead of having to go through this block chain download process again.  We appreciate everyone's patience while we worked through these issues.
Activity: 424
Crypto Enthusiast
Why on hashrapid pool when you go to Getting started section, on the download link for the wallet you get digibyte link?

2nd time in 4 hours! Sad

Whatever pool you choose (and this applies to any coin) I would strongly advise to set up at least 2-3 backup pools.  No pool is perfect, and it will keep you hashing at 100% all the time.  I'm manually recovering the blockchain at the moment, and we should be back shortly.

The block chain has been loaded, now rescanning our wallet to re-import all those delicious mintcoins that everyone has been mining Smiley  T-minus 5 minutes until we're back up.  

To get technical, it looks like the wallet file for the pool is over 200MB due to the massive number of addresses and transactions the pool has touched, and this seems to be at the limit for the mintcoin client.  We'll be checkpointing the wallet and starting fresh to help make it more stable, as well as setting up a regular cron job to keep this from happening in the future.

Code;
Code:

is there a way to set up backups when im using GUIMinor?

thanks

I have no idea how to set this up in the GUI interface Sad I first got the hang of mining when tried the regular cgminer(the one that launches a cmd window). GUI just messed everything up
Crypto Enthusiast
Does anyone have confirmed coins?
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
Any news of any other exchanges coming on board?
Activity: 424
CGWatcher should be enabled on start up. IMO

2nd time in 4 hours! Sad

Code;
Code:

is there a way to set up backups when im using GUIMinor?

thanks
Jump to: