Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 979. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
HashStrike pool is down?!

seems so (stratumly speaking)...

I hope hashstrike users configured their miners to fallback at coins4everyone.com (in case of failure) because hashstrike seems to be down (again).
Don't waiste hashing time, come to a working stratum:

-> Come on to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!
Still with 0% fee on MintCoin mining.
Absolute 0 fee (including Auto & Manual payments).

To get plenty of coins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3445
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password

switching miner to your pool
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
http://mint.dogemoon.com/

Been up and running since launch + 0s and found the first block. Spread the love Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

seems so (stratumly speaking)...

I hope hashstrike users configured their miners to fallback at coins4everyone.com (in case of failure) because hashstrike seems to be down (again).
Don't waiste hashing time, come to a working stratum:

-> Come on to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 70
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
I wish people would stop selling at 6 / 7 .. let it rise!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
after the first year, Mint will have a maximum of 84 billion coins? (70BB + 20%) or will the maximum always be 70BB?

Yes, 20% inflation (MUCH more than fiat money). Actually a little less cause some people will keep their wallets down.
Can you explain how it is a bad idea to keep the wallet down?

This is a genuine question, I still have a hard time understanding this whole crypto things (and I still can't mine because GUIminer-scrypt tells me there's something wrong with my configuration).

Thanks.

the guy is an idiot don't listen to him, he doesn't know what inflation means. 20% more money in circulation does not equal 20% inflation.

By his logic, bitcoin should have massive inflation because of all the new bitcoins being generated every year.

true dat, inflation is only possible when a currency is backed by palpable assets, meaning the same asset will be split among more currency when new currency is issued, crypto on the other hand is backed up by nothing but pure awsomeness thus is not subject to inflation.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
after the first year, Mint will have a maximum of 84 billion coins? (70BB + 20%) or will the maximum always be 70BB?

Yes, 20% inflation (MUCH more than fiat money). Actually a little less cause some people will keep their wallets down.

This is a genuine question, I still have a hard time understanding this whole crypto things (and I still can't mine because GUIminer-scrypt tells me there's something wrong with my configuration).

Thanks.

the guy is an idiot don't listen to him, he doesn't know what inflation means. 20% more money in circulation does not equal 20% inflation.

By his logic, bitcoin should have massive inflation because of all the new bitcoins being generated every year.
Activity: 588
Buy this coin while it's cheap!!!
Activity: 154
Again... but it seems nobody cares about that...
hashstrike pool hashrate is 1,4GH/s; network hash is 2,2GH/s... That means 63% of hash power at the same pool!

Maybe that could be interesting litterature to some people, it's about bitcoin but current situation is similar:
http://bitcoinowl.com/bitcoin-mining-pool-ghashio-preventing-accumulation-51-all-hashing-power

That's why i would suggest to spread hash power (and eventually come @ coins4everyone.com but not necessarily)

-> http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!

Activity: 224
Current Difficulty   14.69074237

Wtf went down alot of people are leaving.

Big hashrate fluctuations, is there any multipool milking (pun intended) this coin?

This hashrate fluctuations seem to have been there since the start. It's jumping between 1.5 and 5 Gh/s, difficulty goes down to 14 and then up to above 30 again.
Personally I don't mind if the rate goes down from time to time (instead of steady upwards), I'm only mining on a single card.

I've been jumping coins a bit lately. Mined MINT all night, but when the diff gets to high I have to redirect my R9 270 Sad
Activity: 33

Big hashrate fluctuations, is there any multipool milking (pun intended) this coin?

This hashrate fluctuations seem to have been there since the start. It's jumping between 1.5 and 5 Gh/s, difficulty goes down to 14 and then up to above 30 again.
Personally I don't mind if the rate goes down from time to time (instead of steady upwards), I'm only mining on a single card.
Activity: 224

Thanks.

Regarding your miner; Don't use the GUI interface, it causes more problems than it resolves Smiley Run cgminer with a .bat file and cmd. It is not as difficult as it looks like. Once you get a hold of it you'll realize it's not difficult at all, that is what I did. Read the cgminer 'read-me' and you will get the hang of it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

Thanks.
Activity: 112
Like always, on start is pump and after few days diff is lower and everyone can mine without problems Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Yes i personally think a new website would attract more early Mintcoin adopters.
It doesnt look as proffesional as it can be.
I really like the idea of this coin tho, i will be mining this in the next few weeks on my poor videocard.
I just wish i have some more hashes.
You can also trade it at https://www.mintpal.com
Not a major enchange but you can exchange already!

Edit: Please fill in this https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform
Activity: 56
Personally I'm on hashrapid and it's been great so far.  I picked them because I used them for their TOP pool, payments came quick so why not.

Difficulty just jumped by 10!  we are at 24 now.   Things will get very interesting in the next few weeks.
Jump to: