Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant - page 13. (Read 80150 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
As for the Mjollnircoin Vault Blocks,

Find the required changes to the code here

Currently, this is running in TestNet and the Vault blocks are awaiting confirmation

• Vault block start at height 37712
  • Every 5152th block is a Vault Block, for a maximum of 10 blocks
  • Vault block reward is 25000 MNR

Values are not final, the above translate to 1 vault block every ~7 days, thus depleating the vault blocks in ~70 days total

I think the vault funds should be used for PR/raise awareness of MNR to regular users.  Paid votes are unethical and I don't think we should support them.  Just my opinion but I have written a bit more about how they hurt crypto in general here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652222.new#new

Part of MNR is the ethical nature, lack of premine etc.  Why hamper that with paid listing.

Agreed, Auction is closed now.

Pragmatism and Ethics don't always agree; An Exchange with Volume is like Oxygen for an altcoin and they very well know how to capitalize on that (regardless of the coin's quality)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I think the vault funds should be used for PR/raise awareness of MNR to regular users NOT paying to get listed.  Paid votes are unethical and I don't think we should support them.  Just my opinion but I have written a bit more about how they hurt crypto in general here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652222.new#new

Part of MNR is the ethical nature, lack of premine etc.  Why hamper that with paid listing?
Right have sent another 4000 to the vault.

Alright, there is now 10,000 Mjollnircoins in the Vault,

I have put them up for Auction

Opened: 14 June 2014, 19:30 CEST

Description:
10000 Mjollnircoins (ten-thousand)
Starting bid:
0.05 BTC
Buy it now:
(not set)
End date and time:
21 June 2014 19:30 CEST
Payment methods accepted:
BTC/LTC
Additional information:
Escrow Service possible (from this forum)

legendary
Right have sent another 4000 to the vault.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
 I just sent 1000 MNR to the vault. Thats my contribution to the 1btc target!
 I may do a lil more later..   Grin

1868 NEXT!!!!  Grin

GO VOTE FOR MNR!!
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Also atheist coin just got on Bittrex by sending them lots of humorous and creative tweets.  If we can keep pushing that angle too it would help.  I don't think me tweeting them on my own works:)

https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/477587113529982977

hmm..  Can we tell them about the bitcoin with the hole in it! 
legendary
Also atheist coin just got on Bittrex by sending them lots of humorous and creative tweets.  If we can keep pushing that angle too it would help.  I don't think me tweeting them on my own works:)

https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/477587113529982977
legendary
In actual fact if there is enough in the vault now - I'd be happy for it to be auctioned off as per the plan with special blocks.

The Vault currently holds 4276 MNR, some of the funds I reserved for the Mjollnircoin Wallet Contest (1000) and Twitter GiveAway (2000) (http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/vault.html)

If its big enough to attract interest for it, it could be the first sale to the benefit of the Bittrex fund

I've added more mining power (as much as possible as boiling hot here).  Will donate some more once it's minded but with the current mining payouts it'll take a bit of time (good thing though once we get more attention as scarcity seems to be a plus).
legendary
I thought it was a good idea from the get so im in.. .

No poll needed as far as im concerned ...

But man.. a whole btc just to get on the floor sheesh...

when i was a lil tike my uncle drilled a hole in a quarter and looped a string around it so i can play video games all day so..   when i needed a credit i just tossed in my special quarter and puled it right back out after the credit was given! lulz

I really wish we had a bitcoin with a hole in it so to speak... Im just not feeling the 1btc but it is what it is i guess.
In actual fact if there is enough in the vault now - I'd be happy for it to be auctioned off as per the plan with special blocks.

The Vault currently holds 4276 MNR, some of the funds I reserved for the Mjollnircoin Wallet Contest (1000) and Twitter GiveAway (2000) (http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/vault.html)

If its big enough to attract interest for it, it could be the first sale to the benefit of the Bittrex fund

legendary
legendary
Great let's get it moving as soon as possible.  Maybe use the current contents of the vault too.  I've already donated 5000 a couple of days ago.  Maybe others can donate some and we might be able to accelerate things. 
Let's just do it and get things moving because nothing is happening otherwise.

I agree, No need for voting do it fast whatever is good for coin and community, things need to get faster.

Testnet implementation will be done soon enough and in a couple of days we can set a release date (if there are no real objections against the proposal)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I agree, No need for voting do it fast whatever is good for coin and community, things need to get faster.
legendary
Mjollnircoin Meeting results of 12th June, 2014 #MNRCOIN @FreeNode IRC

During the Mjollnircoin meeting we discussed Cayar's idea to generate funding to get us to Bittrex Exchange (Bittrex will take us for 1.0 BTC)

The basic idea is to generate "Vault blocks": blocks with a high reward that are immediateley payed to the Mjollnircoin Vault when mined. Once the block is payed to the Vault, it will be auctioned and the highest bidder wins the vaulted block which is then payed out to the winner either directly or through an Escrow Service. The assumption here is, that when Mjollnircoin hits the Bittrex Exchange the value goes go up (which would then not be a bad investment)

The reward of such a vaulted block should be high enough to make it worthwhile and the starting bid should be such that we only need a scarse number of
these blocks (perhaps as few as 10, with a reward of 25.000 MNR for example).  

Obvisoubly, everything MUST be in the open of course (transparent and verifiable accounting records)

The benefits are:
  • Vault blocks will help increase interest
  • We have a decent chance of getting onto Bittrex

What is not set in stone yet:
  • Exact step by step process of the Auction and its rules (must be verifiable)
  • Exact number of Vault blocks and frequency of release
  • Exact block reward of a vault block
  • Miner reward for mining vault block
  • Starting bid price in BTC

Total coin supply is not affected (but it reduces end of mining-life for Mjollnircoin by a number of days)

Prerequisite:
  • Community Approval (Poll acceptable or does it require a voting system?)

So, it would be most excellent if we can all discuss this idea to find out if its a good idea or not (it could be the worst of all ideas! we need your thoughts!)
The next couple of weeks we would learn how the feedback is and decide from there.

legendary
What i miss... I was watching the NBA Playoff's.. got the notification too late.
Activity: 168
IRC channel in 15 minutes.
legendary
Lets get spot #75 back!!

1829! Next!!!  Grin

Go vote for MNR!
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
According to the FPGA testing,HVC which use HEFTY1 algorithm is the real ASIC-resist coin!

Yes, where is this test. Would be very beneficial information if its true......

Edit: I found this on zhpool homepage. @zhpool, can you guys share the results of this project with the HVC communtiy?

1. Several experts believe HeavyCoin will be extremely hard for ASIC(harder than LiteCoin) or FPGA implementation(we have already completed FPGA implementation days ago, but... too slow... we kill that project), that means HVC will be GPU only for quit a long time, referring LiteCoin, HeavyCoin will have a great future.

Yes, sir, I would tell what I could.

Several experts?
Yes, these experts finished LTC ASIC lately, and have finished nearly all FPGA for all altcoins, including heavycoin.

We have finished HVC FPGA implementation?
yes, within 1 week since HeavyCoin launch.

too slow... we kill that project?
yes, too slow, good news for GPU miners, AMD 7970 run at 20M, FPGA run less than 200K. We will not continue FPGA optimization any more. HVC is the only one hurt the experts, badly, "keccak512 is genius" -- they said.

Pages:
Jump to: