Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 196. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
I find this coin very interesting on a financial point of view. How to you guys reduces volatility on the market?

It seems to be working very well because the altcoin market is getting burned right now and NautilsCoin is pretty strong.

We could see a small correction from "Profit Taking" but I bought at 16K recently now 17K. The chart is very healthy in these conditions.

BK created a stability fund by pre-mining a number of coins, and selling a portion of them at a fairly high price. He's now using it to trade to reduce volatility, without taking any of the profits out. He's having a trading bot built to automate the process, and will release it after we switch to PoS. It's a classic Wall Street technique to prevent flash crashes etc, and it will work much, much better under PoS since we're dealing with a huge inflation right now.

It's one of the things that makes Nautiluscoin truly unique in my opinion, as it's not something that can be easily copied. Most people are not going to take a large sum of money and use it purely to stabilize the price, when they can just as easily run away with it. BK of course can't do that due to him having a reputation to protect, and since almost everyone in crypto are anonymous they can't build up the trust needed to make it effective.

The sustained support is starting to put peoples minds at rest. I wasn't even worried when bitcoin tanked today.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I find this coin very interesting on a financial point of view. How to you guys reduces volatility on the market?

It seems to be working very well because the altcoin market is getting burned right now and NautilsCoin is pretty strong.

We could see a small correction from "Profit Taking" but I bought at 16K recently now 17K. The chart is very healthy in these conditions.

BK created a stability fund by pre-mining a number of coins, and selling a portion of them at a fairly high price. He's now using it to trade to reduce volatility, without taking any of the profits out. He's having a trading bot built to automate the process, and will release it after we switch to PoS. It's a classic Wall Street technique to prevent flash crashes etc, and it will work much, much better under PoS since we're dealing with a huge inflation right now.

It's one of the things that makes Nautiluscoin truly unique in my opinion, as it's not something that can be easily copied. Most people are not going to take a large sum of money and use it purely to stabilize the price, when they can just as easily run away with it. BK of course can't do that due to him having a reputation to protect, and since almost everyone in crypto are anonymous they can't build up the trust needed to make it effective.

So if I'm not mistaken the trading bot is not build yet there is actually some traders "on the floor" making sure the price remains stable?

I suppose the lack of a "trading bot" can explain the little shakeout in july. It actually makes a very good H&S Bottom with the trading volume at the right place.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Haven't checked for a while, any news from Blocktech?

Cheers!

BK said the website is being updated now in preparation for POS.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Haven't checked for a while, any news from Blocktech?

Cheers!
Activity: 195
So people know what to expect. Some information on what I am working on.

It is a web site.  
It is a service.
It is not a new concept
Because I'm more of a programmer than a designer,  for the time being the web site will hold a placeholder a development blog (rss feed available for that) and a FAQ.
When beta is ready I intend to have it invite only at first.
After that period beta members will be able to then invite.
Hopefully after some excessive testing a final open beta will occur.
There will be a sign up sheet to be invited to the beta. However the first beta users will be personally invited by me and I will contact that person myself (I use to run game servers and my number one rule for giving people administrative capabilities there was if they are regularly active and DON'T ask for admin they are a good candidate so consider that before you try to PM me asking for beta)
Most importantly it is being built as NAUT only.

I still can not estimate length of development.  Beta. Or release date.

You can also contribute to it once I announce it I will have a naut address posted. I honestly can't think of benefits to contribution right now though. Maybe one thing but for now contributions directly translate into me being able to spend more time developing it.

I'll have a contact form for additional questions in the future. Also I will as always try to stay active here.  If it's OK with  bk I intend to only announce in this thread for now.  With a primary announcement thread coming at start of email invite betas.

Awesome man, cant wait to see wat ya got in store =)
Activity: 238
"red" should have been "rss" (I was using a tablet to post that and it auto-corrected RSS as though RSS wasn't in it's dictionary (which it is I checked)). Anyway that post was updated.

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/

To Do:
Release Proof of Stake Wallet - Being Worked on by Blocktech
Mobile Wallet App - (Doesn't NEED to stake, but would be nice).
Multipool
Official block explorer - The NautInsight one is nice, but it's not marked as official (it wouldn't hurt to have that block explorer moved to the nautiluscoin domain)
Video(s) - Make Nautiluscoin promo videos!
Website update - Front page update
Come up with more plans to get naut into the hands of more people and more in the public eye
Setup public bounty donation wallet

- Nautiluscoin Community Manager
 - - Note that much of my posts are my own observations and opinions and not necessarily representative of Nautiluscoin itself.

It is a web site.  
It is a service.
It is not a new concept
Because I'm more of a programmer than a designer,  for the time being the web site will hold a placeholder a development blog (red feed available for that) and a FAQ.
There will be a sign up sheet to be invited to the beta. However the first beta users will be personally invited by me and I will contact that person myself (I use to run game servers and my number one rule for giving people administrative capabilities there was if they are regularly active and DON'T ask for admin they are a good candidate so consider that before you try to PM me asking for beta)

You can also contribute to it once I announce it I will have a naut address posted. I honestly can't think of benefits to contribution right now though. Maybe one thing but for now contributions directly translate into me being able to spend more time developing it.

I'll have a contact form for additional questions in the future. Also I will as always try to stay active here.  If it's OK with  bk I intend to only announce in this thread for now.  With a primary announcement thread coming at start of email invite betas.
Sounds really interesting Smiley Looking forward to it!

It is a web site.  
It is a service.
It is not a new concept
Because I'm more of a programmer than a designer,  for the time being the web site will hold a placeholder a development blog (rss feed available for that) and a FAQ.

Activity: 210
Hi all - just wanted to let you know we are starting work on updated the website so that it will be ready for PoS launch... I expect the new website to be ready before PoS

-BK

This is great news BK :-)

My news: Remember, my project is only being announced on the 15th.
I still can't accurately estimate any kind of beta for it as I am doing it in my free time and unpaid.

I am looking forward to It!!!!
Hi all - just wanted to let you know we are starting work on updated the website so that it will be ready for PoS launch... I expect the new website to be ready before PoS

-BK

This is great news BK :-)

My news: Remember, my project is only being announced on the 15th.
I still can't accurately estimate any kind of beta for it as I am doing it in my free time and unpaid.

-BK
Shocked Sweet! That soon huh? Seems to me a website update shouldn't take long, so maybe PoS is just around the corner? Regardless, great to hear from you! There's a ton of talk about Nautiluscoin on Twitter, IRC etc so I expect a HUGE amount of people entering Nautiluscoin when it is released.
Activity: 210

-BK
Isn't this the Nautiluscoin thread? Shouldn't a new thread be created if you guys want to argue about Brian Kelly's ideologies or cryptocurrency regulation?

You are correct. 
Activity: 423
Isn't this the Nautiluscoin thread? Shouldn't a new thread be created if you guys want to argue about Brian Kelly's ideologies or cryptocurrency regulation?
anyone that says "masters of wall street" I just cannot take seriously lol
I'd still love to see a source link to where it is linked to BK. I'm still noticing a lack of source links with BKs name mentioned specifically.

I posted this before but you willfully ignored it that time too:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101849169

This is from the 18th of July and we've been over this already, you didn't respond to valid rebuttals and you're just repeating yourself yet again.
I'd still love to see a source link to where it is linked to BK. I'm still noticing a lack of source links with BKs name mentioned specifically.

She's not here to have a serious debate, just spew insults and post selective misleading quotes. If she actually cared this much she'd be on twitter calling out scammers or something.
Jump to: