Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 198. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Why is Brian Kelly against listing NAUT on HitBTC?
He's not.

According to the HitBTC Development Team in an email they sent me, "Unfortunately, Brian Kelly, the Nautilus coin founder, informed us that he is against listing NAUT on our exchange. For this reason, we will not add NAUT, unless Brian changes his mind about that."
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
He's not.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Activity: 238
http://www.coindesk.com/new-york-bitlicense-views-inside-bitcoin-industry/

“I think it’s unfortunate, it’s not timely. The industry is very, very young and trying to regulate it now is entirely premature. Like the Internet, you need to give these things time to develop and see where the problem areas are.” - Patrick Murck, general counsel at the Bitcoin Foundation

Roger Ver, a fervent opponent of the proposals, said BitLicenses are “just a guise to protect the banks and other established industries” from competition that bitcoin would bring.

“This will eliminate the college dorm room startup. It will eliminate the young entrepreneur who is willing to put in 100 hours per week, but who doesn’t have $100,000 for his first two months of legal bills. It will make innovation the purview of large companies, which is to say, it will diminish innovation.” - Erik Voorhees

“These regulations do not even highlight the distinction between digital assets and digital currencies. Without representing the difference between the two, the NYDFS is issuing indiscriminate guidelines that threaten to destroy bitcoin. Numerous businesses have told me they are ready to block out all New York IPs from their servers, and will not do business in this jurisdiction if these proposed regulations are enacted.” - Chamber of Digital Commerce

Community Consensus:

“The consensus among bitcoin entrepreneurs at our recent conferences in Chicago and San Francisco has been to block New York customers rather than comply with the regulations.”

Now here's what your hero Brian Kelly says about the exact same legislation:

"This (introduction of bitcoin regulation) was the right move at the right time."

-----------

Notice anything different here? Notice anything different between Brian's opinion and every single other opinion given by every recognized community leader of bitcoin?

Brian Kelly IS paving the way for a Wall Street takeover of the cryptocurrency scene, by slowly innoculating users into the belief that big business and government intrusion into their lives is actually a good thing and not the reason why the world is currently bursting apart at the seams.

Brian Kelly is definitely a snake oil salesman. He's a turncoat, a double-agent, a traitor and an enemy of freedom. He cares about nothing except getting himself and his rich friends even richer. As a man who built his entire career around Wall Street you should know better than to expect anything else from him.

You're selectively quoting an article from the 18th of July and here's the bits you probably didn't read.

"it is critical for the New York DFS to honor its commitment to not stifle innovation" - doesn't sound like they've done that.

"over the next 45 days, the digital-currency community will have an opportunity to opine on the proposed rules" - that's what's happening now.

"ideally, regulations will be light-handed enough to encourage those in the digital currency space to voluntarily submit to regulation" - doesn't sound like they'll be voluntarily submitting.

So please stop misrepresenting things, it's like you are obsessed with BK for having an opinion you disagree with. I also like the way you presume we're all stupid sheep that can't think for ourselves.  

There's plenty of actual snake oil salesmen out there so go hassle them.

I've also noticed a lot of claimed direct correlation between BK's opinion and this specific regulation without hard evidence of BK stating he supports this particular regulation.

I think what needs to be understood is BK's opinion (and he can correct me if I'm wrong but I have interpreted it correctly in the past).
Regulation is an unavoidable fact that will happen, it would be better for those in the crypto-arena to write and maintain this regulation than those in the government (especially if acted upon quickly).

This is kind of key here because it actually supports nutildah's opinion posted a number of pages back: That financial regulation from the government fails and that the wage and income gap (from that legislation) has increased since it started. (Hear that BK and nutildah actually agree on something).

His opinion also states that those in this private sector (those in the crypto-arena) should be the ones handling the regulation writing and maintenance (not the state/federal government/banks but us INDIVIDUALS).

Glad to have you in our corner nutildah. Glad to see you finally supporting NAUT.

Anyway, as it is an inevitability is it not time that someone form the Virtual Currency Proponents Board, an international representative board that holds the interest of all virtual currencies at heart and actively operates to write and enforce legislation that supports virtual currencies? I mean there's specific foundations and stuff for independent coins and whatnot, but why not an international non-prop advocacy group for all virtual currencies? Ultimately if we just sit here complaining that the government is screwing us it's not getting anything done, how about we actually do something?

My own news: My project is going well, I believe I am on target for my announcement date :-)
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

“I think it’s unfortunate, it’s not timely. The industry is very, very young and trying to regulate it now is entirely premature. Like the Internet, you need to give these things time to develop and see where the problem areas are.” - Patrick Murck, general counsel at the Bitcoin Foundation

Roger Ver, a fervent opponent of the proposals, said BitLicenses are “just a guise to protect the banks and other established industries” from competition that bitcoin would bring.

“This will eliminate the college dorm room startup. It will eliminate the young entrepreneur who is willing to put in 100 hours per week, but who doesn’t have $100,000 for his first two months of legal bills. It will make innovation the purview of large companies, which is to say, it will diminish innovation.” - Erik Voorhees

“These regulations do not even highlight the distinction between digital assets and digital currencies. Without representing the difference between the two, the NYDFS is issuing indiscriminate guidelines that threaten to destroy bitcoin. Numerous businesses have told me they are ready to block out all New York IPs from their servers, and will not do business in this jurisdiction if these proposed regulations are enacted.” - Chamber of Digital Commerce

Community Consensus:

“The consensus among bitcoin entrepreneurs at our recent conferences in Chicago and San Francisco has been to block New York customers rather than comply with the regulations.”

"This (introduction of bitcoin regulation) was the right move at the right time."

-----------

Notice anything different here? Notice anything different between Brian's opinion and every single other opinion given by every recognized community leader of bitcoin?

Brian Kelly IS paving the way for a Wall Street takeover of the cryptocurrency scene, by slowly innoculating users into the belief that big business and government intrusion into their lives is actually a good thing and not the reason why the world is currently bursting apart at the seams.

Brian Kelly is definitely a snake oil salesman. He's a turncoat, a double-agent, a traitor and an enemy of freedom. He cares about nothing except getting himself and his rich friends even richer. As a man who built his entire career around Wall Street you should know better than to expect anything else from him.

You're selectively quoting an article from the 18th of July and here's the bits you probably didn't read.

"it is critical for the New York DFS to honor its commitment to not stifle innovation" - doesn't sound like they've done that.

"over the next 45 days, the digital-currency community will have an opportunity to opine on the proposed rules" - that's what's happening now.

"ideally, regulations will be light-handed enough to encourage those in the digital currency space to voluntarily submit to regulation" - doesn't sound like they'll be voluntarily submitting.

So please stop misrepresenting things, it's like you are obsessed with BK for having an opinion you disagree with. I also like the way you presume we're all stupid sheep that can't think for ourselves.  

There's plenty of actual snake oil salesmen out there so go hassle them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
PS we busted through the EMA on the 1 day and the 3 day looks like its going to shatter it...........  hopefully some POS news will hit soon and off to da moon we go  Grin

Community Consensus:

-----------

Here we go again.

1st of all I am not gonna debate roger ver's comments because we all know he is not in favor of any bitcoin regulation at all. absolutely none.

2nd - I don't know how its going to eliminate the college dorm room start up.  First of all not every business in the BTC space will have to conform to the regulations, only those that hold bit coins.  Secondly start up business could just do business in other states, besides NY.

3rd - numerous businesses will not comply? Like coin base? gimme a break, they already comply.

4th - Community consensus - This is not the entire bitcoin ecosystem, just certain entrepreneurs at a conference, they could be anyone, even you.  So their opinion doesn't really mean anything.

Lastly I don't understand why you come in here and copy paste a bunch of bullshit, why don't you explain what exactly about the regulations will cripple the industry?

We had to have some regulation and yes now is the time, after the gox debacle, and numerous other exchanges, if people are going to hold money they have to be held accountable, thats just the way it is.

You act like we should have no regulation at all, which would be insane.   Yet you can't even point out the positive's and negatives of the new regulations, you probably don't understand them yourself.

Not to mention the fact that you do not have to use that exchange, just use a different, I mean it is bitcoin, I still don't know why you haven't figured this out yet.

Some regulation is good, it is needed if you want BTC to be the predominant e currency.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

Community Consensus:

-----------

Activity: 602
Current Difficulty    1430.73970768
Est. Next Difficulty    34.72463124 (Change in 1 Blocks)

^ Sweet coin

I agree, on the last big pump it hit 115 k satoshi 2x, and almost a third.  That seems to me to be the next big resistance we have to break.

Finding a floor above 30k was impossible with that inflation. The uncertainties over dev didn't help either but I'm quietly confident now.

I am overtly confident myself. Not sure if anyone noticed... :p

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/

To Do:
Release Proof of Stake Wallet - Being Worked on by Blocktech
Mobile Wallet App - (Doesn't NEED to stake, but would be nice).
Multipool
Official block explorer - The NautInsight one is nice, but it's not marked as official (it wouldn't hurt to have that block explorer moved to the nautiluscoin domain)
Video(s) - Make Nautiluscoin promo videos!
Website update - Front page update
Come up with more plans to get naut into the hands of more people and more in the public eye
Setup public bounty donation wallet

- Nautiluscoin Community Manager
 - - Note that much of my posts are my own observations and opinions and not necessarily representative of Nautiluscoin itself.

I agree, on the last big pump it hit 115 k satoshi 2x, and almost a third.  That seems to me to be the next big resistance we have to break.

Finding a floor above 30k was impossible with that inflation. The uncertainties over dev didn't help either but I'm quietly confident now.
Hi,

i need some help. My wallet is stuck since 10 hours. Im on wallet 1.1.0.0 was the only one i could find on the web site because the links from here dont work. Maybe someone knows if there is  a problem with the blockchain or something? Would be good to know.

Thanks in advance for any help

A new adopter of Nautiluscoin

Hi,

It's a stuck block, just have to wait until it syncs. The new POS wallet should be released any day.

Welcome aboard BTW
Hey thanks! Ok is good to know it is only one stuck block, happens Smiley Yes, im happy to start with Nautilus, think is one of the good coins out there and with POS will rock

I think NAUT is a smart choice in the current climate.

Definitely!

This tweet pretty much sums up 99% of crypto lately https://twitter.com/CryptoDaRock/status/498230395012648961/photo/1

That is pretty entertaining, I must point out though, NAUT really is undervalued right now though, and will be until it finds a floor ABOVE at LEAST 100k sat :p

Hi,

i need some help. My wallet is stuck since 10 hours. Im on wallet 1.1.0.0 was the only one i could find on the web site because the links from here dont work. Maybe someone knows if there is  a problem with the blockchain or something? Would be good to know.

Hi,

It's a stuck block, just have to wait until it syncs. The new POS wallet should be released any day.

Welcome aboard BTW
Hey thanks! Ok is good to know it is only one stuck block, happens Smiley Yes, im happy to start with Nautilus, think is one of the good coins out there and with POS will rock

Definitely!

This tweet pretty much sums up 99% of crypto lately https://twitter.com/CryptoDaRock/status/498230395012648961/photo/1

That is pretty entertaining, I must point out though, NAUT really is undervalued right now though, and will be until it finds a floor ABOVE at LEAST 100k sat :p
Hi,

Hi,

Welcome aboard BTW

Definitely!

Activity: 404
Beware
Hi,

i need some help. My wallet is stuck since 10 hours. Im on wallet 1.1.0.0 was the only one i could find on the web site because the links from here dont work. Maybe someone knows if there is  a problem with the blockchain or something? Would be good to know.

Hi,

Welcome aboard BTW

Definitely!
Hi,

i need some help. My wallet is stuck since 10 hours. Im on wallet 1.1.0.0 was the only one i could find on the web site because the links from here dont work. Maybe someone knows if there is  a problem with the blockchain or something? Would be good to know.

Hi,

Welcome aboard BTW

Activity: 355
Hi,

Hi,

Welcome aboard BTW
Hi,

Hi,

Welcome aboard BTW
Activity: 355
Hi,

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Any update from Bryce yet?  Thanks!
Nope Sad Silent as a gravestone when it comes to details. But at least he and BK confirmed on Twitter the other day that everything was going fine, but they didn't want to give any timelines whatsoever.

I'll take a confirmation over total silence any day.  And it does take time to come up with a truly unique PoS scheme.  Should be good [i hope].  Very curious what they'll come up with, it should really help the price.

Cheers!

Even a public github project with daily commits would show progress to the world.

With something new which can be easily copy and pasted they're probably not gonna submit anything until after launch.  Too many copy and paste devs looking for the next best thing which you can't blame given this is all open source.
Jump to: