Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 203. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

I've been following the progress here from afar for a while now, trying to decide whether to invest or not.  I understand that implementing PoS has been problematic and the coin has needed to recruit developers to help.

I was wondering though... what is the progress in this respect?  The Github source code has not had any new commits since early May.  Since the code has 0 Forks, I am assuming no one is working on a branch elsewhere.  Is someone developing offline?  If so, can they please made their commits publicly available?  Otherwise, potential investors are not likely to see this coin's development as progressing.

This will most likely happen upon release.

Why be secretive?  Other developers could probably pitch in if they knew what state the progress was in.  It would also alleviate any fears someone might have of a secretive stock-up before release in anticipation of a pump.

Thats how the alt game works: making money > innovation and practicality

But is that what this coin is based on?  I thought it was in part to bring some civility and stability to the altcoin scene.  Secrets != stability.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Im ready to get this muda faqa pumped up!!!!
Activity: 210
Good Morning -

First, let me apologize for not posting in a few days. The sell-off in the global financial markets has kept me a little busy.

A few things -

PoS - Blocktech working on it, I can't/won't give a time-frame because I have learned my lesson about deadlines and crypto-coding

Road-map - Yes...it will be released with PoS release; part of the road-map includes the dynamic PoS that we are working on and I dont want to release that until its done.

Finally, an interesting article on how the Euro and SEPA is the precursor to Bitcoin - http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2014/08/05/1916382/the-euro-as-a-precursor-to-bitcoin/

To my mind, if Bitcoin has a chance of becoming a global alternative to fiat, then NAUT will be a better option than BTC because it will pay 'interest' and be more stable.<---This is a teaser to the road-map for NAUT.

-BK

Good morning, BK.  Thanks for the articles and the update!  Can't wait to hear more.

I probably should have placed a warning on that article - it is VERY anti-bitcoin...not to worry I have contacted the reporter to set her straight Wink
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Good Morning -

First, let me apologize for not posting in a few days. The sell-off in the global financial markets has kept me a little busy.

A few things -

PoS - Blocktech working on it, I can't/won't give a time-frame because I have learned my lesson about deadlines and crypto-coding

Road-map - Yes...it will be released with PoS release; part of the road-map includes the dynamic PoS that we are working on and I dont want to release that until its done.

Finally, an interesting article on how the Euro and SEPA is the precursor to Bitcoin - http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2014/08/05/1916382/the-euro-as-a-precursor-to-bitcoin/

To my mind, if Bitcoin has a chance of becoming a global alternative to fiat, then NAUT will be a better option than BTC because it will pay 'interest' and be more stable.<---This is a teaser to the road-map for NAUT.

-BK

Good morning, BK.  Thanks for the articles and the update!  Can't wait to hear more.
Good Morning -

A few things -

-BK
Activity: 204
So Wild Ass Guess time?

I'd say 1.5 weeks until POS is live. And then magically a multipool appears around the same time.

We should have a list of things that need to be done (mongoose is pretty much taking care of that).

but we should also have a list of bounties for those things.  Even stuff that would just be "nice to have" ... like a faucet or dice game.

ohhhhh.     and i promised to troll about how we should keep the website and original post completely up to date.
I'm looking at the one day chart/MACD. Why are people dumping now?

Dont know. Lots of coins have seen some pretty big sells today, maybe people are not feeling good about BTC and want to change to fiat?

That being said, an update from BK would not hurt, if there is one.

A lot will dump right before it goes up

BK and I are busy getting matching NAutilus tattooed across our chests.  And we liquidated some nautiluscoin on the exchanges to pay for it.  Tattoos aren't cheap.

https://twitter.com/brian_simmers/status/496789401830428673

"it was NAUT forgotten about Wink...I have learned my lesson about making announcements prematurely"
"I am not going away, crypto is stuck with BK!  @Nautiluscoin is two chapters in my upcoming book on #bitcoin"

I like BK's response Smiley

Its great to hear from them, but people shouldn't worry that NAUT is going down just cause there has been no update, patience is a virtue.

Its obvious this thing is going to continue regardless of what it takes, the switch to the new devs is a good sign of that.  I actually like it when its quiet like this, after every dark night there is a bright day after that Smiley
https://twitter.com/brian_simmers/status/496789401830428673

"it was NAUT forgotten about Wink...I have learned my lesson about making announcements prematurely"
"I am not going away, crypto is stuck with BK!  @Nautiluscoin is two chapters in my upcoming book on #bitcoin"

I like BK's response Smiley
I'm looking at the one day chart/MACD. Why are people dumping now?

Dont know. Lots of coins have seen some pretty big sells today, maybe people are not feeling good about BTC and want to change to fiat?

That being said, an update from BK would not hurt, if there is one.

A lot will dump right before it goes up
Today is the one month anniversary of the John Fitch fight Wink
noooo not again, sorry just trying to bury something else this post is not meant as a response for you

LOL here I'll help you Smiley
Activity: 448

I've been following the progress here from afar for a while now, trying to decide whether to invest or not.  I understand that implementing PoS has been problematic and the coin has needed to recruit developers to help.

I was wondering though... what is the progress in this respect?  The Github source code has not had any new commits since early May.  Since the code has 0 Forks, I am assuming no one is working on a branch elsewhere.  Is someone developing offline?  If so, can they please made their commits publicly available?  Otherwise, potential investors are not likely to see this coin's development as progressing.

Why be secretive?  Other developers could probably pitch in if they knew what state the progress was in.  It would also alleviate any fears someone might have of a secretive stock-up before release in anticipation of a pump.

noooo not again, sorry just trying to bury something else this post is not meant as a response for you
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
Brian Kelly is probably busy crafting his next piece of propaganda to help Trojan Horse a Wall Street takeover of the cryptosphere:

http://falkvinge.net/2014/08/05/why-the-proposed-nyc-bitcoin-regulations-are-absolute-total-bullshit/

^^^ remember, this is same legislation that your hero believes is oh-so-necessary.
Activity: 534
maybe the announcement thing was a collective dream?  Grin

BK just tweeted this in response to someone:
@BrianKellyBK
@brian_simmers it was NAUT forgotten about Wink...I have learned my lesson about making announcements prematurely

Haha BK must be shaking his head at how quickly people get worried when they don't get any updates  Cheesy I'm not pointing fingers though, I'm the same way. It's been announced that Blocktech is working on it though, and until then there's probably not that much to say.

hehe yeah  Smiley i'm sure it's happening, and like someone mentioned earlier there could be privacy issues if NAUT is doing anything new with POS.

Activity: 154

BK just tweeted this in response to someone:
@BrianKellyBK
@brian_simmers it was NAUT forgotten about Wink...I have learned my lesson about making announcements prematurely

Haha BK must be shaking his head at how quickly people get worried when they don't get any updates  Cheesy I'm not pointing fingers though, I'm the same way. It's been announced that Blocktech is working on it though, and until then there's probably not that much to say.
Activity: 534
A worthwhile feature addition to the wallet  I think (as mentioned by Lord on irc)  would be the addition of social links. Such as the following.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nautiluscoin/
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=nautiluscoin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-naut-nautiluscoin-first-coin-wstabilization-fund-digishield-591114
https://twitter.com/nautiluscoin
The Facebook page same profiles.
Maybe we need a tumblr
And perhaps even display the naut to BTC rate and links to exchanges.

Yep!  I've been getting interested in another coin just because their wallet has buttons directly linking to all their social sites and the people in there are always nice and helpful.

i recommend downloading the xxxxxxx wallet to check out a perfect implementation of that feature.

i recommend downloading the xxxxxxx wallet to check out a great implementation of Proof Of Stake.

Guys, please don't think i'm EVER advertising other coins here.  I'm just very much into copying/improving the best practices of the competion and avoiding the worst practices/mistakes of the competition.

Crap

What's crap?  the features i suggested from those other coins?  Are you saying we should make the same mistakes as other shitcoins?  Are you saying that we can never have the same features as a more established coin?

I blacked out the names to the specific coins i mentioned.  Does that make you feel better?
Activity: 154

I've been following the progress here from afar for a while now, trying to decide whether to invest or not.  I understand that implementing PoS has been problematic and the coin has needed to recruit developers to help.

I was wondering though... what is the progress in this respect?  The Github source code has not had any new commits since early May.  Since the code has 0 Forks, I am assuming no one is working on a branch elsewhere.  Is someone developing offline?  If so, can they please made their commits publicly available?  Otherwise, potential investors are not likely to see this coin's development as progressing.

Why be secretive?  Other developers could probably pitch in if they knew what state the progress was in.  It would also alleviate any fears someone might have of a secretive stock-up before release in anticipation of a pump.
I think they're working on something rather unique and don't want it to be copied until it's ready for release. At least that's what I've understood by BK's and Bryce's tweets and posts. Couldn't hurt with an update from them though.
Jump to: