Pages:
Author

Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!! - page 9. (Read 2085654 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 103
SESAME
Equicex NAVCOIN (NAV) Visa Bitcoin Virtual and Prepaid Plastic Card
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvs9xS3Mm08
Activity: 794
Merit: 510
NavCoin Founder
ZeroCT Phase Two Testnet Launched

The fully featured ZeroCT implementation has been launched on the testnet and NavCoin has been listed on the Equicex Exchange & Debit Card platform.

This week's top story
ZeroCT Phase Two Testnet Launched

NavCoin’s new on-chain private transaction protocol ZeroCT has reached another major milestone with the deployment of its second phase to the testnet. The addition of non-denominational RSA accumulators and confidential transactions means the testnet now meets the design specification described in the ZeroCT white paper. With the main protocol implementation complete, the efforts shift to review, refinement, testing and interface design.

It seems the protocol is gaining some attention as development progresses. The ZeroCT white paper has been included in zk Capital’s newsletter which you can read here;

https://zkcapital.substack.com/p/this-month-in-blockchain-research 

If you want to try ZeroCT, you can build the binaries from the source code on GitHub or download the compiled binaries directly from the community site;

https://build.nav.community/zeroct1

The more people who can review the code and test the wallet, the faster and more thorough this process will be. You don’t have to be a developer to participate in the beta testing, just try it out and if anything doesn’t work as expected log an issue on GitHub and chat with us on Discord.

If you’re new to NavCoin or the ZeroCT protocol, a good place to start is with this two part article series that gives context around how the protocol was designed and what makes it unique;

https://medium.com/@craig.b.macgregor/private-transactions-the-road-to-zeroct-3bc7aa93cba0

More in this week's Community News

• Equicex Exchange & Debit Card
  • Community Fund GUI Merged
  • NavDroid Beta Testing
  • Bisq Decentralised Exchange Integration
  • Tokenview Block Explorer
  • Community Fund Update

Read the Full Article »

NavCoin Founder
ZeroCT Phase Two Approaches Testnet Release

Phase two of ZeroCT with Confidential Transactions is nearly ready to be deployed to the testnet, NavCoin’s Community Fund pays for carbon credits to offset the networks power consumption and the NavDroid is nearing completion.

This week's top story
ZeroCT Phase Two Approaches Testnet Release

Implementation of NavCoin’s new on chain privacy method ZeroCT is well under way and is fast approaching its next major milestone. The first phase was released on the testnet some weeks ago and is currently available for review and feedback on GitHub. In this first phase, the implementation is using multiple denomination based accumulators more similar to the original Zerocoin protocol, with the additional features like anonymous identities and the ability to transact within the accumulator as described in the ZeroCT white paper.

While phase one undergoes testing and review, Alex has been busy working on phase two and is nearly ready to deploy it to the testnet. This second phase includes confidential transactions and allows for private staking as well as regular transactions. This means the transaction amounts will no longer be visible on the blockchain and there will no longer be a requirement for denomination based accumulators.

From Alex’s testing so far, the performance of the implementation is looking good. Verifying a transaction takes ~450ms, sending a transaction takes ~650ms and staking takes ~2s.

Once the second phase is on the testnet there is going to be a lot of testing and peer review required to make sure that it operates as expected before launching this new protocol on the mainnet. The more people who can review the code and test the protocol, the faster and more thorough this process will be. If you want to get involved in testing and code reviews, please join us on GitHub and Discord.

• Carbon Neutral NavCoin
  • NavDroid StakeBox
  • Coindirect Activates Euro Deposits & Trading
  • New Instant Exchange Listing
  • Community Fund Infographic

Read the Full Article »

NavCoin Founder
BlockchainNZ Talk & NavCoin Meetup

This week NavCoin’s Co-Founder Craig talked at the first Blockchain NZ event of the year, the first inaugural NavCoin Meetup in Auckland was held and the Spanish translation of the NavCoin website is live.

This week's top story
BlockchainNZ Talk & NavCoin Meetup

The Blockchain Association of NZ invited NavCoin’s Co-Founder Craig MacGregor to speak at their first speaker series event of the year in Auckland, New Zealand. The talk was held at the GridAKL event space in the innovation precinct of downtown Auckland. Craig’s presentation covered the full breadth of NavCoin from its values and how it started to what the protocol is and what the future holds. The presentation was well received and was followed by an energetic Q&A session from the engaged audience. If you want to check out the presentation it is available for download here.

After the BlockchainNZ event, attending NavCoin Core team and some of the BlockchainNZ members headed down to the Jack Tar on the waterfront for the NavCoin meetup. The meetup was more of a casual social event, but it marks the first of many NavCoin and Blockchain meetups NavCoin Core are hoping to host in Auckland this year to help spread awareness about the NavCoin protocol and community.

• Bulletproofs added to ZeroCT PR
  • NavCoin listed on Nova Exchange
  • NavCoin in the News
  • NavExplorer migrated to ElasticSearch
  • NavDroid StakeBox Progress
  • Craig to speak at Blockchain NZ Event Tomorrow
  • Community Fund Projects Update

Read the Full Article »

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\

OK I understand now!  Yes the problem is now indeed solved!

Thank you very much for your assistance with this. Much appreciated!

cool

all the best
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
WTF? Today is my 5 year anniversary on bitcointalk....I need to do something with my life  Grin

Very cool to see some old accounts remaining active in the community. OMFG, what a ride it's been.

Great to see new faces as well, you've stumbled into a great project.

Staking 24/7 again, nom nom nom nom.

"orphan stakes are the worst"

Congratulations man!
version 4.5.2
I was staking in the past but moved all of the coins from my main balance.

Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to attach screenshots here. But my main balance is 0 and my staking balance is like as follows:

24H: 0 NAV
7D: 0 NAV
30D: 0 NAV
1Y: 0 NAV
ALL: 17.03450789 NAV

When I try to change the inputs I am unable to select the input from my staking balance like you can.

Maybe there is some confusion.
The above data only shows amount of coins staked during time periods and not actual balance. Balance would be above that on wallet under "Balances"
Staked coins typically end up the same wallet address as they are staked from.

I'm assuming at this point the problem is solved  Grin

If that is not the issue then continue troubleshooting below::::::

Check you wallet balances here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/ & https://www.navexplorer.com/

If you find the explorer balance does not match the wallet balance then you could try re-indexing to correct this.

1) backup wallet.dat
2) find folder on computer where navcoin-qt.exe is located.
3) In that folder(for windows machine) hold shift and right-click, select open command window here.
4) in command window type "navcoin-qt -reindex" with a space between "qt" and "-reindex".
5) let wallet sync 100%
6) check balance

OK I understand now!  Yes the problem is now indeed solved!

Thank you very much for your assistance with this. Much appreciated!
legendary
version 4.5.2

Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to attach screenshots here. But my main balance is 0 and my staking balance is like as follows:

When I try to change the inputs I am unable to select the input from my staking balance like you can.

Maybe there is some confusion.
The above data only shows amount of coins staked during time periods and not actual balance. Balance would be above that on wallet under "Balances"
Staked coins typically end up the same wallet address as they are staked from.

I'm assuming at this point the problem is solved  Grin

If that is not the issue then continue troubleshooting below::::::

Check you wallet balances here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/ & https://www.navexplorer.com/

If you find the explorer balance does not match the wallet balance then you could try re-indexing to correct this.

1) backup wallet.dat
2) find folder on computer where navcoin-qt.exe is located.
3) In that folder(for windows machine) hold shift and right-click, select open command window here.
4) in command window type "navcoin-qt -reindex" with a space between "qt" and "-reindex".
5) let wallet sync 100%
6) check balance
version 4.5.2

legendary
Does anyone know how I can move my staking balance to my main balance within the Navcoin wallet?

it should be as easy as:

1)lockwallet to stop staking, wait a few confirmation cycles for any recently stakes coins to mature.

2)settings>options>wallet   check "enable coin control"

3)on send tab, add the preferred address to send to and choose the inputs(address) to send from.

*)always test with a small amount of coin(1 coin) until you are sure you have the technique figured out.

this doesn't seem to be working. I actually have 0 in my main balance but my staking balance is 17. Is this what is causing the problem?

What version of wallet are you using?
How are you staking if you have 0 in your main address?
Have you checked balances against the Nav explorer to ensure accuracy?

this should be pretty straight forward.
You select the inputs to use for sending

Then add address where you want to send coins
Does anyone know how I can move my staking balance to my main balance within the Navcoin wallet?

it should be as easy as:

1)lockwallet to stop staking, wait a few confirmation cycles for any recently stakes coins to mature.

3)on send tab, add the preferred address to send to and choose the inputs(address) to send from.

*)always test with a small amount of coin(1 coin) until you are sure you have the technique figured out.

this doesn't seem to be working. I actually have 0 in my main balance but my staking balance is 17. Is this what is causing the problem?
legendary

it should be as easy as:

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
WTF? Today is my 5 year anniversary on bitcointalk....I need to do something with my life  Grin

Very cool to see some old accounts remaining active in the community. OMFG, what a ride it's been.

Happy anniversary!

Cheers to the next 5!
Activity: 373
They walk among us...

Ahhh John, Well I for one have missed you!

And many happy returns on your 5th anniversary!

Go team Nav!
legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
Perfect Team
Activity: 373
They walk among us...
All your hard work really is paying off guys!

Keep it up Nav Devs it really is appreciated!
NavCoin Founder
NEXT Lite Wallet Preview Available

The NavCoin Community is a hive of activity this week with NEXT launching their lite wallet preview, the Bulletproofs Library added to the ZeroCT, three articles published about NavCoin and a BTC/NAV pair being added on NovaExchange.

This week's top story
NEXT Lite Wallet Preview Available

The NEXT Wallet developers have released the public alpha version of their lite wallet for NavCoin. NEXT first launched in June 2018 as an alternate interface for NavCoin Core. Since then NEXT has added support for multiple cryptocurrencies running as full nodes including LTC, DASH, PIVX and more. Updates have included advanced features for NavCoin such as community fund integration, news and a marketplace.

This latest release includes the capability to send and receive NavCoin without needing to download and validate gigabytes of blockchain data. After creating a wallet and securing it with a passphrase you can instantly start using NavCoin. The private keys never leave your device and signed transactions are sent to the broadcast server from the wallet which are unable to be tampered with in transit.

The lite wallet capability is still being tested by the development team, so if you want to check it out and participate in the public beta test then please download the latest version and join the navcoin discord server to give your feedback.

As with all pre-release software that is being publicly tested, be sensible with how much NAV you move there until a stable release is available.

For further information please see the NEXT Lite Wallet (v1.1.3) release notes.

• Bulletproofs added to ZeroCT PR
  • NavCoin listed on Nova Exchange
  • NavCoin in the News
  • NavExplorer migrated to ElasticSearch
  • NavDroid StakeBox Progress
  • Craig to speak at Blockchain NZ Event Tomorrow
  • Community Fund Projects Update

Read the Full Article »

legendary
whats up homies  Cool

I just went through the hated fresh wallet sync on the new wallet and importing private keys.
All went well, wallet works like a champ.... Team Nav has been legit for days, well done.

Just staked my first coin in 5 months. Forgot how rewarding is feels Grin
12,587 coins staked total over the years...sup

Markets are starting to feel good again

Thanks CryptoJohn! It's always good to get a compliment from someone like yourself who's been around for ages Cool

Thanks Pakage, I've always appreciated what the NAV team has accomplished and the time spent doing so.
Pages:
Jump to: