Pages:
Author

Topic: (ANN) Netcoin has gone POS! With PIR & OWI - page 30. (Read 142149 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Darn, why is the value of NET in free fall?  Tons of people dumping the coins, but why?

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
re: the website
This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to netcoinfoundation.org, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Activity: 333
Merit: 103
You can now use netcoin to play here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-1-player-edge-games-the-golden-egg-sponsored-by-worldaidcoin-1201700

0% house edge till wednesday with the party egg game!

Enjoy  Grin
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
CCMINER.NET
September 29, 2015, 04:56:02 AM
NET has won this weeks vote on Cryptopia.

It will now be listed there for trading.

It will be on Poloniex in the future??

Netcoin is now listed at cryptopia. Go show some love!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange

Activity: 298
Merit: 100
Netcoins are the best coins!
September 28, 2015, 08:39:53 PM

Netcoin is now listed at cryptopia. Go show some love!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
September 28, 2015, 02:54:12 PM

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
September 23, 2015, 04:57:36 PM
Hi there.
Is there any ongoing fork or sync trouble with NET? My wallet stopped syncing on block 765989 and even if I delete the blockchain and try to resync from scratch, it stops at the same point... Sad

Just to give a follow-up, I solved the problem deleting completely the blockchain files and having the wallet syncing from block 0 Smiley
My first attempt to solve the problem using my blk0001.dat file as a bootstrap didn't work...
Activity: 154
September 22, 2015, 03:35:28 PM
this coin will continue running no matter what people like the staking
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
September 22, 2015, 02:31:24 PM
Nope, Everything is working fine for me..
Activity: 108
September 22, 2015, 05:13:42 AM
Hi there.
Is there any ongoing fork or sync trouble with NET? My wallet stopped syncing on block 765989 and even if I delete the blockchain and try to resync from scratch, it stops at the same point... Sad
Activity: 194
Promoting Independence and Personal Responsibility
September 14, 2015, 03:00:50 PM
What's the max netcoin/supply cap? Is there any? I haven't found a conclusive answer besides 384 million coins but since POS is obviously varied, I would like to know, thanks.

Edit, my wallet synced and shows 481 million + netcoins created so obviously 384 million is not hte right number.

There is no upper limit. release is controlled through staking and amounts unspent for those periods. that said this december pir will halve. so if there are 500 million coins then if all were untouched and staked one could expect approx 180 million coins new for the next year.

it sounds high but if you look at it in this way with 474 million coins out only 474 people can own a million each.

big changes soon. new wallet, new sites, funded projects and services to release. got an idea/skills? put it to the foundation and get funded in netcoin to deliver. these funds come from big net owners that bought coins on exchanges that out of their own pockets want to further netcoin. get building!!!

Ah ok, great, thanks.

I'm just a user/investor, so I hope the sites and services that come out will be nice.

"just" a user/investor:  Those in NET we consider are more than "just" Smiley

As o0o0 said, there is a lot in the works, and soon we'll be showing it.  Don't have a definitive timeline on the new sites yet (we're locking everything down, private servers, security, etc).  But, hang tight, as we begin to announce what we're working on Smiley

Glad to have you as part of the community!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
September 13, 2015, 08:29:19 AM
What's the max netcoin/supply cap? Is there any? I haven't found a conclusive answer besides 384 million coins but since POS is obviously varied, I would like to know, thanks.

Edit, my wallet synced and shows 481 million + netcoins created so obviously 384 million is not hte right number.

There is no upper limit. release is controlled through staking and amounts unspent for those periods. that said this december pir will halve. so if there are 500 million coins then if all were untouched and staked one could expect approx 180 million coins new for the next year.

it sounds high but if you look at it in this way with 474 million coins out only 474 people can own a million each.

big changes soon. new wallet, new sites, funded projects and services to release. got an idea/skills? put it to the foundation and get funded in netcoin to deliver. these funds come from big net owners that bought coins on exchanges that out of their own pockets want to further netcoin. get building!!!
Activity: 71
September 12, 2015, 04:26:33 AM
do you know how long that will be??

Whats up with the Webpage???

It's currently down.  We're pulling together a new website / function (including new - dedicated web developers).  Sorry for the inconvenience...but hang tight Smiley  Good things ahead!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
September 11, 2015, 10:12:29 PM

You'll be amazed at how capable craptsy's servers are at generating PoS rewards (using the client's deposits).

Its as if they are creating money out of thin air... Roll Eyes

September 10, 2015, 09:44:48 AM

It's currently down.  We're pulling together a new website / function (including new - dedicated web developers).  Sorry for the inconvenience...but hang tight Smiley  Good things ahead!
September 10, 2015, 09:43:49 AM
The main market is cryptsy? I am asking because the volume there is very very low like around 0.5btc per day

Yup.  Main market is currently Cryptsy.  Volume has quieted recently, but that's ok.  It ebbs and flows (last months we were in the 2-5btc ranges).

Activity: 71
September 09, 2015, 02:40:56 PM
Activity: 348
The Exchange for EOS Community
September 09, 2015, 11:42:33 AM
The main market is cryptsy? I am asking because the volume there is very very low like around 0.5btc per day
September 08, 2015, 10:27:10 AM
Tripjammer: So did the rules change? Is it still 80 percent if you have 1 million NET?

- Rules / rewards have not changed.  It is still currently at 80% if you hold at least 1million net (and will remain at that level through December)

bitbabba:
Hi folks
my pir calculator said that with 10 000 000 net I get 100% interest in 1 year, but I've read somewere that since august 2015 the interest would have been cut to 45%.
Am I right or is it still 100% , if so it's going to be cut in the future?

The change in reward is based on when a certain block hits.  When it was implemented, we extrapolated based on expected block time, and how long it would take to hit that block (originally estimated August 2015).  However, the year 2 changeover will be later than expected due to a few months of slow blocks due to a bug in the staking diff function that has since been fixed and released.

So, the change to 45% won't occur till December (expected).

The main thread has been updated (here are the new expected changes in a visual form).

Activity: 394
September 07, 2015, 01:08:01 PM
Hey Guys,

Snappy here subbing in:  So, we ran some calculations on the PIR change, and it appears the date of change will be later this year (not the end of this month).

Here's why:

The PIR phase (i.e. which 'year' applies) is based on the block height.

It assumes a rate of 1 block per minute for a year (365*24*60 = 525,600 blocks between rate changes)
Phase 1 start block height   420,000 (when POS started)
Phase 2 start block height   945,600
Phase 3 start block height   1,471,200

The year 2 changeover will be later than expected due to a few months of very...and we mean very slow blocks due to a bug in the staking diff function that has since been fixed and released (these were the updates a while back).

Some Recent block height samples (approx a week apart) that we ran a little bit ago:

09 June 2012 22:51   653,944
16 June 2013 22:31   664,116

10172   blocks in last week
1453   blocks per day average

945600   block of next PIR change

281484   blocks until PIR change
193.7   approx days until change...which means we'll be seeing/expecting a change Late December this year.

Wanted to give you all a heads up!

You need to update the front of the page bro...new people coming in may think they the stage rates have already changed...
Pages:
Jump to: