Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEWB - The crypto market's dirty little secret - page 18. (Read 153786 times)

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
When will it be possible to swap Newb-NXT to Newb-ETH?

I would put the timeframe for automated swap at 12- 24 months depending on when Ethereum moves to POS.  Manual swaps would not be practical.  

Great!! hope we'll see a 1$ newbium by then  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000
Dev, where is your team?

We have a decentralized team located around the world, development is always taking place even when we do not provide updates.    

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

I’ve been trying to figure out how to explain Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, and ICOs in a short elevator pitch.  Got a great suggestion from “Blockchain Business Consultants” (www.bchainconsult.com) I’m sharing here.  If you like it, please feel free to use it.  If you have suggestions to make this better (but not longer), please let me know.

How to Explain Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, and ICOs in one short paragraph Elevator Pitch

A blockchain is a secure distributed ledger or database where past “blocks” of entries are “locked in” so securely that you cannot alter them.  It is not run by a company or any trusted party—but a computer network.  A network of computers reach a consensus on the current block of transactions and once a majority agree, the new block of transactions is locked onto the blockchain database.  It’s a virtually unhackable, highly secure distributed ledger that can replace intermediaries like banks, or any company and authority now relied on as “trusted party” or controller of an information system.  With “Smart contracts” in the blockchain system, executed by the computer network when agreed upon conditions are met, you can conduct transactions without lawyers and middlemen.  Blockchain is used for virtually unhackable digital currency to pay for online transactions (cryptocurrency—like Bitcoin, Ether, others) and for a new means of raising funds:  an “Initial Coin Offering” where you produce a “token” you can trade on a blockchain that, combined with Smart Contracts, provides rights to buyers to use services or buy products.
legendary
Ca't withdraw Newbium to etherwallet... says it needs nxt address .

For NEWB on C-Cex exchange you will need to store it using Nxt wallet.  Etherwallet is used to store NEWB traded on EtherDelta.

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Ca't withdraw Newbium to etherwallet... says it needs nxt address .
legendary

I would put the timeframe for automated swap at 12- 24 months depending on when Ethereum moves to POS.  Manual swaps would not be practical.  
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Be a part of the revolution

Good work Dev team, I am already seeing the activities on newbium price on c-cex at this rate we should be seeing 400sat days again
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Be a part of the revolution
I feel like using it as payment for advertising would be a very good idea, like PoSW.
Yes, has our traffic level grows so will requirements for ad space thereby pushing up demand for NEWB.  We feel this is a proven and reliable method and sets us up for strong growth in the future.

We also want to add that we have another use case which may even surpass advertising demand.  This use case is tied to chat.newbium.com and is quite innovative.  Users will require NEWB if they wish to make announcements that send mass notifications to all Newbium chat users (site-wide notifications).  

Normally on Slack you can use the @channel to notify those on your team which maybe a handful of users or a large group.  In any case this is still much smaller than the total population of slack users.  Now imagine if you could target all users across every slack team with a general announcement that would greatly increase your reach and would be very valuable.  Unfortunate it would also generate much more notifications than there are even now with slack for example.

To control site-wide notification spam users will need to pay to use the function, they will have to pay in NEWB.  The amount of NEWB to use this function will not be as high per say but since many coins need to make important announcements then we foresee strong NEWB demand because of this simple use case.  

There are technically no limit to how many site-wide (mass) notifications can be sent but ad space is always limited due to real estate constraint on the site.  

Great news! Realistic use cases.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1050
I have newbium on Mynxt (which is closing) and Newbium on ethereum Blockchain.

Please dev, can you explain which is the one on coinmarketcap?

Newbium on NXT -----> Exchange?

Newbium on Eth -----> Etherdelta?

Both NEWB NXT & NEWB ETH are on coinmarketcap.   Please move your NEWB NXT from MyNxt wallet to either the NXT local wallet follow instructions here: https://medium.com/newbium-news-updates/newbium-nxt-blockchain-coin-distribution-process-c6c716a786b1    or temporarily move it to C-Cex exchange.

Thank you, I am trying to access my MyNxt Wallet account in the Nxt Client.
I am following this precedure https://nxtforum.org/mynxt-info/accessing-your-mynxt-wallet-accounts-in-the-nxt-client/

Alternatively you can just type in your account number and secret passphrase into the desktop wallet.

Do you mean I can Import my wallet or I have to send to a new address? I prefer to import because on mynxt wallet I have some assets.

NXT works on a brainwallet meaning if you have your NXT address and the secret passphrase you should be able to log into your account from any computer with a NXT wallet.

Check MyNxt wallet to see if it give you the option of writing down and backing up your secret passphrase.
Activity: 434

Both NEWB NXT & NEWB ETH are on coinmarketcap.   Please move your NEWB NXT from MyNxt wallet to either the NXT local wallet follow instructions here: https://medium.com/newbium-news-updates/newbium-nxt-blockchain-coin-distribution-process-c6c716a786b1    or temporarily move it to C-Cex exchange.

I am following this precedure https://nxtforum.org/mynxt-info/accessing-your-mynxt-wallet-accounts-in-the-nxt-client/

Alternatively you can just type in your account number and secret passphrase into the desktop wallet.

Do you mean I can Import my wallet or I have to send to a new address? I prefer to import because on mynxt wallet I have some assets.
legendary

legendary
How is the token from NXT to ARDR/IGNIS going to be handled?

We will not move to IGNIS chain but instead migrate directly to Newbium childchain once childchains are enabled on Ardor.

ok childchains? I'll look into it, sounds insteresting

Childchains is the main feature of Ardor (Nxt 2.0) and will allow us to do much more with NEWB NXT token.
legendary

legendary

We will not move to IGNIS chain but instead migrate directly to Newbium childchain once childchains are enabled on Ardor.

ok childchains? I'll look into it, sounds insteresting
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
This is a unique Idea for those who are interested in Crypto News.

Thanks for telling us for such an important thing.

legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
Pages:
Jump to: