Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 66. (Read 101968 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Sounds interesting, but it's a bit unclear to me how far you are with actual development?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
NXT stakeholders will camp this thread out spreading FUD. They have an agenda to push. I advise you to put them on ignore. Actually, you should make it a habit to put any obvious bitcointalk shill / fake account on ignore.

You are mistaken, FrictionlessCoin actively invites NXT stakeholders to join this thread, by camping and promoting in all the NXT threads..

btw. I'm a bit disappointed by FrictionlessCoin, at first I thought, this is the most awesomest and bestest announcement ever... but then he won't even reply to me when I suggest changing the name to NIX... very disappointing

and after giving even more thought to this, how can it be a fair distribution if you have to reply with "interested" in this thread to be among the chosen ones... I mean look at all those poor guys without computer and internet... totally left in the cold.. or what about all the animals and trees on this planet... how can they get their NIX NEX... the more I think about it the sadder I get, maybe FrictionlessCoin just wants to fill his development account to be able to afford some real NXT or some real NEXX

Not this crap from NXT Joseph Smith aka BCNext again:

Code:
Q:  How would you solve problem with scam accusations according to "unfair" distribution Nxt to 73 big stakeholders?
BCNext: “This problem can not be solved.  Even if we had a million stakeholders the rest seven billion people would call this unfair.  A world with the money can not be perfect.”

Geeee one could think that someone as smart as Divine Prophet of Church of Lets-Divide-Crap-Among-Ourselves-And-Sell-It would be a little better with numbers.

Here is a funny thing: Distributing NEX to 730 people would make its initial base 10 times bigger than that of NXT. How about distributing it to 5000 people?
One could think that this would lead to faster propagation, bigger userbase, more chance of adoption, no?
Not to mention it would be at least a iiiiiittle bit more fair. And at least somewhat less monopolized and prone to price manipulation.
Geee distribution can not be solved fairly, so lets bring it to extreme??

Not that fairness has much to do with anything business related. But it has to do with public perception, and perception is everything.
See thats why they have to repeat these Q/A to debunk NXT myths.
And if they're willing to pull that argument, here you go - 730 people is certainly MORE fair, duh!
OOO
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

I am interested, too.

BTW, how about distributing coins based on Bitcoin ledger?

For example, the first big distribution occurs proportionally to the
amount of bitcoins held. After that, gradual distribution of lottery
system calculated from all Bitcoin's block headers and balance (this
will ensure on-going distribution which is unpredictable).

Also, this will make all existing bitcoins (and future coins) worth
more, which (I think) is good for the entire cryptocoin's faith.

It would be interesting to start a discussion on how best to fairly distribute the coins.

Distribution should not be proportional to how wealthy you are.  Rather is should be based on another metric.  

Distrubution similar to Bitcoin should be proportional to the effort expended to secure and improve the network.  How that is done is open to discussion.

Funding (wealth) and human effort (time) are both resources. I agree distribution for any coin should not be based on purely wealth, however neither should it be based on purely human effort.  Both resource units go hand in hand i.e. both wealth and human effort can be donated towards the success of a project.

This topic need more discussion I agree.

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
We need a good logo Smiley!

totally agree, and we need to support FrictionlessCoin with all we can.
he's still fighting the obfuscated code I guess - hope he can win this battle

I made a first draft, still a bit rough on the edges, but maybe a starter

(come on guys don't let this thread starve, it's so much fun)
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
rnr
Activity: 247
Yes, NEX as much as possible for me  Grin
Activity: 490
I am interested, please add me   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W
We need a good logo Smiley!
Activity: 126
I find all this trolling hilarious, because it's going to give a legitimate coindev the idea to actually go ahead and clone NXT. Judging by the interest in this thread there is huge pent-up demand for a new NXT. It's only a matter of time.
Activity: 155
how do I get my NEX?
 Grin
Activity: 3
Yes, I want NEX.  Cheesy
Activity: 2
Ok, BCFrictionless. But how do I get my NEX ?Dear
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Reposted in case FrictionlessCoin overlooked it:

The code that you claim is open source has been obfuscated in certain places.

This is a lie. Point to these places if u don't want to get reputation of a liar.

From:  https://github.com/slothbag/nxt-decompiled/blob/master/Nxt.java

line 2744:

Code:
 JSONObject response = new JSONObject();
        response.put("response", "denyAccess");
        ??? = new JSONArray();
        ???.add(response);
        JSONObject combinedResponse = new JSONObject();
        combinedResponse.put("responses", ???);

uh... what is ? ? ?

You folks have been lying through your teeth from day 1.   Release the source code!!!!

The source that was officially released 2014-01-03 is here, clown:

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt-public/src/4073c21098076d3469b3f74d49e73ffabe3a2001/Nxt.java?at=master

Code:
	JSONObject response = new JSONObject();
response.put("response", "denyAccess");
JSONArray responses = new JSONArray();
responses.add(response);
JSONObject combinedResponse = new JSONObject();
combinedResponse.put("responses", responses);

As you and everybody else knows, only the core is made open source now and exactly that was claimed. The decompiled bunk you posted in order to troll around is irrelevant. Frictionless, you are ridiculous and you know it  Grin

A little push for anyone who truly believes this is not a joke. The "developer"  (Grin) of this copycat project doesn't even realize the difference between a faulty decompiled source and the real deal. I do admit it made me burst into laughter... Frictionless, step up your entertainment a bit, you were better earlier.

Activity: 720
Merit: 103
Activity: 350
Activity: 6
Activity: 56
Interested!

Enjoyed the banter on the first few pages very much. Trolling raised to an art form.
Activity: 264
It's been nearly been 4 hours since my KLONE announcement, so I'm hopeful a few sock puppet accounts are close to maturity.

How many KLONE genesis block inductees will we get today? I'm excited Smiley

Remember, KLONE is about 'practical fairness', and about selecting people for the genesis block who actually care about the survival of this coin enough to get it airborne.

We all love free stuff, but when something has a 'price', it has more 'value' to us, so we care about it more.

People value things they 'paid' for, much more than things they get free.

Compare a public toilet to the toilet in an average house. Which one smells better? The one somebody pays for (the owner of the house), or the free public one?

Yes, the FREE one ends up with shit everywhere that nobody cleans, ... coz, its free ... and someone else can do it, right!

Price is not only $$ or bitcoins, it is time and effort too.

KLONE is pioneering a new way, a fair way, and a smart way, to ethically secure the genesis block distribution.

KLONE has a bouncer on the door, and in order to get into 'Club KLONE' and party with the genesis block coins, you wont need to pay any money, but you will need to show you 'care' and have commitment.

That bouncer is "proof-of-clone" POC!

NEX is like a public toilet. Nobody will care enough to make it work, so it'll end up dirty and smelly - "out of order"

Start a NXT clone today and join other NXT'ers who have shown their commitment to NXT by starting their own NXT clone!

KLONE makes sense!

KLONE is fun!

KLONE can be marketed easily (think Doge, but with way more opportunities for fun)

And with only 1 million coins ....

Go on, make that sock puppet and get KLONING today!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-klone-descendant-of-nxt-1-million-coins-very-rare-423647
Activity: 238
yeah,more people join us,interested!
wo can get 1000 page in 60days,yet?
Activity: 183
TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W
it woud be very, very cool to see a better distributed version of next coin!
interessted.
Pages:
Jump to: