Author

Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool - page 335. (Read 794124 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Haha... I was really hoping NiceHash hadn't clued in that someone might try to mine back to the pool =p.  Was going to order 1BTC worth of hashing at 7.4BTC/GH, directed back at nicehash with p=9.4 haha.

Guess I have to setup a stratum endpoint if I want to try this little game =p.
Tried that. Got it running. But the problem is, you don't get any workers on your order, and your order won't get to better paying orders than yours. It just sits there Cheesy
ie;
Your order will be dead most of the time, because price is not good enough for your miningpower to come alive.
If your order is alive, all workers are on better paying orders and not on yours.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
My cudaminer isn't authenticating when I set "p=6.0" even though there is live work orders in the 7.1-6.6 range. Why does this happen? It does not appear they're all at their limit so I should be getting work on something.
The live orders in the 6.6-7.1 range are "full".  Buyers can limit their orders to a certain GH/s rate.  If there are no jobs to join, the server will not show as live. **

(** However, sometimes this is not working correctly (mentioned in this thread a few times), and NiceHash will appear alive but not offer work.)
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
My cudaminer isn't authenticating when I set "p=6.0" even though there is live work orders in the 7.1-6.6 range. Why does this happen? It does not appear they're all at their limit so I should be getting work on something.
Haha... I was really hoping NiceHash hadn't clued in that someone might try to mine back to the pool =p.  Was going to order 1BTC worth of hashing at 7.4BTC/GH, directed back at nicehash with p=9.4 haha.

But that's like a snake eating its own tail!
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
Had same problem I restarted miner it reconected just fine.
Yup... but this certainly isn't an acceptable solution.  I lost a minute of hashing while I was watching my rigs... if I wasn't sitting here, they would probably still be stuck almost an hour later, because there haven't been any new jobs.

Something is broken with the work queues... With p=9.8 set right now, my rigs connect to the pool, but never receive any work (and will sit idle for a LONG time).  It appears that the pool is accepting connections when there is a job at 9.8, but not actually assigning my workers to the job.

I reported this a few days ago and it is still doing it.
I seem to have an sgminer patch that fixes this - won't consider a pool alive unless it is supplying work. A bit hacky, but working okay.  Will test for a bit.

do let us know how that works out, and i do agree with you it is not an acceptance solution , i just happened to be watching my rig from work and noticed it idle.
Something is broken with the work queues... With p=9.8 set right now, my rigs connect to the pool, but never receive any work (and will sit idle for a LONG time).  It appears that the pool is accepting connections when there is a job at 9.8, but not actually assigning my workers to the job.

I seem to have an sgminer patch that fixes this - won't consider a pool alive unless it is supplying work. A bit hacky, but working okay.  Will test for a bit.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Something is broken with the work queues... With p=9.8 set right now, my rigs connect to the pool, but never receive any work (and will sit idle for a LONG time).  It appears that the pool is accepting connections when there is a job at 9.8, but not actually assigning my workers to the job.

Yup... but this certainly isn't an acceptable solution.  I lost a minute of hashing while I was watching my rigs... if I wasn't sitting here, they would probably still be stuck almost an hour later, because there haven't been any new jobs.
Activity: 307
Merit: 102

---

Activity: 126
I have two three suggestions to improve the site stat interface:

• Add percentage of rejected shares to the order list so we can get an idea of the rejects at a glance. You can include it under "Rejected GH" in parenthesis for example.
  • Have the miner stat address page show what order is currently being mined.
  • Include the orderbook right in the miner stat page so we don't have to keep flipping between two pages on the site.

Overall, pretty happy with nicehash so far.

+1 on this. The graph is very iphone unfriendly so seeing this in text firm would be great.
I would like to see a separate graph for current balance and current income rate instead of the overlay.
trc
Activity: 164
Edit: Nevermind. Deleted.
Didn't want to affect a free market after giving it a thought...
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
kenshirothefist: do you think we're going to see a few local stratum endpoints soon?  Would be great to have at least 1 endpoint in North America, so we can beat back these reject rates a bit.

Working on it, but it's not a trivial task ... we're still evaluating different approaches (combined aggregation, local aggregation for the buyer to select hash power locality, etc.) ... But yes, we'll do it if all goes well.
I have two three suggestions to improve the site stat interface:

• Add percentage of rejected shares to the order list so we can get an idea of the rejects at a glance. You can include it under "Rejected GH" in parenthesis for example.
  • Have the miner stat address page show what order is currently being mined.
  • Include the orderbook right in the miner stat page so we don't have to keep flipping between two pages on the site.

Overall, pretty happy with nicehash so far.
kenshirothefist: do you think we're going to see a few local stratum endpoints soon?  Would be great to have at least 1 endpoint in North America, so we can beat back these reject rates a bit.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Ok a request from a provider standpoint. On the page were we can look at our stats is there a way to include current BTC/Day/MH, I know this will float as orders change but it will give us an idea of current rate to crunch a few numbers on.

Current as well as past BTC/GH/day is already displayed with yellow color in the graphs - point your mouse over the yellow line and you'll see the value ... we'll also add more textual stats in the future.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Rockem Sockem
 Ok a request from a provider standpoint. On the page were we can look at our stats is there a way to include current BTC/Day/MH, I know this will float as orders change but it will give us an idea of current rate to crunch a few numbers on.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Anyone else seems to be getting disconnected frequently? Global stats on the site seems to be dropping down to 0GH/s at times the past hour.

yes, just noticed the same.... I guess they are working on the service in the background.
Activity: 202
Anyone else seems to be getting disconnected frequently? Global stats on the site seems to be dropping down to 0GH/s at times the past hour.
trc
Activity: 164
This is so much more convenient than fixing the price a few times a day, watching for any downtime to compensate customers for and also dealing with scum not sending the funds after hitting the rent button at - you know where.

A well thought out, proper service with integrated wallet. Thank you!
Jump to: