Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noirbits TAKEOVER ! Update v2.2.5.0 - fixes sync issue - page 10. (Read 24746 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Wohoo, my client works.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
a temporary fix, would be to limit the client to a few, only the good nodes until an update that completely cuts them off is pushed.

The issue has nothing to do with a rogue node. Even when syncing with known, proper nodes, the issue arises.
if you are certain. good luck on your competition, would be nice if this was run on testnet using cpu's for interested people. That way it can be used to test out new ideas and updates with a lot of peers involved before it goes mainstream.

Isn't that the whole idea of testnet ?  Grin
i mean having a permanent running testnet.

permanent running testnet?Huh wtf are you talking about? testnet is always running! damn

are you running on testnet right now or are you just talking?
Activity: 819
a temporary fix, would be to limit the client to a few, only the good nodes until an update that completely cuts them off is pushed.

The issue has nothing to do with a rogue node. Even when syncing with known, proper nodes, the issue arises.
if you are certain. good luck on your competition, would be nice if this was run on testnet using cpu's for interested people. That way it can be used to test out new ideas and updates with a lot of peers involved before it goes mainstream.

permanent running testnet?Huh wtf are you talking about? testnet is always running! damn
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Tested it just now, works Cheesy

I did have to delete the blockchain first.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
There you go, latest version for Windows available !

Here's the link : https://mega.co.nz/#!cw0GABrD!bHxg5Qr5IZp9jGJSEMv6YjXBzqVVFyz0auDNjUnKaVk (also available in first post)
Activity: 129
Now that most of our problems seem to be behind us, we should try to get back on Cryptsy in the next few days!
Can someone post 2.2.3.0 to mega, it's only got 2.2.2.0..

Oatmo

When I get home from work I will, unless someone's willing to compile for Windows until then. I don't have a mingw stack at work, so it'll have to wait, sorry Sad

... Cheesy
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
So, were do we find 2.2.3.0?
First post and website seem to link to everything but the new client Smiley. Or I missed something?
Client 2.2.2 seem to sync quite well for me.

It shouldn't if you delete the full blockchain. Version 2.2.3.0 is mandatory, otherwise we're headed for some new forks.

What happened is that I introduced a bug in the difficulty algorithm branching based on height, which had the following consequences :

=> Blockchain was mined using old rules from height 0 to 25019.
=> Starting at height 25020, mining was done with new nules.
=> Starting at height 32128, mining resumed with old rules.

Version 2.2.3.0 fixes that by forking to the new rules at height 36000, which should give us a few days to have everyone upgraded.

If you manage to sync past block 25019 after deleting the full blockchain with v. 2.2.2.0, you are most likely running on a fork.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Ok looks like its on the git, anyone able to compile it for windows too?
what do you mean on the git want me to try this again i didn't have a problem with the compile i had the problem with the chain getting stuck

I've fixed that
stuck again

./Noirbitsd getinfo
{
    "version" : 2020300,
    "protocolversion" : 60002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 29069,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.48791009,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1376244053,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,

Did you manage to sync in the end ?
Yes I had to delete the chain again plus use a different node "techbytes"
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Client 2.2.2 seem to sync quite well for me.
Ok looks like its on the git, anyone able to compile it for windows too?
what do you mean on the git want me to try this again i didn't have a problem with the compile i had the problem with the chain getting stuck

I've fixed that
stuck again

./Noirbitsd getinfo
{
    "version" : 2020300,
    "protocolversion" : 60002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 29069,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.48791009,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1376244053,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,

Did you manage to sync in the end ?

Oatmo

When I get home from work I will, unless someone's willing to compile for Windows until then. I don't have a mingw stack at work, so it'll have to wait, sorry Sad
legendary
Activity: 882

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Oatmo

Thanks Kalgecin for your work, looks like the competition is over Tongue. Clients v.2.2.3.0 should not have synchronization issues anymore, if you get stuck synchronizing, try restarting your client, it does sometimes help, if not, check your debug.log file, there's useful info in there.

I'm off to work, and was away last evening, so compiled Windows binaries will be available soon, but not until I get home.
addnode 212.92.177.74
also try restarting the client, so that it gets new peers. some people didn't update yet :-(
hmm.... can you provide last 100 lines of debug.log please?
When I get home yes I will

did you try to clear the blockchain?
Pages:
Jump to: