Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noirbits TAKEOVER ! Update v2.2.5.0 - fixes sync issue - page 15. (Read 24747 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
A putsch huh.. Hopefully this won't split the great community we have..
Even if he isn't working on the coin recently, barwizi's contribution on the coin and NoirBank has been really helpful and I hope we keep him on our side.

The idea is not to kick him out... if he wants in on this version, he'll be welcome.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
meh im going to setup a pool on the current fork just to stop it haha
Best of luck to you! I'm on board  Smiley

Thanks and welcome aboard Smiley
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
PogChamp
Best of luck to you! I'm on board  Smiley
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Downloading update now.
Activity: 819
Merit: 1000
+1 on the change forward! we need development for this coin real bad!!
Activity: 518
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
I know this may be considered a bold move, heck, some may despise me for this, but...

Considering Noirbits' absolute lack of support by its founder, barwizi, considering I am the only dev' who has pushed any real changes to the Noirbits repository on Github, I propose a takeover from now on.

Version 2.2.5.0 available ! Fixes a blockchain synchronization bug on clients, update now !
Version 2.2.4.0 available ! Windows binaries are available, with UPNP and QR codes. This new version brings two new RPC calls to
better manage your wallet. addnode allows you to dynamically add a new node to your connections, while getprofitestimate will help you plan your Noirbits minting ! And of course, don't forget you can now refund transactions via the windows client...

Why should you follow on this takeover ?

• Massive fork ongoing. As previously announced on the Noirbits thread, the coin is massively forked. At least 4 separate blockchains have been created today. Had barwizi pushed checkpoints like he was supposed, this situation would not have happened. I guarantee that checkpoints will be pushed on this version.
  • Real developer support. I am a professional developer, that's what I do for a living. I may lack some experience in coins compared to old-timers, but I am catching up pretty quickly.
  • Extended features, starting with 0-confirmation refunds. More details on that in an upcoming post.
If you want to follow up, get the client now :

Coin settings

Coin settings are mostly left intact.

Maximum coins : 21 million.
Block time : 2 minutes.
Block reward: 20 Noirbits.
Retarget : at everyblock, based on the last 30 blocks time average starting at height 33333 Every 30 blocks until further notice. Until then, difficulty rules are unchanged. Old clients will be rejected by this version starting at height 31500. This may seem a short notice, but we're at diff. 10 right now...
Reduced transaction fees : currently, min. transaction fee is 0.1 NRB. Starting at height 31500, it will drop to 0.001 NRB.

Seed nodes

If you encounter sync issues, you can add the following to your Noirbits.conf file

Code:
addnode=54.213.23.213
addnode=54.229.50.161

Pools

The following pool are known or assumed to run on this version of Noirbits, or at least, on the same blockchain :

http://nrb.miners-united.com (confirmed)
http://mnrb.coinmine.pl (confirmed)

Exchanges

As of now, no exchanges trade Noirbits. Cryptsy has suspended Noirbits due to the forks, we are still waiting on their feedback as to what their next move will be. So for now, it's OTC trading only, but be safe, only trade with people you trust or are community trusted.

More info coming up...
Pages:
Jump to: