Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noso: Protocol 2-> Pow+PoS+MNs. New Protocol 2 active - page 3. (Read 8543 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1
Hi there Y'all,

I was, many moons ago, part of the Noso team.
I was a developer and I did a bunch of cross language libs(Pascal, C#, Python and PHP) to access the TCP/IP Protocol and the raw data of the block files and I coded the first (Edit)explorer in CakePHP.
The wallet code and all the surrounding tool's code is so bad that I never touched any of it. I couldn't follow the immense qty of functions/procedures spread over a myriad of source files(No OOP at all). It was just a very hard spaghetti to follow.
I pushed really hard to try and get the only Dev to evolve on his not so good coding skills and to bring other programming languages under the Noso umbrella.
For that and for telling some harsh truths to power I was rewarded with a ban from the Discord server(I got really irate many months before that and had already left the GitHub Org).

And the truths are quite blaring in the face of a self named cryptocoin:
  • Noso is centralised: Without the seed nodes, and when the seed nodes go bust, the whole network ceases to work
  • Noso is not verifiable: Every transaction should have the public key present in order to validate the signature. For some obscure reason, when building the block, that key is replaced with the Sender's address
  • Noso uses MD5 as the hashing algorithm: The fact that it's so easy to create collisions by simply changing one to three bytes on the block file is very scary
  • Noso uses Pascal Short Strings: If you're a programmer and understand that between length and capacity, there is the space for memory garbage to be stored in the block files, this makes what was said above, about MD5 even more plausible
  • Noso has a government: In order to participate on this government you must pay to acquire one or more GVT tokens. Paid democracy... Is that still democracy?
  • Noso software executes orders from centralised person in power: The software has code paths that will restart your wallet after triggering an upgrade on itself. But if it can do this, what else could the only dev code in to do with your coins?
  • Noso freezes assets: Some assets have been frozen because they are perceived to be mined via GPU. The responsibility of a mining algorithm to be GPU/ASIC resistant lays squarely on the shoulders of the dev/dev team. Blaming the miners for pushing the boundaries is like a very bad parent blaming it's own child for the mistakes he does!!

And these are the few things that I so hardly fought to make the only dev of this coin to realise he should correct. But alas, here we are and now, Noso is even listed... OMFG, how did this happen?!?!?

The bullet points above are the most blatant issues with this coin. I could go on forever about the fact that the code is complete spaghetti. That said spaghetti is now so entangled that even the only dev is now suffering the pain and has not released any new version in quite a while. And the 1 or 2 times he did attempt at testing new code changes present on the GitHub repo, the main net has always collapsed.

So, yeah, this is a cryptocoin that disrespects the ethos(still centralised) and even the math, the cryptology math(it is not verifiable).

You can try and gaslight everyone else with any rhetoric about this and that, but the buck stops at the code itself, and me, as an Object Pascal programmer of more than 15 years experience, I'll say that the code is rotten to the core.

But hey, continue trading this "wonderful" coin that is... How did you put it?
developed from the ground up by a team with more than a decade of experience in blockchain technologies.

Yeah, let's go with that!!!

Cheers,
Gus

P.S.: Gus a.k.a Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno, everywhere else.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
NOSO is not yet listed on exchanges,I don't know how long to wait

We are in the final stages of testing before NOSO trading becomes live on Seven Seas Exchange.
Activity: 45
NOSO seems to have updated the block explorer
NOSO is not yet listed on exchanges,I don't know how long to wait
Activity: 4
Merit: 2
Easy, simple, anyone can join ( if you have GPU, mining farm .. etc is not useful at all ), you will get more noso if you setup several wallets on several mobile devices ( each one with his public IP ) .. etc.

In other words GPU-mining is banned and the governors freeze the GPU-miners assets but it is allowed to set up a big farm of mobile devices. This is strange rules.

You can setup a big farm of mobile devices, you can invest on that if every mobile phone has a different public IP and is a "real" mobile phone. What we worked was to stop a single computer with a powerful GPU getting thousands of shares and "pretending" to be 200 devices. That's not fair. But, you can buy 200 mobile phones, each one with his public IP ,that will work and it's a "fair" method to get noso, the anwer is Yes you can , but....., we are currently working on a new feature, we will check geographic distribution and dissemination, and this will benefit to devices running on a low density situation. For example, if you have a mobile phone on a low population city where there are only 100 mobiles "minning" then you noso reward will be higher that is you are on a high density city with 1000 mobiles phones mining noso. Our objective is to benefit a proper distribution/dissemination. This will help to avoid big farms, you will continue to get some noso, but will allow also someone with a single mobile phone minning on a low population city. That's something that will make big mobile farms on a specific location not worth.

This is something we are working and writing now, will be talked in the next dev meeting.
Easy, simple, anyone can join ( if you have GPU, mining farm .. etc is not useful at all ), you will get more noso if you setup several wallets on several mobile devices ( each one with his public IP ) .. etc.

In other words GPU-mining is banned and the governors freeze the GPU-miners assets but it is allowed to set up a big farm of mobile devices. This is strange rules.

It is rare that mobile phone mining earns more than traditional mining machines

Not rare at all, due POPW used on Noso, you get noso "paticipating", using a few CPU and bandwidth resources, as we have a Faucet ser on Pool servers that only accepts 3 shares per IP/device. To make it clear, a simple mobile phone can complete 3 shares on each pool in a few seconds. So. if you have a minning machine with powerful Hasrate you still have he 3 shares limit. SO, you will get 3 shares in milliseconds, and the time until 10 min you machine will be stopped.

You can check "mining" ( we call it Earning ) process: https://docs.nosocoin.com/noso-documentation/how-to-earn-noso/earn-noso-on-windows

So, our objective is to have thousands of "low" power devices ( mobile phone, smartwatch .. etc ) with Noso wallet installed just participating using few resources and gaining noso.

You can get noso, having a Wallet installed on your device, getting noso proff of stake on your wallet or setup a noso node.

Activity: 211
Noso is the most fair and transparent project seen in recent years. In line with the spirit of Nakamoto.. Noso is the early BTC and the early ETH. In a few years, he will not be able to stand up to him. The opportunity is reserved for those who are prepared
Activity: 1111
Merit: 584
Blocks are no longer earnable for very extended block time. Can be linked to their overall incompatibility with GPU as a thing. I entrusted the technical work to two scoundrel shits from the community due to my being busy with putting together a pool for this blunt ass coin. They botched the work. Look what they did, wrecked the algo and now they say GPU era is coming to a standstill.

Are you sure you are posting to the right thread ?
Activity: 2146
Merit: 518
Blocks are no longer earnable for very extended block time. Can be linked to their overall incompatibility with GPU as a thing. I entrusted the technical work to two scoundrel shits from the community due to my being busy with putting together a pool for this blunt ass coin. They botched the work. Look what they did, wrecked the algo and now they say GPU era is coming to a standstill.

It is rare that mobile phone mining earns more than traditional mining machines
Hello mates, as a Noso Governor, official pool owner and Seed node, all GPU era was something that we need to manage, as a there was someone minning getting 90% of noso every block ( 10 min ), and it was announced that is not allowed, as an open source project, we want to everyone join noso fairly, and anything that goes against that is not allowed, they had the option to send GPU miner to all community and go on, but they denied. So, there was a discussion in Governor's group about what to do, and using a Poll system all governors ( not only developers ) decided to freeze coins as a first step just to have time to talk about that, and implement a secure option to avoid that. And then PopW showed up, now noso is 100% GPU/ASIC or anything resistant, so it helped to evolve noso.

At this point, those freezed coins can be requested by owners, but we check if those coins were mined using GPU. And surprise, no one requested ... those coins will be freezed  until governors vote what to do.

Only 46 Addresses were blocked, we have thousands running ok and using fair mining.

Now we have more miners, more spread and fair.

We have a total of 17604 POPW workers online, and going up. My pool is managing 4368 miners just now and increasing.

Project is going on, we made first noso dev meeting online last 25th feb, and we will continue to make these meetings in a monthly manner, so just check www.nosocoin.com website, as we are on time completing all Roadmap Q, and in a few weeks we will have our Android Wallet/Earner available !, that will be a huge step for Noso, as all android devices will be able to earn noso just installing the wallet and using a few CPU resources and bandwidth, just install and earn !, we expect a huge increase.

All the best,

Estipa.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 310

Naturally, miners act in their own interest. They mine to earn the most coins possible.

If the team of developers want to prevent GPU mining then they must prevent it by developing a code that prevents GPU mining. Instead, the developers have implemented an option to freeze addresses so that users can no longer control their funds. In doing so, the developers bypass all normal legal procedures for handling financial disputes.

Regardless of the management team's reasons, it is a fact that the users cannot trust the Noso project when funds can be frozen according to the managers' arbitrary decisions.

Devs warned that there will be consequences , the GPU miners decided to ignore them . As i said being dishonest doesn't pay as much as being honest . Miners could give the code and keep their stash and keep earning . They became greedy and lost everything . In fact , they are so dumb that didn't even ask the community to provide them a percentage of each miner rewards that could use their code , i think that no one would disagree at that time ( take a look at how other cpu and gpu miners had a dev fee ) . They chose a way that left them with their d**ks in hand , i guess that's better for them than to act logically by using their brains . That's what usually happens when you think with the wrong head .

As you said miners act at their own interest . So do devs , but not for their personal interest , for the longevity of the project . Not all people act like you did . They are not getting paid and they commit their time to create something useful . I've seen for years scums that provide nothing to a project and just want to earn everything . Devs here want to provide to others , you are just looking to steal from others .  

As for the part that users don't trust noso , take a look at how many people are mining right now , there's been an increase of at least 5X. Noso is steadily increasing it's base , not everyone believes in the far west world you want to live in . Participants know that if they act honest they have no problem . It's a project that tries to have one of the fairest distributions , and so far i think they have achieved it . So , you can follow their way or hit the highway .  

Edit . Kαι o μακαριτης εδω ?

Mακαρίτες είναι τα σιτκόινς πoυ αγoράζεις φoυκαρά bag holder. Grin

Aκόμα πιo γελoίoς είσαι πoυ υπερασπίζεσαι σιτκόινς με δυνατότητα λoγoκρισίας... Wink

Naturally, miners act in their own interest. They mine to earn the most coins possible.

If the team of developers want to prevent GPU mining then they must prevent it by developing a code that prevents GPU mining. Instead, the developers have implemented an option to freeze addresses so that users can no longer control their funds. In doing so, the developers bypass all normal legal procedures for handling financial disputes.

Regardless of the management team's reasons, it is a fact that the users cannot trust the Noso project when funds can be frozen according to the managers' arbitrary decisions.

Devs warned that there will be consequences , the GPU miners decided to ignore them . As i said being dishonest doesn't pay as much as being honest . Miners could give the code and keep their stash and keep earning . They became greedy and lost everything . In fact , they are so dumb that didn't even ask the community to provide them a percentage of each miner rewards that could use their code , i think that no one would disagree at that time ( take a look at how other cpu and gpu miners had a dev fee ) . They chose a way that left them with their d**ks in hand , i guess that's better for them than to act logically by using their brains . That's what usually happens when you think with the wrong head .

As you said miners act at their own interest . So do devs , but not for their personal interest , for the longevity of the project . Not all people act like you did . They are not getting paid and they commit their time to create something useful . I've seen for years scums that provide nothing to a project and just want to earn everything . Devs here want to provide to others , you are just looking to steal from others .  

As for the part that users don't trust noso , take a look at how many people are mining right now , there's been an increase of at least 5X. Noso is steadily increasing it's base , not everyone believes in the far west world you want to live in . Participants know that if they act honest they have no problem . It's a project that tries to have one of the fairest distributions , and so far i think they have achieved it . So , you can follow their way or hit the highway .  

Edit . Kαι o μακαριτης εδω ?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 310
You don't say the full story . Devs asked those that developed the gpu miner to share the code with the community otherwise their funds will be frozen . These guys acted for their own interest and it was an unanimous decision by the GVT holders to freeze their accounts .

That's why you cannot trust 99.99% of altcoins.

Only Bitcoin is censorship-resistant...
You don't say the full story . Devs asked those that developed the gpu miner to share the code with the community otherwise their funds will be frozen . These guys acted for their own interest and it was an unanimous decision by the GVT holders to freeze their accounts .

WARNING! NOSO contains code so that the developers are able to freeze addresses and thus exclude users from having access to their funds. Several users have lost their funds because the developers don't like GPU mining regardless of their code enabling GPU mining.

Users who criticize the development team's authoritarianism will be locked out and banned from the community's social media.

You don't say the full story . Devs asked those that developed the gpu miner to share the code with the community otherwise their funds will be frozen . These guys acted for their own interest and it was an unanimous decision by the GVT holders to freeze their accounts . GVT is not a decision made by the devs only ( some of them have GVT rights ) but also members of the community .
Anyway , the model that included PoW is no longer present and it has changed to PoP . Probably you are one of the gpu miners that can't stand that his dishonest act against the project didn't produce any value , on the contrary you are in loss . Try to act honest next time , it pays better .
WARNING! NOSO contains code so that the developers are able to freeze addresses and thus exclude users from having access to their funds. Several users have lost their funds because the developers don't like GPU mining regardless of their code enabling GPU mining.

Users who criticize the development team's authoritarianism will be locked out and banned from the community's social media.
Activity: 72
you earn with about 500kh/s or more? That sounds like 12+ cores to me.
What does a mobile run at?
A current cell phone can perform close to 300Khs, A mediocre i7 with fewer cores than you mention gets the maximum reward
Pages:
Jump to: