Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin - page 54. (Read 383930 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 04, 2015, 07:10:58 AM
can anyone teach me how do i transfer from bittrex? im funding my wallet for the first time. i tried copying my public key as message then sent to my address but still cant withraw my nxt. bittrex says invalid address thanks!

Annoyingly,  Bittrex hasn't implemented this on their exchange.

The easiest way is to use a faucet for your first transaction and public key. Such as http://jnxt.org/key/. And then transfer out from Bittrex.

i already tried. do i need to wait for a confirmation email or it will automatically activate my account? thanks!

I would guess confirmation email. That step is only there to stop/slow down scammers from clearing out the account.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 04, 2015, 02:09:49 AM
can anyone teach me how do i transfer from bittrex? im funding my wallet for the first time. i tried copying my public key as message then sent to my address but still cant withraw my nxt. bittrex says invalid address thanks!

The easiest way is to use a faucet for your first transaction and public key. Such as http://jnxt.org/key/. And then transfer out from Bittrex.

i already tried. do i need to wait for a confirmation email or it will automatically activate my account? thanks!
January 03, 2015, 05:47:10 AM

Activity: 308
January 03, 2015, 01:43:13 AM
January 02, 2015, 09:56:35 AM
I would like to know a couple of things,

1. Will there ever be a change to the use of paraphrases i.e. changeable to personalized passwords  ( as this is a little much for 90% of the world that you would like to have adopt crypo, as a buddy of mine who ran an ISP for many years said, "it's hard enough to get people to use numbers in their passwords, let alone something this long" and I think he's right, I look around at all the people I know ...  it's hard enough to get them to even think Crypto is even worth something let alone adopt it ... so one must consider "GENERAL public" usability as a huge factor  when designing a wallet.

2. where is the block chain stored on my PC, as I see nothing in my %appdata% as per other wallets.

3. Are you able or will it be implemented that you will be able to create alias address as per most other wallets

Thanks in advance to anyone who take time to reply Smiley

Hi Kultus,

This is an old thread, you can use the link in my post a couple up thread for the current one. Or better still, nxtforum.org as there are usually over 100 people online at anyone time. There are over 500 posts per day there too as opposed a handful on BTT so you get quicker responses.

To answer your questions:

1) For ease of use, there are lightweight wallets at mynxt.info and mofowallet.com that use wallet.dat files. They don't have all the features yet but and in constant development.

Using a full wallet, 12 words is required. You can create your own password by selecting "Returning User?" and enter you own password. THIS ISN'T RECOMMENDED. There are bots that monitor new blocks for accounts of non-random account paraphrases that they have pre-computed. Only truly random is good enough, this is what the client creates.

"onesmallstepformanonegiantleapformankind" and "argargargargargargargargargargargargargarg" are the types of passwords that users thought were good enough that have had their Nxt stolen. Bible verses passphrases have also been stolen. There have been ZERO accounts that have lost their Nxt in this way when allowing the client to create the passphrase. Always let the client create your passphrase or use a lightweight client above. You have been warned  Wink

2) The blockchain is stored in "nxt_db".

3) Aliases have been implemented from Dec 2013 - Jan 2014 though not sure how you like to use them. They can be linked to more things than just accounts, such as websites. They can be used create a DNS system but no third party devs have taken this up yet. This would lead to decentralised websites, decentralised twitter, facebook etc could be built on Nxt.

You can assign a name to your account by clicking "No name set" in the top left corner when in the client. There is also "Aliases" in the menu on the left to assign multiple aliases to an account. "Google" etc. have already been taken  Grin Sending funds to an alias wasn't implemented a few months ago (it is to be done on the client side IIRC). Someone else would have to confirm if this is now possible.

Try the thread above if you have follow ups and want a quicker reply  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
January 01, 2015, 11:48:54 PM
I would like to know a couple of things,

1. Will there ever be a change to the use of paraphrases i.e. changeable to personalized passwords  ( as this is a little much for 90% of the world that you would like to have adopt crypo, as a buddy of mine who ran an ISP for many years said, "it's hard enough to get people to use numbers in their passwords, let alone something this long" and I think he's right, I look around at all the people I know ...  it's hard enough to get them to even think Crypto is even worth something let alone adopt it ... so one must consider "GENERAL public" usability as a huge factor  when designing a wallet.

2. where is the block chain stored on my PC, as I see nothing in my %appdata% as per other wallets.

3. Are you able or will it be implemented that you will be able to create alias address as per most other wallets

Thanks in advance to anyone who take time to reply Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 24, 2014, 04:55:02 AM
any good guidance and software to mine this coin?
November 20, 2014, 02:44:06 PM
This is Nxt's primary thread on BTT now;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9604571

I will cross post.
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
November 20, 2014, 02:40:50 PM
Congratulations Come-from-Beyond for making it to the voting round and great support for Jean Luc Smiley

The NXT community and team has been an excellent example of integrity and decentralization.

Twitter
https://twitter.com/ev0k3d/status/535499003019149312

Nomination Thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9604806

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
October 30, 2014, 04:07:11 AM
Where is NXT source, can someone tell me, appreciate it.

The source comes with the package.
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/

Thanks very much, it's very helpful.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
October 29, 2014, 01:36:51 AM

The source comes with the package.
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
October 29, 2014, 01:34:40 AM
Activity: 714
October 28, 2014, 06:59:42 PM
Activity: 532
October 28, 2014, 01:56:15 PM
My wallet seems to be hanging on a send transaction I just made. What do I do? Just saying "submitting.." Been that way for a while now.

Edit: Nevermind. Closed/reopened wallet. Tried again, and it worked.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
October 01, 2014, 07:04:26 PM
There are a lot of well-maintained sockpupets with 1plus year history and 100plus posts.

Yeah, some of us actually look like real people..... Cool

This is the worlds oldest NXT thread, btw, for more recent events in the wonderful world of NXT, see:
www.nxtforum.org
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
October 01, 2014, 04:30:28 PM
Hey Nxt People

NxtReporting.com got a big update!!
check it out here:
https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=2175.msg111065#msg111065

Have Nxt, have Fun!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 01, 2014, 11:45:12 AM
There are a lot of well-maintained sockpupets with 1plus year history and 100plus posts.
September 23, 2014, 08:13:39 AM
does NXT have any response to BITUSD? i think something like that would be nice for shorting NXT during decreases. also i really dont want to buy any bitsharesx ever

Also have a look at the assets issued by Shortnxt on nxtforum.org.
Activity: 714
Activity: 779
September 04, 2014, 11:14:37 AM
does NXT have any response to BITUSD? i think something like that would be nice for shorting NXT during decreases. also i really dont want to buy any bitsharesx ever
Pages:
Jump to: