Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 10. (Read 37807 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
yeah, i got rid of my btc wallet last year once it hit 20 GB. Toooo big!

Yeah it's so damn big. When I get that PC set up though I will do it just so I can test the wallet. Luckily it's a 500 GB hard drive and it will be a fresh install with nothing else installed on it.

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
yeah, i got rid of my btc wallet last year once it hit 20 GB. Toooo big!
Ahhh so you have to have the QT client. Well that's awesome. I need to get the QT anyways. I did not want to use the QT on my macbook because of the size of the blockchain. However, when I build out this desktop, I planned on installing QT anyways.
Activity: 742
Ok, online wallet all good. I downloaded the desktop wallet but can't get it to work. It is beyond me. Can someone who has it working please post explicit instructions of how to make it work? I would appreciate it greatly!! Thank you.

The desktop wallet is still in beta and i would not recommend anyone use it who is not tech savy. However it should work as long as you also have the BTC blockchain on your desktop. Do you have the BTC QT client installed? If not install it and wait for the blockchain to sync and you will be able to use the counterparty desktop gui.

On a side note, a better online wallet has been released, you should check out this chrome extension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSbsZLAWT28
Activity: 364
Ok, online wallet all good. I downloaded the desktop wallet but can't get it to work. It is beyond me. Can someone who has it working please post explicit instructions of how to make it work? I would appreciate it greatly!! Thank you.
I tried downloading and running it on my win7 machine, but the installer errors out with a message "not supported on this processor type".  I am running 32 bit windows, so it's probably for 64 bit installs

i bet it is. luckily i have a 64 bit processor. i just need a open air stand to put it together.
Activity: 427
I tried downloading and running it on my win7 machine, but the installer errors out with a message "not supported on this processor type".  I am running 32 bit windows, so it's probably for 64 bit installs
I get this when I try to access my wallet

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Type: Server error

Code: -32000

Message: Bad status code returned: '503'. result body: '{"message": "Server error", "code": -32000, "data": "Counterparty database is behind backend."}'.

Can anyone decipher for me? Thanks!

That happens sometimes. Counterwallet has issues sometimes. You'll see server errors like that sometimes since it's an online wallet. Has anyone here tried the desktop wallet yet?
I get this when I try to access my wallet

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Message: Bad status code returned: '503'. result body: '{"message": "Server error", "code": -32000, "data": "Counterparty database is behind backend."}'.

Can anyone decipher for me? Thanks!
Oh yeah!!! Nice work!
res·ur·rect
ˌrezəˈrekt/
verb

revive the practice, use, or memory of (something); bring new vigor to.

restore (a dead person) to life.

You guys are awesome, i'm got interested after reading the first headline on this thread.... crazy Shocked

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope you stick around. You can sign up for our monthly 888 Lottery Faucet and get some free OCTO if you like. You can also trade it at Bittrex Smiley

Here's the link to the faucet. Just reply to the thread with a comment and your Counterwallet address Smiley

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/octo-888-lottery-faucet

Stick around for future updates! We have some big plans for OCTO!
Yes, I believe a donation fund would be far more suitable than doing another burn and also better overall on reputation. I do not have a ton, but I am willing to donate to his fund since he was a strong supporter. I say let's go the donation route and forget about the burn. Would definitely be better IMO!
Not much lately. I've been busy with work and I'm still waiting on thegrid.io to launch to see if that website AI will work with the marketing plan.

We will have April's distribution coming up pretty soon. I will choose the random number for the OCTO Lottery Faucet and post the youtube vid. I might make a few announcements then but I don't want to announce too much too early until things are in place.

Still dev hunting but that has slowed down some. Most of the devs I've talked to want to be paid and some hourly. That just won't work. We need at least one knowledgeable dev that is interested in building OCTO up and will put in the time. They have to really love crypto and want to be part of something. The ones I've talked to are good dudes and are interested in Bitcoin in general but they are looking to be paid up front which we don't have funding for. The payment in OCTO and the hope that it's valuable enough to cash some out later isn't enough. The risk of not having a good crowd sale to collect Bitcoin to pay them is a little ways down the road. But other coins/assets have had devs who see the vision and want to help out come along. As we release more info and plans, it will help with recruiting.  But some of the plans do not need to be released until we have the marketing site up and running.

I will say this. Depending on how well the marketing site does as far as creating income, I do have a special plan that will give OCTO an immediate use and it plays into what we will try to build. I also think that it won't really take much technical expertise to get it up and running. Plus it's a great preview, but will also prove a point that any website holding crypto in wallets is risky. But I would like to at least kickstart the project by offering at least the ability to only be able to use OCTO to do this. Now once it's up and running, we will have to have devs that are willing to work on this type of model to integrate the token control access features as well as start building a CP payment processor that generates fees in OCTO. I think if people who hold OCTO and maybe a few other CP assets see the site running maybe it will help with the vision because discussions will organically start about what people like, dislike and would like to see integrated. Ideas will start to flow.

I also have a hail mary play that I cannot release any info about but I have started acquiring the necessities to pitch something. It may lead to nowhere. It also has a chance that it could lead to some funding if i can show them how cool token control access is and even possibly have a conversation with them. Like I said, just an idea and a hail mary. Something that you don't know until you try and that I definitely wouldn't count on. However, if I'm lucky, you never know.

I'll still be checking in here and there leading into the end of the month but I've taken advantage of some of the downtime this past week. Between the burn, moving, job hunting, and now apartment hunting and more job hunting I've ran myself ragged since the beginning of February.

One last note, and this is just throwing it out there, but if we decided not to hold another burn for DJslick, what do you guys think about just doing a donation?

I really dread thinking about all the burn stuff again. I was glad the first one was over. But I also think that he was an important part of the community. You guys have all read my thoughts on the pluses and minuses.

I know that I would commit and a few others on the OCTOFAME board also have committed to donating. This may be an easier work around and it would keep people questioning bs. We don't want to tarnish our image or risk too many people trying to burn. I think we should just help him out personally. Even if we just raised a few hundred thousand it's better than none.

Thoughts?
So what is latest news, eh?
Yes they should keep that updated based on current btc price. For sure!
That worked.  I was trying to send .00001 and it error'ed out.  The docs should be updated to say that.  Right now it says as little at .00000001!!

probably so. i have a feeling some of these things were written when BTC was worth a higher dollar amount, so then it was enough. i experienced the same issue at coindaddy.io when i was verifying addresses for them. the page said i could send .00005 to verify i owned the address. when i sent it that errored out. so i sent .0001 and it worked. the funny thing was i received an email from the admin saying that they corrected the issue and i could now send in the correct amount to verify and i replied that i had already sent a much higher amount. so these things are somewhat new and i think they are learning. my guess is you need to code the page so that as BTC price fluctuates, the amount asked to be used to verify changes on the page. i'm not the best at web design but i'm sure that's doable lol.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
That worked.  I was trying to send .00001 and it error'ed out.  The docs should be updated to say that.  Right now it says as little at .00000001!!
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/dashboard/tokenly/address-manager

after you added the address did you verify it by signing a message or sending a small donation? that would be my guess Smiley

I try to send a small amount and get this on the counterwallet
Sorry, we got an error when trying to do the requested action: 'JSON-RPC Error:

did you try to send a little more? a higher amount? i mean it doesn't take much but i do think it has to be higher than dust. what amount did you try to send? it's been awhile ago but i coulda swore i only sent like .0001 btc maybe?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

after you added the address did you verify it by signing a message or sending a small donation? that would be my guess Smiley

I try to send a small amount and get this on the counterwallet
Sorry, we got an error when trying to do the requested action: 'JSON-RPC Error:

Pages:
Jump to: