Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 16. (Read 37810 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
somebody had a huge donation to the OCTO developers donation fund. it's now at  310,790.4923 OCTO.

you can donate OCTO to the developers donation fund. we will still distribute some OCTO to devs as well but it's good to know that the community is donating to fund good devs.

12tLdoXzqCdRh5wFvNZvCUwyspEac43Xpa

you can also donate BTC to theoctoparty.com fund listed on the website which will be used to fund the tshirts. all funds will go towards the printing of the tee shirts. all profits from the tshirts will go towards funding the first advertising project. the advertising project is to raise money towards the working model of project number two, which will be for a Counterparty payment system for multiple counterparty tokens and uses a counterparty token as a fee generator. the use case will be for a website that is related to gaming.

the gamins website will allow multiple players per game. each game will allow the players to play with any counterparty token the game is set to, including OCTO. however, each game transaction also has to pay a fee in a chosen counterparty asset, in our case, it's OCTO.

so, if i join the game and it's a $10 game per person and it's set to storjcoinx and OCTO will always be the default fee token on our sites, that's what each player will pay in to join the game, and of course counterparty always has it's own BTC fee.

what's cool is, with smart contracts, you'll be able to use this on multiple sites and games, but for OCTO we can always have OCTO as a fee on our site for our games. that will give the coin a great use and contribute coding to the overall Counterparty community while giving them the ability to utilize the same payment on their own websites with their own tokens.

it will be exciting to start building this and testing it. i hope that it's something that people rally around and they create their own projects with this payment system.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCsgeiktdANZekjHRIoyFA

OCTO youtube channel is up now. It's kinda barebones but at least it's there. The first video will be the 888 Lottery Faucet.

If you haven't posted for the faucet do so before the end of March! Every month will have a lottery to see how much the payout is. It will be between 1-888 OCTO per month depending on the lottery.

https://letstalkbitcoin. com/forum/post/octo-888-lottery-faucet
Question: does anyone here play fantasy sports?
For those of you that use IRC, I just registered #OctoPARTY on Freenode, feel free to jump in Smiley

that's awesome. will it let you post a link for it?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
We are getting some really good responses on Twitter this morning! Thanks guys. We need this type of community interaction to get their attention.

I'll have some announcements early next week about our projects!

Maybe that will get everyone fired up Smiley

Glad to see that, I'm already fired up, good community no sleazy ICO to the moon I say:)
Did you guys get delisted from trex? can't see to find you there

Original Octocoin(888) got delisted.  OCTO as a new XCP asset hasn't been listed yet on Bittrex.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
Did you guys get delisted from trex? can't see to find you there
We are getting some really good responses on Twitter this morning! Thanks guys. We need this type of community interaction to get their attention.

I'll have some announcements early next week about our projects!

Maybe that will get everyone fired up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
If OCTO is a counterparty asset how can it be listed on Bittrex?  I thought it can only be on the exchange in the online wallet?

Nope. Both polo and bittrex and many more exchanges accept assets. All a Counterparty asset is, is a layer on top of btc. Any exchange could accept counterparty.

XCP
FLDC
GEMZ
SWARM
SJCX

All assets that are widely traded on multiple exchanges.

Very cool!!!
If OCTO is a counterparty asset how can it be listed on Bittrex?  I thought it can only be on the exchange in the online wallet?

Nope. Both polo and bittrex and many more exchanges accept assets. All a Counterparty asset is, is a layer on top of btc. Any exchange could accept counterparty.

XCP
FLDC
GEMZ
SWARM
SJCX

All assets that are widely traded on multiple exchanges.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
done and done:)
Please tweet that you would like to see @theoctoparty on @poloniex.

Please tweet that you would like to see @theoctoparty on @bittrexexchange.

Thanks!

If you really want to spice it up include the hash tags #OCTOonBittrex and #OCTOonPoloniex
Ok guys, we need to get a good twitter following going. Please follow @theoctoparty and @bittrexexchange. Tweet about how much you love OCTO and Bittrex. They really follow their twitter!

We should also do the same for @poloniex.

Thanks!
OK Polo form filled out and mailed Bittrex and thats a big achievement for me as I hate forms Grin

thanks cabbage! much appreciated. forms do suck. i've been filling out so many forms since we started this it's ridiculous Smiley

but the more people that email and request OCTO to be added the better chance we have. i have put in the request to both sites.
OK Polo form filled out and mailed Bittrex and thats a big achievement for me as I hate forms Grin
Attn: Please email poloniex and bittrex today Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: