Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 3. (Read 37807 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Whats the real name of this coin? OCTO or OCTOparty? Anyways i see potential in this coin, in fact this is one of few coins i didnt dump from merge mining foldingcoin (most of the merged mined coins are crap).

Haha. On a side note, I hope you didn't dump your bitcrystals or FDCARDS from SOG. Those look like they are going to be the most profitable things you can earn on merged mining at this point.

That SOG game is really starting to gain traction.
I've also added quite a few different tokens you can trade for OCTO at the bot now. So you just don't have to trade BTC now.

http://swapbot.tokenly.com/public/FrameLAlife/1feaa10d-b793-4abb-801d-7b782581faa5#choose
I've been thinking lately about the 1.5 BTC for octoplay.net. I really want to do this personally if they would make sure that we are the only CP token that will be on their platform. That would give OCTO some value at least short term.

If you guys hear or see any gaming platform, I think that may be one of the best ways to push OCTO, as we are the gaming token. I will be looking into more gaming sites that do not use CP but use BTC and alts. I think trying to talk them into accepting OCTO and giving us the only CP token status might be a great way to promote OCTO Tongue

Thoughts?
I don't know what how much it costs but maybe Viralcoin is an option for marketing. Hope it helps.

You mean paying for tweets, etc? I think that's a great idea. However, we just do not have any capital for that. If you guys want to see projects and marketing, such as viralcoin, we will have to invest in OCTO's future.

But yes, in the future, banner ads on bitcoin news sites, and social media marketing, will definitely play a role in pushing OCTO out.
Whats the real name of this coin? OCTO or OCTOparty? Anyways i see potential in this coin, in fact this is one of few coins i didnt dump from merge mining foldingcoin (most of the merged mined coins are crap).

The name of the token is OCTO... so anything we do will be with OCTO. OCTO is also the FoldingCoin distributed token. I do however own OCTOPARTY Smiley So we will have a use for it in the future as a side token on some project. No commitment to which project yet.

I wish more folders who have earned OCTO would come around. I'm glad you have. It's awesome. I think we have value in that we have a plan, a community, though not too active, distribution long term through folding, enough extra tokens to pay some devs and fund a few different projects possibly.

I do think that it may take longer than I originally expected. I am in contact with a person who is willing to help develop a directory which we can use OCTO on and hopefully give OCTO more value. I was originally planning to do this with a separate token ENABLEBTC and had purchased the domain name enablebtc.com, however, since I did not have very good reception from any dev interviews to build a fantasy sports site. I still really want to do this project eventually and have it be an OCTO project. But I just don't personally have the funds to do this on my own.

If anyone has any idea, anything that they believe will give OCTO some value, bring it forward. We will seriously consider issuing some OCTO and helping crowdsale for this idea.

We will have to have some BTC to do any of these projects. The only way we can really fund and pay for some things such as server hosting, domain names, marketing, paying the devs at least a little BTC, is to raise funds. So please, if you have any inkling to buy OCTO, please do it from the swapbot. We really will need some capital to push any projects to give OCTO value. It may not seem like much, but think about the fact that you are investing BTC into projects that can make the OCTO you already have more valuable. That's one of the things we want to see is a return on buying or folding for OCTO.

Thanks guys! I look forward to hearing from you guys.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
I don't know what how much it costs but maybe Viralcoin is an option for marketing. Hope it helps.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 507
Ok, Since I cannot seem to find help for development of a fantasy sports site, I am pushing that one back for a bit. I have had no interest or outrageous requests from potential devs. We cannot afford what they are asking for.

With that being said, I have decided to cancel the ENABLEBTC project and just transfer it to OCTO. It will at least give OCTO a use, it's an easier project to develop, and I have already had some interest in potential website developers. So for now I am interviewing devs about this potential Bitcoin/Bitcoin 2.0 Business Directory.

Now, for some exciting news. If anyone in this community has any idea for any application, website or project, please post it here or contact me via PM. We need to get some projects going to drive use for OCTO.

I'm open to any ideas. If you have a great idea, a dev, a team, or whatever it takes to build, then you can receive OCTO to sell in a swapbot to begin funding. You will also have you project listed on the OCTO website and receive promotion.

Speaking of, I am currently rebuilding the OCTO web page. It's not complete yet but it is live. I will be working on this all week. It does have 728x90 and 300x250 banner ads. Hopefully this will help pay for some of the costs of distribution and development of this first project. We will work with any budget starting out. So if you have a website that you would like to promote on the website message me.

I did receive a reply for the octoplay guys. They won't budge. They want 1.5 BTC up front to add OCTO to the site. I think this would be great to at least have another use but I cannot picture paying 1.5 BTC up front. If you guys want to have this done, then purchase OCTO from the SwapBot and if you guys say to use that first 1.5 BTC for this site I will do it.

You can check out the swapbot here. Remember, since the swap sends the OCTO directly back to your Counterwallet you have to send the BTC from the Counterwallet. You cannot send BTC from a non counterparty wallet, an exchange or coinbase, etc.

http://swapbot.tokenly.com/public/FrameLAlife/1feaa10d-b793-4abb-801d-7b782581faa5#choose

Right now there are 1 million OCTO in the swapbot and it will raise 9 BTC for the current price of 900 satoshis. I may add some more OCTO and lower the price. But I need feedback on how much OCTO we should give up for 9 BTC. which at current prices is about $2500. I think that should be enough to fund the project, pay for some marketing and maybe even get us on OCTOPLAY if you guys wish.

Let me know your thoughts. Please, please, please if you have any ideas for projects and you can get it done, let me know so we can get you some OCTO for sale to fund your project.

This is everybody's chance to step up and do some good for OCTO.

What can I do to help out with OCTO and its success? Explicit instructions please.

We need a developer. Are you a dev?

Sorry I am not. What else, eh?

Help searching for a dev lol.
Activity: 508
Merit: 501
What can I do to help out with OCTO and its success? Explicit instructions please.

Sorry I am not. What else, eh?

Activity: 508
Merit: 501
And since nobody is using the swapbot, i'll probably use it for other tokens.
wow, i wonder who bought at 189 sat? 

Also can you explain more about the swapbot?

The swapbot just allows you to purchase OCTO without an exchange. For now I have issued and loaded 2 million OCTO to the swapbot. It costs more than what you would pay at Bittrex, but, all of the BTC goes directly to us and we will use it for funding our projects. This was a must for us to hold a crowd sale independently. Now it is a must in case we lose Bittrex due to low volume. It won't matter, we can still sell it.

The cool thing is we can actually remove the OCTO from the swapbot and replace it with  a place holder token, and when the user buys that token it guarantees they will receive OCTO along with a few other tokens in exchange for the place holder token in the future. But we cannot really do that until we have a dev. Once we have a dev and we know what the project is and how we can use extra tokens, then we will do that to hold our own crowd sale.

For now, it just allows users to buy OCTO with BTC and XCP.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
wow, i wonder who bought at 189 sat? 

Also can you explain more about the swapbot?
realistically, how much OCTO should we give up to gain 1.5 BTC to have their 2 devs implement CP for OCTO? I mean a buyer spent like .12 BTC the other day for 310,000 OCTO.

I mean should we stump to the level of 1 million OCTO for 1.5 BTC??
hahaha... i'm sorry. i feel like i just made you spend $61! for no reason. but hey the volume moved us up on coinmarketcap. well damn, lol.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Too late...  I thought you wanted some volume...  My Bad!!
Pages:
Jump to: