Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 80. (Read 282664 times)

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

Been solo mining for a few hours now

I figured it out.

I think even with correct algo, with solo mining you see no stale rate until a block is found,
and perhaps network connection is all the time equivalent to 90% stales and there is only
very small chance to get the block. No way to know it.

So, pool are a necessary middleman.

Of course, if you can find valid block every 10 minutes... Grin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Can someone please draw up a mint / time graph?

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
$ /opt/novacoin/novacoind getinfo
{
    "version" : "v0.2.2.0-unk-beta",
    "protocolversion" : 60002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 5720,
    "moneysupply" : 266728.37659500,
    "connections" : 78,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "82.146.45.247",
    "difficulty" : 6.93501523,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1360480939,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
$

There are no 1M of coins. So, this wall can't be broken anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

LOL WFT some massive orders on both side... one for over 1million NVC.... sounds to me like someone looking to take a huge dump... i'm stearing well clear of this one... got scam, pump and dump, and poor dev written all over it
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
Can someone send me a NVC lol  Cheesy

4WWJNhtN7tNmBdD67eHRtKW369wrQx67VN  
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

winblows ppl dont get the difference between scrypt and sha256d lol

Yes my ignorance abounds. Thank you for the helpful insight.

And thanks to your insight I figured it out.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Been solo mining for a few hours now.  All my found blocks are being rejected.  Used -E 1 fro cgminer but still no joy. Any ideas?

post screen or log , maybe diff
only "BLOCK!! on pool 0 " are real finds

From what little I understand that you said. I am still confused.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
winblows ppl dont get the difference between scrypt and sha256d lol
Been solo mining for a few hours now.  All my found blocks are being rejected.  Used -E 1 fro cgminer but still no joy. Any ideas?

From what little I understand that you said. I am still confused.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
legendary
Novacoin suffers the same issue as PPCoin did with the base58.h file.

My commit merged into the PPCoin official development Tree allows Vanitygen private addresses to be imported. This also corrects the Base58 private key version the daemon produces when dumping a private key.

https://github.com/Hartland/ppcoin

The patch file should work exactly the same in Novacoin, with no changes needed. I can fork and request a pull, or the Novacoin developers can just patch it themselves, either way is OK with me.

Vanitygen will need  -X 08 switch to produce Novacoin addresses. First digit of the pattern must be "4".

./vanitygen -i -X 08 4eee
Difficulty: 19627
Pattern: 4eee
Address: 4EEEQXVTLYCTBTMG5hcYM93crXUmTEfaFN
Privkey:

You can create pull request and I'll merge it. Thank you Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 253

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Novacoin suffers the same issue as PPCoin did with the base58.h file.

My commit merged into the PPCoin official development Tree allows Vanitygen private addresses to be imported. This also corrects the Base58 private key version the daemon produces when dumping a private key.

https://github.com/Hartland/ppcoin

The patch file should work exactly the same in Novacoin, with no changes needed. I can fork and request a pull, or the Novacoin developers can just patch it themselves, either way is OK with me.

Vanitygen will need  -X 08 switch to produce Novacoin addresses. First digit of the pattern must be "4".

./vanitygen -i -X 08 4eee
Difficulty: 19627
Pattern: 4eee
Address: 4EEEQXVTLYCTBTMG5hcYM93crXUmTEfaFN
Privkey:

legendary
I was thinking of RUCoin - both types of hashing. All you Russian coins look alike hahahahah.
I remember only one such ridiculous fork, it's rucoin. Not sure what are you talking about. Smiley

Potato, Potahtoe...same difference lol
Try again better, and then I'll pay you 0.1 btc. Your trolling skill not so good, as we can see.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I was thinking of RUCoin - both types of hashing. All you Russian coins look alike hahahahah.
I remember only one such ridiculous fork, it's rucoin. Not sure what are you talking about. Smiley

Potato, Potahtoe...same difference lol
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Hm... By the "SHA256 side" you mean PPCoin?

Oh never mind I was thinking of RUCoin - both types of hashing. All you Russian coins look alike hahahahah. But adding it to PPCoin as well would be nice, sure.

-MarkM-
Actually I got up solo mining. More to see if I could.

legendary
Code:
2013-02-13 01:46:08.388212 Pool: 80659H/s Stale rate: 0.0% Expected time to block: 2.3 days
Currently working on patches for p2pool... Roll Eyes

Good idea. Are you adding it to both the SHA256 and scrypt sides?

How about also adding merged mining? On the scrypt side that would be a first, and people would have something to merged-mine alongside litecoin. Though personally I am more interested in the merging with the SHA256 side.

-MarkM-

Hm... By the "SHA256 side" you mean PPCoin?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Code:
2013-02-13 01:46:08.388212 Pool: 80659H/s Stale rate: 0.0% Expected time to block: 2.3 days
Currently working on patches for p2pool... Roll Eyes

Good idea. Are you adding it to both the SHA256 and scrypt sides?

How about also adding merged mining? On the scrypt side that would be a first, and people would have something to merged-mine alongside litecoin. Though personally I am more interested in the merging with the SHA256 side.

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: