Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 81. (Read 282664 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Code:
2013-02-13 01:46:08.388212 Pool: 80659H/s Stale rate: 0.0% Expected time to block: 2.3 days
Currently working on patches for p2pool... Roll Eyes
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Having serious problems connecting to nova pool.  Did as site instructed but get no connection.  And I guess i am not clever enough to figure out how to solo for NVC
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
ok, ill try once again.

solo mining 4500kh/s  with cgminer -E 1

/edit:

blocks being found,

solution is public,   4848 blocks and 249097.89 coins,  February 12, 2013, 02:09:34 AM

/edit2:

pool works again, noticed some bugs fixed also.
legendary
There is a -blocknotify=/path/to/your/script.sh option, you can use it instead of blkmond. script.sh will be executed for each new block event.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I have successfully mined a block using getwork.

I am now testing artforz's fork of pushpool

https://github.com/ArtForz/pushpool

For blkmon, I use:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
from jsonrpc.authproxy import AuthServiceProxy
import sys
import os

access = AuthServiceProxy("http://RPCUSER:[email protected]:8332")
blockcount = access.getblockcount()
from time import sleep
while(True):
        newcount = access.getblockcount()
        if newcount > blockcount:
                os.system("killall -s SIGUSR1 pushpoold")
                sys.stdout.write("B")
                sys.stdout.flush()
                blockcount = newcount
                sleep(1)
        else:
                sleep(0.1)

Credit due to metonymous in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blkmond-lite-8797
legendary
Looks like it either has problem with cgminer, or it has problem with getwork for solo mining. Blocks are being rejected due to wrong hash submitted via getwork. Balthazar, are you sure that getwork is properly supported? Have you tested with cgminer?
I think that it's result of 120s expire time, which is default value for cgminer and hard-coded value for reaper. I seen people which mined it at 4-8 mh/s... Of course, they got stales, but stales rate not so dramatic. There is no magic. Smiley

P.S. Tested it with reaper at diff 0.0004, got almost 100% of stales... Then I switched to cgminer with -E 1 and got "only" 55% stales at this difficulty.
P.P.S. Target is 6 blocks per hour (like PPC and Bitcoin), so situation will normalize in near future.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
cgminer/bfgminer option -E =120 change on 1
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

There are only one "problem" - difficulty is high and growing.

I believe it is the only problem for You . I have great ISP, I'm close to Russia, i have a lot of hashpower.
impossible to mine.
 even 20 hours ago, with lower diff and 9 connections, i was finding blocks one by one, but all rejected for no reason, not stales.

I have no idea why only in russia blocks are not rejected.

Looks like it either has problem with cgminer, or it has problem with getwork for solo mining. Blocks are being rejected due to wrong hash submitted via getwork. Balthazar, are you sure that getwork is properly supported? Have you tested with cgminer?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Hey smoothie, are you going to recruit Luke to 51% this latest PutinCoin?

Why? LOL

no fun with no one getting scammed right?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

It's protected with automatic checkpoints same as ppcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
legendary
Why would I be butt hurt about a coin
Because it's usual action in your case. You have nothing to say, only emotions. Smiley

and was obivously premined before public release
1) Tell a lie
2) If someone asks proof, try to say him how it's obvious.
3) Huh
4) Profit.

Cheesy

P.S.  I have nothing against trolls, but you should to try do your work better.

LOL right NVC was announced ahead of time right? Which means no premine? Don't make me laugh.

Oh and you think this is trolling? LOL...I haven't even started little boy.

You still haven't shown why I would be butt hurt. I think it's humorous that NVC was added before PPC to the BTC-e exchange even based on broken code lol.

This is the equivalent of bankers scratching politician's backs in the real world. It's not what you know, it is who you know. Obviously you are good friends with the owners of btc-e. Good for you.

It doesnt remove the joke of NVC added before PPC and NVC not having a publicly available launch date prior to starting the chain...which equal premine lol...

So fail...lol so fail...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
For the record, I'm not trolling your PPC fork. Now that I understand it better, it seems like both an improved LTC and PPC at the same time. Why not combine the best of 2 coins in one?
legendary
Why would I be butt hurt about a coin
Because it's usual action in your case. You have nothing to say, only emotions. Smiley

and was obivously premined before public release
1) Tell a lie
2) If someone asks proof, try to say him how it's obvious.
3) Huh
4) Profit.

Cheesy

P.S.  I have nothing against trolls, but you should to try do your work better.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
crazy_rabbit, smoothie

P.S. One of the reasons to create this it's trolling, of course. Sunny King likes this too, I think. Cheesy

ahhahahahah, love it
legendary
crazy_rabbit, smoothie

P.S. One of the reasons to create this it's trolling, of course. Sunny King likes this too, I think. Cheesy

LOL you brought NVC,

They brought BITCOINs to EXCHANGE,

You therefore brought CHANGE.

No butt hurt here. Why would I be butt hurt about a coin that is broken but added to an exchange and was obivously premined before public release?

LOLzzz!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

legendary
crazy_rabbit, smoothie

Activity: 476
Merit: 253
A strange thing to do, release a coin that cannot be mined right now and have it available on the exchange.

If it is unminable then how does BTC-E have Novacoins then?

How did they mine or get them?

Does this sound like a way to make people spend their Bitcoins buying them as they cannot be mined?

This are just questions and I have no opinion either way, just speculation.

Balthazar released it yesterday on the network during which time some russians mined 200,000 or so coins, then today when it was added to BTC-e everyone started trying to mine it.  Because of the retarget algorithm stale rate even solo mining right now is extremely high (getwork takes forever, so a lot of people's hashes are useless).

see this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/novacoin-scrypt-pow-pos-hybrid-114712

Right now it's a lot of solo miners fighting amongst each other to get as many blocks before the difficulty heads into the double digit range.  People are still getting blocks, but only those with massive hash rates because getwork takes so long.  It's the same problem with every alt coin release that doesn't have a suitable difficulty adjustment algorithm.

Sadly what is happening right now is basically a premine amongst the parties who have the greatest hash rates, since the probability is that they will obtain the majority of the blocks

The russians have it right

Quote from: Pyromaniac
Classic skamkoin

not the greatest hashrate, the closest location to others that started it first.
i have quite better pings to russia [also east europe] than most of the world, and  have like 4500kh power - cant mine, no solo, no pooled.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
A strange thing to do, release a coin that cannot be mined right now and have it available on the exchange.

Does this sound like a way to make people spend their Bitcoins buying them as they cannot be mined?

Balthazar released it yesterday on the network during which time some russians mined 200,000 or so coins, then today when it was added to BTC-e everyone started trying to mine it.  Because of the retarget algorithm stale rate even solo mining right now is extremely high (getwork takes forever, so a lot of people's hashes are useless).

see this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/novacoin-scrypt-pow-pos-hybrid-114712

Right now it's a lot of solo miners fighting amongst each other to get as many blocks before the difficulty heads into the double digit range.  People are still getting blocks, but only those with massive hash rates because getwork takes so long.  It's the same problem with every alt coin release that doesn't have a suitable difficulty adjustment algorithm.

Sadly what is happening right now is basically a premine amongst the parties who have the greatest hash rates, since the probability is that they will obtain the majority of the blocks

The russians have it right

Quote from: Pyromaniac
Classic skamkoin
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

Pages:
Jump to: