Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 82. (Read 282664 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

Yep, I deserved that, I just let my concern over the sourceless (last I read) RUcoin get the best of me. I just wanted people to be careful about what they install, especially in the realm of cryptocurrencies.

You are of no fault, it's always prudent to remind others to double-check  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Perhaps the link to the source code should be in the OP.  

perhaps it is in the first post of original russian thread - link in OP.

i thought windows users need some help, so added links to bins, but was shure linux users can do the work by themselfs

Yep, I deserved that, I just let my concern over the sourceless (last I read) RUcoin get the best of me. I just wanted people to be careful about what they install, especially in the realm of cryptocurrencies.

Activity: 727
Merit: 500
It's funny how NVC gets added to the exchange before PPC.

NVC -> rusian
BTC-E -> rusian

Do you need more explanation?
Activity: 476
Merit: 253

perhaps it is in the first post of original russian thread - link in OP.

i thought windows users need some help, so added links to bins, but was shure linux users can do the work by themselfs
Activity: 617
Merit: 531
Thanks for the binaries xorxor.
legendary
Source code is presumably here:
https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin

So we have another coin where the source code is not readily available.

Are people really downloading and installing these daemons blindly? Anybody installing these "mystery" coins ever hear the term "Trojan Horse"?

The only files available on the source forge site are compiled installers.

If somebody could point us to the source code, perhaps the coin could be taken more seriously.

No, I am not going to run the installer to get the source code, as with the other legitimate coins, the source should be readily available.

legendary
Activity: 1064
So we have another coin where the source code is not readily available.

Are people really downloading and installing these daemons blindly? Anybody installing these "mystery" coins ever hear the term "Trojan Horse"?

The only files available on the source forge site are compiled installers.

If somebody could point us to the source code, perhaps the coin could be taken more seriously.

No, I am not going to run the installer to get the source code, as with the other legitimate coins, the source should be readily available.

https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin

Thank you for the link Sunny.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Funny  haha? I think it's seriously odd that a fork of PPC would be added before PPC itself.

+1 let's add the broken code from the fork...not the original. Sounds like a great idea! Let's do it!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

Funny  haha? I think it's seriously odd that a fork of PPC would be added before PPC itself.
legendary
Well congratulations to the first running ppcoin fork Wink Okay I am a bit surprised but happy Cheesy I think forks are endorsements of the value of our work and I don't mind more competition Grin
Thanks. Smiley

coin price is crashing can not mine on the network because getwork takes 30s and the difficulty won't adjust fast enough because balthazar set it at a max of 1% per block...  this is especially bad for the pool which is getting stales above 50%.  the coin is basically dead in the water hours after its release.
Sorry, but it looks like typical "End of the World 21/12/12" prophecy. Everything and everyone will be dead (except of undeads, of course Cheesy), even Bitcoin. But it still have a sense to exists, because it can change something in our world. Smiley

You are right...change NVC to BTC...profit lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Well congratulations to the first running ppcoin fork Wink Okay I am a bit surprised but happy Cheesy I think forks are endorsements of the value of our work and I don't mind more competition Grin
Thanks. Smiley

coin price is crashing can not mine on the network because getwork takes 30s and the difficulty won't adjust fast enough because balthazar set it at a max of 1% per block...  this is especially bad for the pool which is getting stales above 50%.  the coin is basically dead in the water hours after its release.
Sorry, but it looks like typical "End of the World 21/12/12" prophecy. Everything and everyone will be dead (except of undeads, of course Cheesy), even Bitcoin. But it still have a sense to exists, because it can change something in our world. Smiley
legendary
legendary
NVC price > LTC....LOL!

Buy it while it's still pumped guys!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Activity: 840
legendary
Seems like a waste of time.

"hey can I use your broken code?"

"yeah sure"

"okay here is a new product called BROKEN"

"yay!"

Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Its based on the broken version of PPCoin then? He didn't even wait for the fix before cloning it?

-MarkM-

1) Fast checkpointing is still active.
2) PoS isn't active for now, because there are no coins with 30 day age
3) Fixes can be merged after upstream update.

So, there are no reasons to wait.  Smiley

The fix to PoS is a hard fork
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
balthazar changed difficulty retargeting algorithm too, it's retargeting every single block according to novacoind
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Hmm if there is a minimum stake level though, maybe adjusted like difficulty, the maximum number of proof of stake blocks that could be generated would be however many times that minimum the total number of coins existing happens to be at that time.

For example if there are 21 million coins and minimum stake of 21, the clients could refuse to relay any blocks containing less than 21 stake thus would not have to deal with more than one million proof of stake block candidates in any one block-timespan.

If stake takes time to be useable, like generated coins, then you also get to divide again by say 120 if its 120 blocks, or the 500 or whatever that PPCoin makes stake wait before being unusable.

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: