Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 56. (Read 383407 times)

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
As far as I know Opal Drive will not be mined. This is a good thing since Storj will have its coin plundered by groups building up hardware and manipulating the price and then dumping their coin. Repeat this over and over to derive a money making base and then when the price drops they leave and take away their storage to deplete the network.

How will the service be paid for Opal Drive? Has this been worked out? Very Exciting!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
i am really impressed by hard job Opalteam, they are doing great to develop the innovation features for opal coin,
opal will be the future crypto currency. Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Code:
make
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp: In function ‘int syncthing()’:
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:114:5: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘return’
     return 0;
     ^
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:115:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:114:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
     return 0;
             ^
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

Linux x64
Help Sad

Fixed, git pull and recompile
legendary
Activity: 1008
Opal is the best coin with great hard working team behind it,
no doubt Opal is the best choice to buy now Grin
Activity: 672
Opal Drive is done, we're just working on a plan to get the announcement to reach as many as possible

I just heard about Opalcoin and I would like to be part of OpalCoin's community the feature is amazing , Yes, Need to tell the world about this wonderful gift.
Activity: 101
Merit: 11
Code:
make
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp: In function ‘int syncthing()’:
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:114:5: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘return’
     return 0;
     ^
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:115:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:114:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
     return 0;
             ^
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

Linux x64
Help Sad
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
All this time waiting on Storj and within a week already the Devs have a solution that now competes with Storj! Excellent! Opal is a Pro Team in all aspects!

Storj just delayed Opal and then Storj makes it seem like it was a misunderstanding after all this time. Total delay tactics from Storj! Opal Drive will be a way better solution for sure!
Not really. Code audit of Opal Drive revealed some sketchy stuff. My post detailing this was removed.

Full transcript of our chat: https://slack-files.com/T027H14DW-F03RCGH4K-0d2f22b849

Well, I read this full chat log, and gained more respect for Bass. First, I can tell he is extremely passionate about OPAL to take these issues seriously, and it's clear he cares about Opal investors and community behind the scenes, as well as Opals building reputation. Second, he brings up issues and lays it flat out as it is, which is admirable imo. If you have problem be clear and upfront about it.

Also, I understood from the previous posts, the first release of OPAL Drive is not the finished product. I think most here understand that, and given the speed at which OPAL develops, I don't think anyone is worried or impatient about a fully finished product not being released. (at least not the regular members who have been here to witness the progress already). It will be released, the idea will be demonstrated and we will be able to test it out, the future plans will be laid out, and it will then be further developed, and with little time wasted at that Wink

Anyway, I also have respect for what Storj is doing, and wish you guys luck, I don't think we need to banter. Communications error or not, this stuff doesn't end up benefiting anyone Smiley

Cheers
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
as envisioned pullback has no strength up again.
All this time waiting on Storj and within a week already the Devs have a solution that now competes with Storj! Excellent! Opal is a Pro Team in all aspects!

Storj just delayed Opal and then Storj makes it seem like it was a misunderstanding after all this time. Total delay tactics from Storj! Opal Drive will be a way better solution for sure!
Not really. Code audit of Opal Drive revealed some sketchy stuff. My post detailing this was removed.

Full transcript of our chat: https://slack-files.com/T027H14DW-F03RCGH4K-0d2f22b849

Shawn, the "sketchy" stuff was not secret, in fact I warned people this wouldn't be a reliable or way of storing files, and this was alpha.  This was merely to show we were working on it.  I've tried to stay internal with our differences, and I'd like it if you did the same.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

Just installed Opal QT Opaque. It instantly replaced my former wallet and found my coins. Sync very fast. 25 active connections. Sweet. Staking.  Cheesy
Just a thought, but can future wallets have an update available notification or, better still, auto update with user preference if not wanted?

Update notification is a great idea, auto-update is risky, and will not happen in the near future.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Just installed Opal QT Opaque. It instantly replaced my former wallet and found my coins. Sync very fast. 25 active connections. Sweet. Staking.  Cheesy
Just a thought, but can future wallets have an update available notification or, better still, auto update with user preference if not wanted?
Opal Drive is done, we're just working on a plan to get the announcement to reach as many as possible
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Activity: 276
Merit: 250
Drive almost up ... looking good Roll Eyes Lets see what opal brings in 2015  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1988
^

No doubt on this Smiley

Opal is big.
Activity: 308
Hey guys, before we drop Opal Drive, we need a big favor from you guys!

Please checkout opaltalk.org, where we will discus community, dev, feature requests and more!

Cool, I signed up. Can't wait for Opal Drive guys - gonna be great!

yes it will Smiley
it is funny to see how, with opal, a setback (with Storj) could lead to a better solution !

P.S: We have other really nice features, from sketchs, diagrams to codes and tests.

2015 will be a great year !

legendary
Activity: 1988
good to know we have our forum now Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
\m/

Please checkout opaltalk.org, where we will discus community, dev, feature requests and more!

Cool, I signed up. Can't wait for Opal Drive guys - gonna be great!
Activity: 262

Pages:
Jump to: