Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 57. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
I will enter the battle of Trollburg as RCan06, Vacuum of ignorance

Grin
 Cheesy

RCan06, during the battle of Trollburg "You vill see my colors, then my axe,
and soonly after, you vill g'now what a vacuum is"
That's awesome! ^

Despite living in a bilingual/partially French speaking country, I'm not a very good speaker Tongue
But I do think I understand 'vacuum is ignorance', if I'm reading it correct!

Cheers

me too don't understand french but opal is going to the moon very soon,
with great features and talented dev team, opal will be the future crypto currency.

Vacuum  Cheesy

Its more empty - mind - is ignorance  Tongue

Sure opal will going up soon,team work ass and give allways his best Smiley

I meant vacuum as in 'the vacuum of space' essentially emptiness. Not a Vacuum cleaner! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
That's awesome! ^

Despite living in a bilingual/partially French speaking country, I'm not a very good speaker Tongue

Cheers

with great features and talented dev team, opal will be the future crypto currency.

Vacuum  Cheesy

Its more empty - mind - is ignorance  Tongue

Sure opal will going up soon,team work ass and give allways his best Smiley
Activity: 896
That's awesome! ^

Cheers

That's awesome! ^

Cheers
First page again Smiley

Didn't take long!

Devs work fast at handling problems and finding solutions, never a disappointing moment with Opal Smiley

Edit: you should let me vote yes in the poll though damnit! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1988
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Awww! Say it isn't so Storj! I thought the files would be encrypted from the use of the Storj Service (which costs money or coin in Storj value to store). It is just like having access to your Storj Files from within your Opal wallet instead of your hard drive. So users must pay for the Storage from Storj first, placing their files there, then use the encrypted key to send to another user via wallet. What am I missing here that could ever be a problem? If this is a proprietary deal to a Storj wallet, then that is the only reason I could understand. People must buy Storj to encrypt files on their service period, how we access those files should be open. What would be funny is everyone drive mines Storj and no one uses it. Paying for the Storj service goes back into the devs pockets right? I think they will be rich enough even if it is open to all wallets and they may actually attract more people by allowing integrations.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
(Very basic non opal integrated) is done.  I will be packaging up a release shortly.

just to confirm. use of opaldrive will require opalcoins right? so users will have as much storage space as the coins they possess is worth? or will it be independent so any user can use opaldrive once they have a wallet. even if it has 0 coins in it?

No opal drive will be completely free and p2p.

To clarify, it's not for cloud storage.  In fact files aren't stored anywhere but your own computer.  It's for file transfer

oh. so then can it be incorporated into encrypted flashdrives for p2p transfers on the go? or is it only a local network thing?
Activity: 728
(Very basic non opal integrated) is done.  I will be packaging up a release shortly.

just to confirm. use of opaldrive will require opalcoins right? so users will have as much storage space as the coins they possess is worth? or will it be independent so any user can use opaldrive once they have a wallet. even if it has 0 coins in it?

No opal drive will be completely free and p2p.

To clarify, it's not for cloud storage.  In fact files aren't stored anywhere but your own computer.  It's for file transfer
Activity: 658

Activity: 728
I think its good storj get drop, dno how say but i dont get good feel for them.
Things happen for reason, and I think its a loss on storj, i get introduced to storj for support opal.. and sure more experience same.

Great for finding new technique and do the drive with  Cool

Wise words.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
I think its good storj get drop, dno how say but i dont get good feel for them.
Things happen for reason, and I think its a loss on storj, i get introduced to storj for support opal.. and sure more experience same.

Great for finding new technique and do the drive with  Cool

For now Syncthing (http://syncthing.net) is available for Linux, Mac OS and Windows but also for Androïd, BSD and Solaris.
Using syncthing, you have to collect a unique identifier which you communicate to another "volume" (call it Disk, Machine, even Computer...). You can also do the same operation in the other direction so that it syncs. No volume can synchronize to another if it is not approved.
Then, once the volumes added, you will need to indicate in the config deposits which machines are allowed to access it. Each syncthing connection is encrypted using TLS.
Every node is identified by a strong cryptographic certificate. Only nodes you have explicitly allowed can connect to your cluster.

drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

reading isn't your strongest quality is it?
Hey guys, we have chosen our platform to build opal drive on, and we are switching to syncthing, which is a decentralized transfer protocol.

We will release more information soon, but we expect a release within 24 hours.  Smiley

Fast.

Great job Bassguitarman !
Pages:
Jump to: